***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

Muff

McCulloch should not be in the starting line up, he's not a defender or midfielder, and should be left out!

If only a Chris Burke flu could hit him, and keep him out for months.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a way, I feel a wee bit sorry for McCulloch because it's partly Smith's fault that people don't like him.

A lot of fans can see that it'd require an injury/illness/suspension for McCulloch to get dropped for a big game, as form doesn't seem to come into it with Walter Smith.

McCulloch should not be in the starting line up, he's not a defender or midfielder, and should be left out!

but atm hes doing better than thomson and thomson needs a wake up call and start playing the way he should be am yet to see what he does for us and why we paid 2 million

but atm hes doing better than thomson and thomson needs a wake up call and start playing the way he should be am yet to see what he does for us and why we paid 2 million

Perhaps if we put in a better player alongside Thomson then he'd improve instantly.

You obviously didn't see Kevin Thomson before his injury at Rugby Park last season, and, Lee McCulloch cost more than Kevin Thomson!

Plus, Thomson has recovered from two career threatening injuries, and in the last few weeks, bar last night, has been playing a bit better. Doesn't help when the midfield has a central pairing of McCulloch and Thomson, as there is no creativity in there, and McCulloch is simply not suited to that position.

McCulloch can't; tackle, pass to his own team mates, he's sloppy, shit in the air, leads with his elbows, and gives away far too many fouls, he get's caught on the ball far too often, and caught out of position. He shouts at people to follow, and pick up players, yet finds himself miles away from his player, and fails to pick up. He has absolutely no positional sense, and he cannot defend or create anything. When a team presses our midfield, he panics, our midfield get's over run, and he resorts to long balls. He also bombs up the park not letting anyone know, and leaves a massive gap, also his lack of pace kills us. He dithers on the ball far too often as he doesn't have the footballing brain to pick out a quick ball, resulting in him going back the way all the time.

A piece of shite, and an imposter. Now Smith may be to blame for playing him, but McCulloch could be honest and tell the manager that he doesn't feel that playing him in certain positions, benefits the team, after all, he's a massive Bluenose.

Get him to fuck!

You obviously didn't see Kevin Thomson before his injury at Rugby Park last season, and, Lee McCulloch cost more than Kevin Thomson!

Plus, Thomson has recovered from two career threatening injuries, and in the last few weeks, bar last night, has been playing a bit better. Doesn't help when the midfield has a central pairing of McCulloch and Thomson, as there is no creativity in there, and McCulloch is simply not suited to that position.

McCulloch can't; tackle, pass to his own team mates, he's sloppy, shit in the air, leads with his elbows, and gives away far too many fouls, he get's caught on the ball far too often, and caught out of position. He shouts at people to follow, and pick up players, yet finds himself miles away from his player, and fails to pick up. He has absolutely no positional sense, and he cannot defend or create anything. When a team presses our midfield, he panics, our midfield get's over run, and he resorts to long balls. He also bombs up the park not letting anyone know, and leaves a massive gap, also his lack of pace kills us. He dithers on the ball far too often as he doesn't have the footballing brain to pick out a quick ball, resulting in him going back the way all the time.

A piece of shite, and an imposter. Now Smith may be to blame for playing him, but McCulloch could be honest and tell the manager that he doesn't feel that playing him in certain positions, benefits the team, after all, he's a massive Bluenose.

Get him to fuck!

am not sayin mcculloch should play but if i was to choice between mcculloch and thomson i would start with mcculloch as he is playing better than thomson atm. and as for giving away to many fouls for me thomson gives away the most out the whole team and dives in far to much never stands and wins ball he was very lucky to stay on pitch last night and a few other games. for me thomson hasnt done enough since his move from hibs hes had alot of good players beside like ferguson hemdani mendes davis and hasnt done as gd as he should be.

Get him to fuck!

This point and this poin alone is why I fuckin hate McCulloch. It's like watching a slower, less skillful Barry Ferguson barking orders but not fuckin doin anything

:mcgregor:
:bougherra: :weir: :wilson: :papac:
:mcculloch:
:whittaker: :davis: :novo:
:boyd: :fleck:

That's what I would play although I see this being the team,

:whittaker: :weir: :wilson: :papac:
:davis: :mcculloch: :thomson: :Naismith: or :novo:
:boyd: :miller:

Bougherra should start at right back. I didn't want him to play for Rangers again but after Whittaker's performance last night needs must.

Would rather see Thomson and Davis in the middle than McCulloch, with Fleck and Boyd up front, but we know Smith is going to 4-5-1 us to a tedious draw.

___________________McGregor

Bougherra_______Weir_______Wilson_______Papac

___________________Thomson

_________Davis_______Fleck_____Rothen

_____________Naismith______Lafferty

yeah a can see where the goals will be scored with that goalscoring team a think that team have 3 goals between them this season naismith v falkirk bougi v suutgart n papac v st johnstone so 2 defenders have scored our goals this sean in that team brilliant

:bougherra: :weir: :wilson: :papac:

:thomson:

:whittaker: :davis: :novo:

:boyd: :fleck:

The lack of options is horrendous. Not ideal, but the likes of Naismith, Beasley, Miller, Lafferty, McCulloch....don't deserve to start!

Madjid Bougherra has to be brought back for this game, and I'd like to see him at right back, with Steven Whittaker moved into midfield - where there isn't as much pressure, defensively on him.

Novo starting, which isn't ideal, but at least he'll offer a bit of commitment, which is something that is majorly lacking from this team!

A must win game, and I don't care how we do it - anything else is unacceptable!

Just get it done Rangers.

(tu) ideally thomson wud not play bcos of his performance last night, that cud be said about most tho.

:wilson: :wilson: :wilson: :wilson:

:wilson: :wilson: :wilson: :wilson:

:wilson: :wilson:

That is my worst nightmare!

Lee McCulloch in midfield, Kyle Lafferty out wide, and a goal shy Kenny Miller up front on his own :anguish:

I don't think Lafferty will start tbh, doesn't have the balls or brain to handle the abuse that the Aberdeen fans will direct at him, and I'm sure a few of the Aberdeen players will target him.

Id be starting with-

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Wilson Papac

Davis McCulloch Thomson

Naismith Miller Fleck

We go 442 with Boyd and we will struggle for me and id also drop Weir to allow us to press higher up the park, Their back 4 is weak against pace and movement which is why i would go with a front 3 of Naismith,Fleck and Miller when weve got the ball and it also allows us to have 3 centre midfielders to help us control the game. However i have a feeling WS will go with the 442 that beat Killie which will see us struggle for me.