When Edu and Mendes are fit what happens?

nvager

I would have no problem playing Davis in the wide midfield position.

Although I know he prefers center mid he can do a lot of damage from the wide berth as has been proved in the past.

Mendes won't be back soon and Edu will be eased back in after being out for so long so we should see Davis staying in the center for a while yet.

mendes wont be back,nothing to play for,no world cup for him..he will lift the cash.

Edu,like DMB will try to impress,so will majic,but i think he will be sold in jan anyway.

Mendes still has a chance of going to the World Cup. He was an important player in their 3-0 win over Hungary I think it was.

mendes wont be back,nothing to play for,no world cup for him..he will lift the cash.

Edu,like DMB will try to impress,so will majic,but i think he will be sold in jan anyway.

he played well when he was called up to the portugal squad the last time so theres a good chance he will be at the world cup if he can stay injury free

he played well when he was called up to the portugal squad the last time so theres a good chance he will be at the world cup if he can stay injury free

disagree max..he isnt on the european stage whatsoever.

neither are the americans,but the portugese can pick and choose.

mendes is done

I keep the 442 and let Mendes and Edu compete for who gets the start next to Davis. A bit of competition always brings the best out of players.

We are looking like a different side playing with two pacey wingers and I think its our best formation. We need to stick with two up, our defence can handle anything in the SPL and its a waste of an attacking player playing 3 in the middle of the park.

Agree in most part with DundeeGer, but it will give WS ideas having so many players available. Lets hope he stays with beasley and Novo on thewing if their form is good. Edu and Mendes can be worked in slowly to regain their fitness. If Edu hits top form again he should be in the team, but he may need time..

Sometimes playing your best players doesn't always make your best team.

As good as Mendes and Edu can be, if we're still winning then they will have to warm the bench. Always stick with the winning side.

:mcgregor:
:broadfoot: :bougherra: :wilson: :papac:
:beasley: :davis: :edu: :novo:
:boyd: :miller:

This is providing beasley novo etc are still on form and if we havent sold any1.

good news is that its going to be very hard for mcculloch and lafferty to get a game.

I'd prefer to see Steven Davis played in the center if we are going 4-4-2, it's his best position. So that leaves Mendes, Edu and Thomson fighting it out for the other spot in the middle of the park.

However, I'd like to see us go to a 4-3-3. When we had Thomson, Davis and Mendes all fit at the start of last season, the three of them were playing very well, and all complimented each other.

I'd prefer to see Steven Davis played in the center if we are going 4-4-2, it's his best position. So that leaves Mendes, Edu and Thomson fighting it out for the other spot in the middle of the park.

However, I'd like to see us go to a 4-3-3. When we had Thomson, Davis and Mendes all fit at the start of last season, the three of them were playing very well, and all complimented each other.

even during pre-season the 3 of them played very well i thought. you know when Walter said we were trying out a new formation :lol: