Who was your "really" unsung Rangers player?

numansnewman

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought Claudio Reyna and Shota Arveladze never got the recognition they deserved.

Very good players in a team full of big players with even bigger egos.

The Advocaat era still bamboozles and delights me in equal measure.

In my time it's still Claudio Reyna. In any other Rangers team he'd be a stand out but due to the quality we had throughout the squad when he was around he was less appreciated. Pretty much everything Steven Davis currently offers only with consistency, leadership, better techincal ability and a hard edge. Just a phenomenal athlete really.

Random fact, we discovered Reyna after playing the US national side in a friendly in 1998 arranged by Advocaat.

Maybe Tommy McLean isn't quite as well remembered/thought of as he should be. He played over 450 games for us including the 1972/73 Cup Winners Cup team. He was an excellent winger with a good brain. He even became our assistant manager under Wille Waddell (?) and came back to Ibrox to work with the kids about 9 years ago. Don't know what he's doing now but fondly remembered by this bear.

Wee Tam was exceptional, could always drop the ball on a pinhead with his crosses. Another player I quite liked, albeit later on, was Peter Huistra.

I used to love Huistra when I was wee, was cryin when my dad told me he left!

So long ago where was he from??

Maybe Tommy McLean isn't quite as well remembered/thought of as he should be. He played over 450 games for us including the 1972/73 Cup Winners Cup team. He was an excellent winger with a good brain. He even became our assistant manager under Wille Waddell (?) and came back to Ibrox to work with the kids about 9 years ago. Don't know what he's doing now but fondly remembered by this bear.

Wee Tam was exceptional, could always drop the ball on a pinhead with his crosses. Another player I quite liked, albeit later on, was Peter Huistra.

I used to love Huistra when I was wee, was cryin when my dad told me he left!

So long ago where was he from??

We signed him from FC Twente and he left for Japan :anguish:

There has been quite a few unsung heroes, I always liked Stuart McCall. Munro possibly.

I wouldn't players were unsung, just had great players in the team who hit the headlines due to their

game.

Also him that came from Hearts. His name escapes me just now, I'm very tired just now :)

His cheeks were always bright red. Defender. Had to retire due to injury. Part of nine in a row teams.

That's annoying me now LOL. Not Dave McPherson.

There has been quite a few unsung heroes, I always liked Stuart McCall. Munro possibly.

I wouldn't players were unsung, just had great players in the team who hit the headlines due to their

game.

Also him that came from Hearts. His name escapes me just now, I'm very tired just now :)

His cheeks were always bright red. Defender. Had to retire due to injury. Part of nine in a row teams.

could it be kenny black

game.

I think you mean Alan Mc Laren. he was a very good player . :thumbup: