Next Rangers Captain (From Current Squad)

BEE

Captain  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose?

• Kevin Thomson
    • Lee McCulloch
    • Steven Davis
    • Allan McGregor
    • Kris Boyd
    • Other

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that there is a lack of a leader in the squad outwith weir but a dark horse for me would also be Kenny Miller, he does a fair bit of communicating while on the park and is another of watties favourites.

i picked "other"

i think if Danny Wilson continues his rise, he could be our next gough, he isnt scared to shout at more experience team mates and shows a very cool head for someone so young, he gets my vote

He's not ready yet, imo. A full season in the first team and he could be (tu)

I agree that there is a lack of a leader in the squad outwith weir but a dark horse for me would also be Kenny Miller, he does a fair bit of communicating while on the park and is another of watties favourites.

:anguish:

Was going to put big Kirk in the list but I thought I'd get a bollocking because of my name :anguish: Didn't consider Mendes and Bougherra because they won't be here when Weir retired IMHO and didn't see Papac, Novo or Miller as realistic choices. Miller played for the mhanks, I've not got a problem with him being on the field for us if he's playing well etc but the thought of him being captain gies me the boak.

I like Davis but he isn't a leader. No way is he captain material. I think Miller is even a better shout than him. McGregor is definately the best option imo, he's the one you always see on the pitch shouting to others if he doesn't think they're doing their job correctly.

Wilson as captain is absolutely laughable. Cannot believe thats even been suggested.

Was going to put big Kirk in the list but I thought I'd get a bollocking because of my name :anguish: Didn't consider Mendes and Bougherra because they won't be here when Weir retired IMHO and didn't see Papac, Novo or Miller as realistic choices. Miller played for the mhanks, I've not got a problem with him being on the field for us if he's playing well etc but the thought of him being captain gies me the boak.

I know what you are saying and I have the same feelings but I just see him as a dark horse due to his age and experience.Moreover, he must command some respect in the dressing room due to his involvement in boogiegate.

Im confused about why Thommo is even up for the role, never fit, not good enough atm and doesn't show the dedication, commitment and fight you should see in someone who is a serious contender for the armband :disappointment:

Agree completely, he chose to go to the Edinburgh mini derby instead of supporting his teammates.No way he should be considered even if he manages to show enough form to play first team football.

I like Davis but he isn't a leader. No way is he captain material. I think Miller is even a better shout than him. McGregor is definately the best option imo, he's the one you always see on the pitch shouting to others if he doesn't think they're doing their job correctly.

Wilson as captain is absolutely laughable. Cannot believe thats even been suggested.

I would have suggested Miller if he had not went to the darkside, always seems vocal on the pitch and lets the players around him no when he's not happy.

Its a strange one.

I voted Davis but only because he is the most viable option...I dont actually see him as captain material.

Wilson is way too young...In a few years he will be a perfect choice but not right now.

Davis for me, given the limited choice accross the squad.

Was kevin thompson captain at hibs before we got him ???

yeah, im sure he was

but hes no captain of Rangers

off form, unfit and will have to work very hard to fit back into the team

im closer to the captaincy than him

(tu)

Was kevin thompson captain at hibs before we got him ???

yeah, im sure he was

but hes no captain of Rangers

off form, unfit and will have to work very hard to fit back into the team

im closer to the captaincy than him

(tu)

Cheers for confirming that (tu)