Kyle Lafferty

Herrbear

We paid far too much for him.

That's not Lafferty's fault, but he's not helping himself with some of the shite he comes out with to the papers, combined with his abject performances.

Its not his fault that we paid that much for him. Whittaker for £2Million, Hutton for £9Million, values are stupid these days. He is a gers fan, he wants to do well for us but is suffering from a massive lack of confidence. If people think getting on his back at games or on websites is going to help him be the best player he can be then they are stupid.

I had the pleasure of talking top Mo Ross once on a night out and a more pleasant guy you couldn't meet. Spoke a lot of sense about the scapegoat culture of the fans at Ibrox. I can see the same thing happening here which is sad as I actually believe there is a player in there. Hopefully he can show that during Boyd's absence in the coming weeks in his correct position of course. If Walter throws Naismith on instead of him I swear my season ticket is getting binned.

One man's scapegoat culture is another man looking to improve.

We could have had a decent centre back and a decent winger for the price we've paid for Lafferty. I don't like his attitude, doesn't seem lacking in confidence when he's boasting about his bank balance or car choice in the paper.

Trust me exasperated sighs when guys like Whittakler and Lafferty misplace a pass or lose the ball doesn't help them. That's first year sports psychology. Both these guys need the fans to get off their back. We're meant to be supporters FFS. That means supporting the players, helping the team. I know you can argue that they earn enough money and should be big enough to take it. Yeah that's fine but if you want them to do the best they can for Rangers to make us a bettter team, to help us win the title then we need to get behind the guy. If people want to get on the players backs they might as well sit in the away end.

His comments and boasts o the press might hide the fact that really is a very insecure person. His performances recently certainly show a lack of confidence whereas when he was playing as a striker in his est spell for Rangers prior to his injury in March/April last year most on here were siging his praises.

I'm not going to sit there and shout: "Well done Laffer, four passes that haven't found a target - fucking brilliant big man!"

At the end of the day, we're football fans. Kyle Lafferty is an experienced international footballer who cost £3.8m, if he can't handle the pressure of playing for Rangers then he should clear off.

I actually find it worse when these 'supposed' Bluenoses are seemingly surprised by the expectation at Rangers - surely if anyone should know what to expect, it's them?

I really don't want to criticise our players and I'd love Lafferty to get it fucking round me, but I just can't see it. Even players like Broadfoot and Papac have shown a huge improvement from what they were when we signed them, while Lafferty (if anything) has went the other way.

My main gripe lies with Walter Smith on this one though, don't be fooled. I can't be arsed turning the thread into a big Walter Smith debate, but I really hope he's got big enough balls to drop his big money signing soon if he continues to play poorly. Maybe it's an ego thing, but there's no way Lafferty would be getting the game time he does if he didn't cost so much money.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We paid far too much for him.

That's not Lafferty's fault, but he's not helping himself with some of the shite he comes out with to the papers, combined with his abject performances.

Its not his fault that we paid that much for him. Whittaker for £2Million, Hutton for £9Million, values are stupid these days. He is a gers fan, he wants to do well for us but is suffering from a massive lack of confidence. If people think getting on his back at games or on websites is going to help him be the best player he can be then they are stupid.

I had the pleasure of talking top Mo Ross once on a night out and a more pleasant guy you couldn't meet. Spoke a lot of sense about the scapegoat culture of the fans at Ibrox. I can see the same thing happening here which is sad as I actually believe there is a player in there. Hopefully he can show that during Boyd's absence in the coming weeks in his correct position of course. If Walter throws Naismith on instead of him I swear my season ticket is getting binned.

One man's scapegoat culture is another man looking to improve.

We could have had a decent centre back and a decent winger for the price we've paid for Lafferty. I don't like his attitude, doesn't seem lacking in confidence when he's boasting about his bank balance or car choice in the paper.

Trust me exasperated sighs when guys like Whittakler and Lafferty misplace a pass or lose the ball doesn't help them. That's first year sports psychology. Both these guys need the fans to get off their back. We're meant to be supporters FFS. That means supporting the players, helping the team. I know you can argue that they earn enough money and should be big enough to take it. Yeah that's fine but if you want them to do the best they can for Rangers to make us a bettter team, to help us win the title then we need to get behind the guy. If people want to get on the players backs they might as well sit in the away end.

His comments and boasts o the press might hide the fact that really is a very insecure person. His performances recently certainly show a lack of confidence whereas when he was playing as a striker in his est spell for Rangers prior to his injury in March/April last year most on here were siging his praises.

Constructive criticism is a good thing, here is some, lafferty is a fraud he has no skill whatsoever, he couldn't tackle a fish supper, he can't head anything above grass level, and the club is paying this blowhard who has scored 31 goals in his professional career £20k plus per week for his ineptitude, you cannot defend the indefensible. :anguish:

There's flack and then there's a hate camaign. Some players seem to get away with underperforming whereas others get jumped on for anything. He's not helped himself by some of the stuff has done

The only thing that he has done that I would disagre with was the 'dive'. However, even with that, he's hardly the first or last cunt to do it.

