Kris Boyd must stay!

Muff

When it comes to Kris Boyd, I'm probably one of the most vocal person on Rangers Media, a Boyd hater as some would call me (which just isn't true). You all know what I have said in the past, and my opinion's on him, but over the last few months, I have began to change my mind, especially with the situation we find our club in at this moment in time.

I've fire into him when he's failed to perform - the same can be said about anyone of our players, just the way I am. But I also praise him when he has performed well. I have never doubted his ability to put the ball in the back of the net - the guy is a goal machine, and no-one can take that away from him. Over the last two months, we have all seen a change in Kris Boyd's play. He's been one of our better, and most consistant performers, and anyone who would argue with that obviously has not been watching us, or just does not like the man.

Season after season he failed to get his act together. His all round play was woeful, he was lazy, and not in the right condition. Every so often he would get his act together, put in performances that we expect, and we all hoped that he had changed for good, only to see him return to his old self, but one thing he did, and does consistantly, is put the ball in the back of the net.

After his performances in the latter stages of last season, followed by his shift at Tannadice on the final day, I expected him to take that level of form into the new season - as did the majority of people. However, he didn't, his performances were woeful, and he was criticised, along with dropped.

October came, the team was struggling, David Murray stood down, everyone was panicing, and Kris Boyd started to perform. Let's see how long it last's for, I, and a number of people said. Almost two months, 8 games, and 7 goals later, he's still keeping it going. Not only is he scoring, but he's playing well; he's holding the ball up, he's looking for the ball, look's that bit sharper, closing down the opposition's defence, getting more involved, tracking back, beating men, and bringing others into play....along with still scoring. Now he's missed a couple of good chances in some important games, but at least he's playing well, and getting into the right positions, and during the last few months, both the players and management - Walter Smith especially, have praised him.

There seem's to be a change in his approach to games, and his all round attitude - has that got to do with his contract running down, or has he really changed for good?

Right now I'm proud to pull on that jersey and run out for Rangers. It means everything to me.

"But looking ahead long-term is something I simply can't do.

"I do wonder whenever I score if that'll be my last Rangers goal.

"I hope it's not the case and I believe I have plenty more Rangers goals in me. But that's the reality.

"The January transfer window is fast approaching. I aim to add to my tally but I take every game one at a time these days. The club tried to sell me once, so who is to say it won't happen again?

"You never know what's around the corner. It's the same for everyone at the club. From the manager down, nobody knows what's happening behind the scenes.

"It's actually something which makes me really appreciate getting to 150 league goals in the SPL. It's a good achievement for me."

Sure, I've missed chances when we've played in Europe and against Celtic, but for me that proves nothing.

"If I was walking off these games without getting those chances, I'd be worried.

"But it's basically been bad finishing that's stopped the goals coming in the bigger games. I know I can score goals at any level, it's not a problem for me.

"Stuttgart, Seville, Celtic - I've had chances against them all. Going right back to the beginning, I missed one against Villarreal.

"I might have missed when it's mattered, but I can handle that. Getting the opportunities proves to me I can handle it at that level.

"On another night I could have scored twice against Stuttgart. I just don't think of the missed chances, I think of the chances I get on the end of.

I'm enjoying my football and really feel as though I'm helping the team out a lot more.

"I believe I've grown up a lot in the last few months.

"Maybe there was a time when I felt goals were enough, but that's not the way it is. The most important thing is the team winning and being a team player.

"Maybe completing my coaching badges helped me in that regard.

"Maybe I've got away with it in the past because I've scored the amount of goals I have - but I really don't think some of the criticism has been fair.

It look's to me, that he has finally grown up, and realised what he has to do, and his performances on the park show that - so long may it continue.

Kris Boyd may not be the ideal player to play in the so-called bigger games, but if he keeps on playing like he has been, and makes the chances for himself, then he's got to be given the chance, as there is no-one else like him at the club!

Football is a team game, and Boyd's goals are crucial to the team - there is no-one in the squad who can finish like him, and at this moment in time we cannot afford to go out and sign a quality striker, who will guarantee us goals, and performances.

A guy that scores every week must be rewarded, especially when his deal is nearing an end, and even I, one of his biggest critics (when he's not performed) has come to realise this.

Kris Boyd must keep it up (not every game, but consistantly), and he simply must be rewarded with a new deal!!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It used to be if he didn't score in a game he'd be better off not playing.

Now, even in the games he hasn't scored, he's still performed very well!

It'd be pretty mental to not offer him a new contract as soon as we're able to.

He's been our best outfield player of late.

The fact that there's still been no talks about a new contract as far as we can tell would indicate that the financial situation is preventing it regardless of whether the club wants to give him a new deal or not.

I'm sure I heard that Rangers don't usually start doing deals until after Christmas - I maybe wrong?

