Right Back

georgem041289

Who does everyone think it should be?

I think that Broadoot would be a safer option against the filth on the 3rd. ye get me? As whittaker's defensive frailties could be brutally exposed again as we have found out to our cost in europe. Broadfood, although not as technically gifted as Whittaker, is more depandable and reliable in his defensive duties. And also he will have wee tattie face mcgeady in his back pocket again and show us some more wee tricks. Wurd :pierre:

Who does everyone think it should be?

I think that Broadoot would be a safer option against the filth on the 3rd. ye get me? As whittaker's defensive frailties could be brutally exposed again as we have found out to our cost in europe. Broadfood, although not as technically gifted as Whittaker, is more depandable and reliable in his defensive duties. And also he will have wee tattie face mcgeady in his back pocket again and show us some more wee tricks. Wurd :pierre:

Has to be broadfoot.

Broadfoot was an integral part of our team in the run to the Uefa cup final. Thought he was outstanding that season. If he can get anything close to that form then it broadfoot every game for me. Let's not forget whittaker did contribute that amazing solo mazy goal against sporting lisbon that sealed the win for us. I think whittaker might take up the role that Nacho's had for a while and that is to be an impact player coming off the bench and creating goals goin forward cause he's certainly not a defensive player.

Broadfoot has done well in the 2 games since his long injury. Has obviously kept himself very fit despite his injury. Looks a lot slimmer than before.

Better defender than Whittaker and will give his all in every game. Have to say he is a better player than I first thought he was when he signed.

Best we have at right back by far.

Whittaker would be better used in a midfield position but only if other players were injured. Bit part player from now on.

broadfoot has 90% + of whittakers attacking flair but 100% more defensive ability - no brainer.

With the right coaching (which wont be at murray park judging by our corner kicks - whittaker could be an excellent winger tho)

I'm undecided. Whittaker has actually played reasonably well against Celtic. It was Papac who worried me in the last Old Firm game bringing down people in or near the box a couple of times and getting away with it. Whittaker looked a threat to them and he tends to pick up his game for the big matches.

For those who are set to praise Broadfoots defending I'll remind you it was him that let McDonald score last season. Any 8 year old knows to mark on the goal side of the attacker and yet he failed to do that costing us a goal and the match. Admittedly that was in the centre rather than on the right but he certainly has his defensive frailties as well. Not to mention the guy is slow as fuck but still tends to venture too far forward.

Broadfoot is a disaster against any half decent striker...seen milk turn quicker.....as is Whittaker.

If Bougherra is still here i'd play him right back with Wilson in the middle.....If not then god knows cos Bombscare Broadfoot is a very very poor player but is better than Whittaker......what a sad state we're in .

I'd rather play Lee McCulloch at right back than Steven Whittaker, that's how bad he's become.

Broadfoot has to remain at right back, but we need both a new left and right back as the current ones are not good enough - unfortunatley we do no have the money, so we are stuck with the likes of Broadfoot, Whittaker, Papac and Smith.

Whittaker had the position for 9 months while Broadfoot was out injured.

Broadfoot had one reserve game after regaining fitness then was re-instated at right back.

Whittaker is finshed at Rangers as his level is back at Hibs.

TOTALLY SPOT ON MATE

He is awful