I find it staggring that there 'sbeen more 'Rangers' fan condemnation of him than there has been of Dodds last week.

Exactly. What chance have we got when we treat our own this way. Dodds was a disgrace yet as usual there's been silence. I was at the Dundee United game everyone sittingaround me were right on Miller's case but I said at the time that Dodds is an animal and I'd want to see the replays before condemning him and as predicted they show this disgrace to be at it again.

There was a thread condemning Dods!

One? There's about two every day on here having a go at lafferty!

I'm not going to sit there and shout: "Well done Laffer, four passes that haven't found a target - fucking brilliant big man!"

You are not being asked to?!

If you honestly think that ripping into him will improve his game, you have flipped it.

Either yell at the telly or sit in the away end if you want to slag him.

If you honestly think that ripping into him will improve his game, you have flipped it.

I'll pay my money to go and do whatever I like (tu)

People say this like he's had one bad game in ten. He's been fucking diabolical all year and it's quite clear that he's only playing because he cost £4m.

For the good of the side, I want him dropped as soon as anyone who can replace him is fit.

£4m and he can't do the very basics of a footballer!

One point in the second half Thomson pinged a free-kick into his feet and all he had to do was hold the ball up, instead it bounced 6 yards of him and we lost the ball prompting me into a shout of, ''Fuck me!''

Classic answer.

You do what you want, then. You'll be wasting your time thinking I give a fuck.

Classic answer.

:lol:

Aww poor wee baby, clearly in a bad mood that someone's not happy with his fave player.

Grow up (tu)

Don't talk shit.

Well please explain to us all what Kyle Lafferty offers to us...

Now now, don't go criticising any of our players or Ruddie will cry.

They are above criticism, even when they let a two goal lead slip to Hamilton - don't you know that?!

I think the boy needs a break,his confidence is on a all time low but only he can deal with this.

Get yer head down son and do your talking on the training field and park and not in some shitty wee rhag of a paper!

Saying im not skint ive got a bentley and im test driving a porsche aint going to endear you to your fans,especially when we are trying desperately to tie down a proven scorer whilst watching the purse strings.

come on big man turn the corner.

"I've got a nice, big house. I've got two nice cars, including a Bentley, and I'm test-driving a Porsche.

"Tori and I have nice clothes and we eat in nice restaurants most nights.

"Only I know how much I'm earning at Rangers and I've got good people looking after me."

Well get your fucking finger out, and start performing. His head is up his arse!

I think the boy needs a break,his confidence is on a all time low but only he can deal with this.

Get yer head down son and do your talking on the training field and park and not in some shitty wee rhag of a paper!

Saying im not skint ive got a bentley and im test driving a porsche aint going to endear you to your fans,especially when we are trying desperately to tie down a proven scorer whilst watching the purse strings.

come on big man turn the corner.

What in the porsche or the bentley.....that we are and have paid for ? :anguish: x10

Classic answer.

Aww poor wee baby, clearly in a bad mood that someone's not happy with his fave player.

Grow up (tu)

Tell me do you have a favourite player or do you just enjoy all the negativity, when Rangers are going well you are quiet, you only come out when there is someone to get ripped into, in this case Lafferty.

Tell me do you have a favourite player or do you just enjoy all the negativity, when Rangers are going well you are quiet, you only come out when there is someone to get ripped into, in this case Lafferty.

Aye, I only post when Rangers are playing poor.

Next please.

I thought he was coming onto a game last season but since his injury in the 2-2 game vs Hearts he has been nothing short of woeful. Players need to be dropped when they are so low in form & confidence for the good of the team. I think he has had his chance and if he doesn't show some form by the end of the season then we should cut our losses and put him to anyone that is interested (if that is possible).

Don't talk shit.

They are above criticism, even when they let a two goal lead slip to Hamilton - don't you know that?!

And that was all down to Lafferty?

You don't half talk some shit.

As much has he irratates me I feel a bit for Lafferty, through his own stupidity he has become a villian and a scapegoat for the media and every time we play to hound. I hoped at the end of last season this would drive him to prove his critics wrong however he seems to be getting worse, although to be fair he got back and defended a few times today.

The criticism of Papa in this topic is baffling :lol:

Lafferty's incompetent.

He's a good player - ignoring the fact that he can't control the ball, he can't run with the ball, he can't pass, he can't link up, he can't head the ball, he can't shoot, he doesn't put in any effort, his fitness level is under par, he get's shorter when he jumps and he's fairly unintelligent when it comes to where he stands.

I really hope Lafferty can come onto a game.

He needs a confidence boost of some sort, and he needs to cut out the daftness and start playing for us like he does with Northern Ireland because he has decent games for them.

I thought he might of played a bit better today when Boyd went off and he went up front with Miller, but I was wrong.

Chin up, lad.

Don't talk shit.

And that was all down to Lafferty?

You don't half talk some shit.

lafferty couldn't fight sleep, never mind fight for the team, a complete and utter waste of £4 million, well scouted Walter. :anguish:

I know its the sun but you have to laff. http://news.google.co.uk/news/url?sa=t&amp...ne-of-them.html