Maybe we'll hear something on it after today's AGM?

The fact that there's still been no talks about a new contract as far as we can tell would indicate that the financial situation is preventing it regardless of whether the club wants to give him a new deal or not.

I'm sure I heard that Rangers don't usually start doing deals until after Christmas - I maybe wrong?

Maybe we'll hear something on it after today's AGM?

Seems risky to leave it so late when he can sign for anyone on a bosman after the New Year. Although i can't see Boyd rushing to talk to other clubs, he'll want to try until the end to get a new deal here.

When it comes to Kris Boyd, I'm probably one of the most vocal person on Rangers Media, a Boyd hater as some would call me (which just isn't true). You all know what I have said in the past, and my opinion's on him, but over the last few months, I have began to change my mind, especially with the situation we find our club in at this moment in time.

I've fire into him when he's failed to perform - the same can be said about anyone of our players, just the way I am. But I also praise him when he has performed well. I have never doubted his ability to put the ball in the back of the net - the guy is a goal machine, and no-one can take that away from him. Over the last two months, we have all seen a change in Kris Boyd's play. He's been one of our better, and most consistant performers, and anyone who would argue with that obviously has not been watching us, or just does not like the man.

Season after season he failed to get his act together. His all round play was woeful, he was lazy, and not in the right condition. Every so often he would get his act together, put in performances that we expect, and we all hoped that he had changed for good, only to see him return to his old self, but one thing he did, and does consistantly, is put the ball in the back of the net.

After his performances in the latter stages of last season, followed by his shift at Tannadice on the final day, I expected him to take that level of form into the new season - as did the majority of people. However, he didn't, his performances were woeful, and he was criticised, along with dropped.

October came, the team was struggling, David Murray stood down, everyone was panicing, and Kris Boyd started to perform. Let's see how long it last's for, I, and a number of people said. Almost two months, 8 games, and 7 goals later, he's still keeping it going. Not only is he scoring, but he's playing well; he's holding the ball up, he's looking for the ball, look's that bit sharper, closing down the opposition's defence, getting more involved, tracking back, beating men, and bringing others into play....along with still scoring. Now he's missed a couple of good chances in some important games, but at least he's playing well, and getting into the right positions, and during the last few months, both the players and management - Walter Smith especially, have praised him.

There seem's to be a change in his approach to games, and his all round attitude - has that got to do with his contract running down, or has he really changed for good?

Right now I'm proud to pull on that jersey and run out for Rangers. It means everything to me.

"I hope it's not the case and I believe I have plenty more Rangers goals in me. But that's the reality.

"The January transfer window is fast approaching. I aim to add to my tally but I take every game one at a time these days. The club tried to sell me once, so who is to say it won't happen again?

"You never know what's around the corner. It's the same for everyone at the club. From the manager down, nobody knows what's happening behind the scenes.

"It's actually something which makes me really appreciate getting to 150 league goals in the SPL. It's a good achievement for me."

Sure, I've missed chances when we've played in Europe and against Celtic, but for me that proves nothing.

"If I was walking off these games without getting those chances, I'd be worried.

"But it's basically been bad finishing that's stopped the goals coming in the bigger games. I know I can score goals at any level, it's not a problem for me.

"Stuttgart, Seville, Celtic - I've had chances against them all. Going right back to the beginning, I missed one against Villarreal.

"I might have missed when it's mattered, but I can handle that. Getting the opportunities proves to me I can handle it at that level.

"On another night I could have scored twice against Stuttgart. I just don't think of the missed chances, I think of the chances I get on the end of.

I'm enjoying my football and really feel as though I'm helping the team out a lot more.

"Maybe there was a time when I felt goals were enough, but that's not the way it is. The most important thing is the team winning and being a team player.

"Maybe I've got away with it in the past because I've scored the amount of goals I have - but I really don't think some of the criticism has been fair.

It look's to me, that he has finally grown up, and realised what he has to do, and his performances on the park show that - so long may it continue.

Kris Boyd may not be the ideal player to play in the so-called bigger games, but if he keeps on playing like he has been, and makes the chances for himself, then he's got to be given the chance, as there is no-one else like him at the club!

Football is a team game, and Boyd's goals are crucial to the team - there is no-one in the squad who can finish like him, and at this moment in time we cannot afford to go out and sign a quality striker, who will guarantee us goals, and performances.

A guy that scores every week must be rewarded, especially when his deal is nearing an end, and even I, one of his biggest critics (when he's not performed) has come to realise this.

Kris Boyd must keep it up (not every game, but consistantly), and he simply must be rewarded with a new deal!!!!

