Stuart Holden

jimbo72

I've seen Stuart play on TV a couple of times, and what impresses me about him is his speed. He has that pace and is quite intelligent while playing on the pitch.

He would be an asset to the Rangers.

So you rate him well then

Who would he come in for in our side just now?

Per TexasGers in his post #5, I would agree with him that Stuart could play central or on the right side.

I will have to post another article in a minute that Aberdeen is definitely interested in him.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Houston Chronicle (Nov. 20, 2009)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/soc/6731917.html

Dynamo midfielder Stuart Holden has emerged as a potential signing target for Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen, according to Reds manager Mark McGhee.

McGhee this week revealed the U.S. international is one of the names on his list of possible January acquisitions as he looks to bolster his squad for a shot at Europa League qualification.

Any move for Holden, 24, is made easier by his dual-nationality status. He was born in Aberdeen and lived there until age 10 when his father’s job in the oil industry led the family to Houston.

McGhee has been keeping tabs on Holden’s progress for the past 18 months, he said, and he has taken advice on Holden’s abilities from Toronto FC general manager Mo Johnston, McGhee's former strike partner at Celtic.

“I haven’t actually seen Stuart myself in the flesh but I have seen a lot of DVDs and I know he is a good player,” McGhee said.

“He is a good playmaking midfielder who is hard to pin down and has an eye for goal,” he said.

“Stuart definitely fits into the caliber of player we are looking to bring to the club.”

The loss of Holden would be a further setback to Dynamo head coach Dominic Kinnear after Ricardo Clark signaled his intentions to pursue opportunities abroad when his contract expires next month

Holden could not be reached for comment Friday.

Mank McGhee is easily the most overrated manager of all time. End of.

To say this lad is on his 'list' of January acquisitions says it all. The only list up there is who's humping the sheep -- and in which order.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/houston-dyna...p-change-355511

Might not be to hard to do a deal with.

Blinding out the fact that it's tribal football, that's what... 19k?

It all depends on many things; who gets sold, who gets sent back from loan, and if he would be willing to take a little paycut just to make it into Europe and play in the Champions League (which most players would).

The more Americans the merrier. :pipe:

He's a good player, would love to see him at the club. Bring him in, Charlie Davies and king Landon and we're set. :pipe:

I know our strikers are bad, but is a guy we is in the process of recovering from a lacerated bladder, a double leg break and a shattered arm really going to make us any better :craphead:

He's a good player, would love to see him at the club. Bring him in, Charlie Davies and king Landon and we're set. :pipe:

I know our strikers are bad, but is a guy we is in the process of recovering from a lacerated bladder, a double leg break and a shattered arm really going to make us any better :craphead:

can't be any worse than Lafferty :pipe:

can't be any worse than Lafferty :pipe:

:pipe: