Who was your "really" unsung Rangers player?

numansnewman

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUENTIN YOUNG.

not only has their never been another "Quentin",but he was a great number 11,and i dont even know if he was scottish,but i ,for some reason,have never forgot him.

Quintin 'Cutty' Young, and I think he was an Ayrshireman.

well at least you remembered him casey

Cutty was not only one of us he had the tattoo's to prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont believe it..not in these days..never

ah liked baxter , loved him ----- but billy stevenson wiz ah bit speshull ----- and ah unsung player even to this day

Maybe Tommy McLean isn't quite as well remembered/thought of as he should be. He played over 450 games for us including the 1972/73 Cup Winners Cup team. He was an excellent winger with a good brain. He even became our assistant manager under Wille Waddell (?) and came back to Ibrox to work with the kids about 9 years ago. Don't know what he's doing now but fondly remembered by this bear.

Too young for Quentin,the unsung hero i remember was Stuart Munro.

Yeh, liked Stuart too but for me Stuart McCall edges it in the unsong hero category

was McCall really an unsong hero?

He might not have hit the headlines the way that Laudrup or Gazza or them did, but i dont think any pundit or fan would doubt he was a brilliant player!

He was a key part in NIAR.

My dad's unsung hero will forever be Stuart Munro. Apparently him & his pal were the only 2 members of his fan club :lol:

:lol:

I remember watching Munro at Alloa as a left winger,converted to full back at Rangers,a good player he was the original steady eddie, now in Australia i think.

Maybe Tommy McLean isn't quite as well remembered/thought of as he should be. He played over 450 games for us including the 1972/73 Cup Winners Cup team. He was an excellent winger with a good brain. He even became our assistant manager under Wille Waddell (?) and came back to Ibrox to work with the kids about 9 years ago. Don't know what he's doing now but fondly remembered by this bear.

Wee Tam was exceptional, could always drop the ball on a pinhead with his crosses. Another player I quite liked, albeit later on, was Peter Huistra.