You call youself football professor yet you advocate Rangers a club who aspire to at least take part in Uefa competition each year giving Kris Boyd a new contract? Another example of how awfully low we have sunk, the guy completes a simple 10 yard pass and fans swoon and talk about how he is"working harder" and his "link up play" has improved. I would love to see him go elsewhere just to see what coaches and fans in another league would make of him. Imo they wouls probably be totally horrified by his lack of technique and athleticism, then they would remember he came from the spl the most retarted of all football leagues.

You call youself football professor yet you advocate Rangers a club who aspire to at least take part in Uefa competition each year giving Kris Boyd a new contract? Another example of how awfully low we have sunk, the guy completes a simple 10 yard pass and fans swoon and talk about how he is"working harder" and his "link up play" has improved. I would love to see him go elsewhere just to see what coaches and fans in another league would make of him. Imo they wouls probably be totally horrified by his lack of technique and athleticism, then they would remember he came from the spl the most retarted of all football leagues.

Show's what you know about football doh

Football professor - Ralf Rangnick, my avatar!

Please stay out of this thread (tu)

How incredibly arrogant. Re read your final comment and think about how it makes you look. Why should I stay out of the thread? I know alot of people on here are very impressed by you but I don't think you should dictate who takes part in each thread? Do you?

I am contributing to a debate on Kris Boyd and I am also putting aside any dislike for his personality. I have at times resorted to personally insulting him because I am dumbfounded someone with his lack of attributes and poor attitude plays for Rangers.

You very clearly fancy yourself as an authority and I assume you watch alot of football, do you think he compares with any other striker playing fo any other top two club in any of Europes leagues?

I know who is in you avater, please don't insult all of our intelligence by trying to make out it is in no way connected to how you see yourself and how you like others on these boards to see you.

What the hell is the point in comparing Boyd to players that are playing for clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester Utd, Chelsea, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Leverkusen etc etc?

I wouldn't expect us to have anyone who's good enough to be playing for clubs like that especially currently, we don't have the financial resources nor are we playing in a good enough league to attract them.

I've never been a big fan of Boyd but over the last six weeks or so he has been a different player and I will now be very sorry if he is not offered a new contract. I just cannot se how we can let him run down his contract. Other than maybe Jermaine Defoe there is not another player in Britain who can strike a ball first time with such power and accuracy at goal. I accept his weaknesses but in his present form and new attitude we will never get anyone better.

What the hell is the point in comparing Boyd to players that are playing for clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester Utd, Chelsea, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Leverkusen etc etc?

I wouldn't expect us to have anyone who's good enough to be playing for clubs like that especially currently, we don't have the financial resources nor are we playing in a good enough league to attract them.

I said ANY european league, I didn't mean just the top leagues.

I don't watch that broad a range of football (don't know how too really.) But i'd estimate Boyd is better than at least some of the strikers playing at the top of leagues like Finland, Norway, Switzerland etc etc. The best players from those countries have always gone elsewhere in no time to bigger footballing nations.

How incredibly arrogant. Re read your final comment and think about how it makes you look. Why should I stay out of the thread? I know alot of people on here are very impressed by you but I don't think you should dictate who takes part in each thread? Do you?

I am contributing to a debate on Kris Boyd and I am also putting aside any dislike for his personality. I have at times resorted to personally insulting him because I am dumbfounded someone with his lack of attributes and poor attitude plays for Rangers.

You very clearly fancy yourself as an authority and I assume you watch alot of football, do you think he compares with any other striker playing fo any other top two club in any of Europes leagues?

I know who is in you avater, please don't insult all of our intelligence by trying to make out it is in no way connected to how you see yourself and how you like others on these boards to see you.

Arrogant - I was correcting you (tu)

I don't give a shit what anyone think's of me, it's an internet forum - you either agree with me, or you don't, big deal, I aint going to lose any sleep.

Do you actually watch our games? Why would you compare Rangers, and Rangers players, knowing our circumstances, to top two club in any of Europes leagues? <cr>

What you fancy then gsa let Boyd go then try and bring in Zlatan ?

Don't be stupid or the football professor will have us both kicked out of his class. I said any striker in any league and I asked how he compares, i.e - whats his first touch like compared to theirs, how is his workrate compared to theirs, etc, etc.

Our circumstances are we have spent much more money than Twente or Braga in the last two years and look at the players they source and the league positions they are in. How much did Marco Arnautovic cost Twente and how much will they sell him for if his move to Inter oes through? I am sick of hearing about our circumstances, did our circumstances make Wally buy Mcculloch and Lafferty? Do our circumstances dictate that £12,000 per week footballers can't control or pass the ball?

Marco Arnautovic signed for Twente as a youngster!

I know he did, thats the point I was making. They found him in Austria and gave him a chance to play. We spend millions we clearly don't have on over priced duds like Mcculloch and Lafferty.