Referee today

papaguy51

I can't remember the last time I saw a Gers game and we had a decent ref in the SPL.

Some of the decision today were shocking;

Ugo winning the ball as clear as day, somehow Hibs got a free kick. To make it worse, was right in front of the ref.

Fergie in a 50/50 with Rob Jones near the end, wins the ball from the Hibs man but.... Ref gives Hibs a free kick and books Fergie! WTF.

Thomson going for a header with a Hibs player, cant mind his name. Jumps fairly but misses the ball, but no arms or elbows used, never mind maliciously, and somehow gets a yellow card.

Some bizarre decisions yet again today.

The Ugo one was shocking.

The barry decision was right as barry did have a handful of jones top. Plus just before barry brought someone down on purpose.

Thomson one was also wrong never a freekick or a yellow.

Another case of shite refs in the SPL.

The barry decision was right as barry did have a handfull of jones top.

Why was Jones not booked for CLEARLY elbowing Ferguson in the back of the head/neck after it though?

If you think referees in the SPL are bad, Try playing the game at Amatuer level.

The refs in the SPL are of a decent standard, But as long as there is human error and personal opinions in the game fans will never ever be happy with referees decisions.

Why was Jones not booked for CLEARLY elbowing Ferguson in the back of the head/neck after it though?

Wasn't really an elbow more of a push but i agree the ref should have done something about that.

Another error IMO was in the first five ten minutes when the ball went out and the throw went our way, young Whittaker who had the ball banged it of the ground in frustration. That should have been a yellow on the spot.

I can't remember the last time I saw a Gers game and we had a decent ref in the SPL.

Some of the decision today were shocking;

Ugo winning the ball as clear as day, somehow Hibs got a free kick. To make it worse, was right in front of the ref.

Fergie in a 50/50 with Rob Jones near the end, wins the ball from the Hibs man but.... Ref gives Hibs a free kick and books Fergie! WTF.

Thomson going for a header with a Hibs player, cant mind his name. Jumps fairly but misses the ball, but no arms or elbows used, never mind maliciously, and somehow gets a yellow card.

Some bizarre decisions yet again today.

Some of his calls were unbelievable,it was like playing against twelve men out there today,and with Boyd having his usual non-contributing game we were two men short for most of the game,which made today's result all the more amazing.Oh!and the the Ref should be investigated for his peformance today. (willy)

Ferguson was rightly booked for blatent shirt pulling.

You chose not to mention Jones blatant push/elbow on Fergie right after the incident..that not a yellow card these days?

Wasn't really an elbow more of a push but i agree the ref should have done something about that.

Another error IMO was in the first five ten minutes when the ball went out and the throw went our way, young Whittaker who had the ball banged it of the ground in frustration. That should have been a yellow on the spot.

in fairness though it was an obvious hibs throw in

You chose not to mention Jones blatant push/elbow on Fergie right after the incident..that not a yellow card these days?

Papaguy51, you should realise where briton is coming from; certainly not the rangers end according to his posts.

Bf not only pulled Jone's shirt he used his elbow too. Correct yellow card. Bf better cool it or he will end up missing some big games.

Jones pushed him at the end and he also should have been booked.

It was not one of BF's best days.

The refereeing was appalling. Worst decisions involved Ugo, which makes me remember the bad old days of guys like Bob Valentine who had certain players down as "dirty" and other down as "hard men". If he thought you were dirty, you only had to get within about 20 feet of a player and he was booking you. But if he had you down as a hard man, you could smash a player to the ground, murder him and bury him in a shallow grave at the side of the park and the other guy would get booked for dissent.

From where a was sittin in the ground, in the 1st half to me Jones should of got a straight red for a shocking challenge on Hutton a think it was no intent of going for the ball went straight through him, the ref was shocking again so inconsistent how Zemmama got away unpunished by pushing sum1 in the face was a it of mystery, the Ugo tackle he took the ball then the man and then think in 1st half a free kick they nearly scored with (hit Nacho in the midrift and he was in pain :lol::lol: ) was never a free kick but a cant even remember the last time we had a good ref seems to be Brines, Richmond or Thomson for the games and they are the 3 worst refs in the league

From where a was sittin in the ground, in the 1st half to me Jones should of got a straight red for a shocking challenge on Hutton a think it was no intent of going for the ball went straight through him, the ref was shocking again so inconsistent how Zemmama got away unpunished by pushing sum1 in the face was a it of mystery, the Ugo tackle he took the ball then the man and then think in 1st half a free kick they nearly scored with (hit Nacho in the midrift and he was in pain :lol::lol: ) was never a free kick but a cant even remember the last time we had a good ref seems to be Brines, Richmond or Thomson for the games and they are the 3 worst refs in the league

You must have been sitting in the wrong area of the ground as Jones was very unlucky to get booked as he took the ball first.

Also if thats a freekick, Remember Scott Brown rounded McGregor (Albeit he got hands on the ball) he also took Brown out of the game and allowed Murray to get back and clear. Dont think it was a Penalty, But if the Rob Jones incident is a free kick, Then it has to be giving. Only difference is McGregor took the ball with his hands and followed through, where as Jones took the ball with his feet and followed through.

At the end of the day, Both were not fouls, But how he can give one and not the other is baffling.

You must have been sitting in the wrong area of the ground as Jones was very unlucky to get booked as he took the ball first.

Also if thats a freekick, Remember Scott Brown rounded McGregor (Albeit he got hands on the ball) he also took Brown out of the game and allowed Murray to get back and clear. Dont think it was a Penalty, But if the Rob Jones incident is a free kick, Then it has to be giving. Only difference is McGregor took the ball with his hands and followed through, where as Jones took the ball with his feet and followed through.

At the end of the day, Both were not fouls, But how he can give one and not the other is baffling.

a was sittin over in the corner near the main stand was in row a 105 and the angle a saw the tackle from it looked a real bad challenge, with Brown Macgregor looked to get a hand to the ball and then bring him down but need to see it again on tv

The ref was poor again, seemed to love stopping the game for petty things - why did the sfa force the likes of willie young and hugh dallas to retire. Even if they are getting on a bit they could do a much better job it cant be a fitness issue because dougie mcdonald's allowed to waddle about spilling out of his shirt.

That was not mentionen...the OP claimed Ferguson did nothing wrong and should not have been booked. That was plainly wrong.

Papaguy51, you should realise where briton is coming from; certainly not the rangers end according to his posts.

Explain. Because I have eyes in my head and am not a Ferguson sycophant I'm not a Rangers fan eh? I'm fascinated to know what posts I have made tell you that I'm not from 'the Rangers end' Einstein. Actually I didn't realise that you decided these things. Perhaps once you explain what we I have to post to satisfy you as to my allegiances then I'll be able to change my wicked ways eh? I assume one thing I should not do is say that a Rangers player deserved a booking even when it is patently obvious.

Ferguson cheated by pulling the guy's shirt and was booked...end of.