Whittaker

GlenH79

What are peopels opinions on using Whittaker as a winger, either right or left? i think he has the qualities to be excellent in these positions - he has pace, trickery and good ball control, he also is a good finisher and can score some stunning goals, i feel that playing whittaker as a winger would allow us to exploit his attacking abilities and goal threat, i would play him left wing if Novo either drops out of the Old Firm game due to injury or is moved up to partner Boyd.

He is an absolute bombscare at RB!

Going forward he is not too bad and he is liable to chip in with a few goals. If he is going to play it should be in a more attacking role of RW where ther is less pressure on him to defend. However, there are a number of players I would prefer to see play ahead of him.

i love Whittaker

a fantastic player, who unfortunately struggles with confidence when braindead fans boo him and get on his back

his goal v sporting was one the finest sporting moments

most goals he scores seem to be crackers

on his game in correct position, Whitts is brilliant.

left midfield i think is his best position

glad to see most people agree with me in that Whittaker would be a much better player out wide rather than in defence, i was very glad when Broadfoot came back, hes a much better RB. As for him playing in the old firm, the thought of having him run at either Hinkel or Fox makes me feel glad :P

He's a very useful bench player.

He acts as cover for several positions.

I like him in the squad, but at full back his frailties are shown up far too much. He actually gets skinned by everyone and anyone.

I've actually always liked him wide left. He seems to have had great games playing out there and can chip in with goals.

I also agree that, although I think he only took 2, his corners were better than anyone else in our team.

hes alright going forward,should never play defence for us again though, hes utter pish. I am a lot more comfortable going into an old firm game with broadfoot at rb( not that i think hes that great either but hes better defending) Hes an option for midfield but only as a last resort imo. although it might be a last resort on sunday as we are running out of players!!!

What are peopels opinions on using Whittaker as a winger, either right or left? i think he has the qualities to be excellent in these positions - he has pace, trickery and good ball control, he also is a good finisher and can score some stunning goals, i feel that playing whittaker as a winger would allow us to exploit his attacking abilities and goal threat, i would play him left wing if Novo either drops out of the Old Firm game due to injury or is moved up to partner Boyd.

He has nil pace. This Whittaker pace thing is a myth.

Whittaker is among our worst players.

Scoring the odd goal here and there makes no difference.

When he plays we HAVE to score goals cos he usually costs us 1 or 2.

very harsh mate

there are plenty players that dont have the skill, drive and shooting ability whittaker has

i could probably name 10 players who i rate worse than whittaker

i think hes effective in midfield, but he does struggle at the back

He has nil pace. This Whittaker pace thing is a myth.

So, he scored vs Utd after magicly conjuring the ball to his feet from the defender rather than beating him for pace to dink the ball round the keeper? :P

Whittaker is among our worst players.

Scoring the odd goal here and there makes no difference.

When he plays we HAVE to score goals cos he usually costs us 1 or 2.

very harsh mate

there are plenty players that dont have the skill, drive and shooting ability whittaker has

i could probably name 10 players who i rate worse than whittaker

i think hes effective in midfield, but he does struggle at the back

He would do a lot better in midfield than at the back but I really don't think he brings anything to the team that others can't bring.

Sorry if you feel thats a bit harsh but I really do feel that way about him.

Would still support him though as long as Walter puts him on the park.