Our next manager: It'll be Craig Levein not Ally

Have to be honest and say I'm not at all convinced Ally can be a successful manager of Rangers.

For me the thing that matters most in a manager is AUTHORITY - and for you to have that authority the players need an element of respect and fear in their dealing with the man in the hot seat. The authority comes from a few different things but most of all it comes from RESPECT and FEAR.

Been listening to the debates on why there's no successful English manager at work in the EPL at the moment and there's a number of reasons that won't happen but one things for sure the players down there KNOW that if they have a young English manager then they have a ready made excuse for not putting in the work - it's an easy get-out for lazy unscrupulous players! The media down there just don't have any fear on young English managers and because they get by on newsprint it's very easy for them to take the line of least resistence and blame the 'inexperienced' managers. I think young Scottish managers down there have a good start in the way of fear as our accents tend to engender that fear in the players - whether they can get the media onboard is partly down to that too...

Now, back to Ally... My take on our situation is that Walter may 'officially' go along with the idea of Ally taking over but I think he's already got the man for the job and that's Craig Levein. I think Walter publicly backing him for the National team was quite smart - he'll see if Craig has what it takes to handle the pressure (obviously there were question marks at Dundee Utd) and if he can and it's already clear he can man manage and get respect among the players, then it's a case of problem sorted!

As for Ally my advice (if he's determined to be a Rangers manager) would be for him to get away from Ibrox (after WS goes) and then stay out of the public spotlight for a few years and manage a lower league team and to start gaining the skills of man management. At the moment Ally just wants to please all the people all of the time - he has the potential to be a great manager but if that's to become a reality he needs to have a serious look at his personna!!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say this it won't be Craig Levein, cause we can't afford to pay the SFA the compensation needed to buy out his contract.

Unless we get bought over the reigns will get handed over to Ally McCoist.

If that turns out to be the case (and I suspect you're right) then they should turn to the Two Jimmies! Craig Levein will be in the job long before Ally makes his mark as a manager!

Billy Davies for me and i dont care who doesnt like him or disagrees with me.

He is the man!

you should wait and see what levein does with that shower of shite at Scotland before thinking about him for us.

mccoist - absolutely NOT, no chance.

What has Craig Levein done as a manager?

Made Dundee United the 5th force in Scotland, taken them to a league cup final....He's worse than Jimmy Calderwood!

Exactly, his players always freeze when they get near the big time, he's not got a winning mentality.

Billy Davies would be a fantastic manager for Rangers. (tu)

He was the man I wanted to replace Paul Le Guen. He's doing another great job at Forest so far, although there are other guy's I'd prefer, I wouldn't be dissappointed with Billy Davies.

I can say this it won't be Craig Levein, cause we can't afford to pay the SFA the compensation needed to buy out his contract.

If that turns out to be the case (and I suspect you're right) then they should turn to the Two Jimmies! Craig Levein will be in the job long before Ally makes his mark as a manager!

The two Jimmies, that's some fishing rod you have out :sherlock:

Craig Levein is vastly over-rated.

The fact that he talks a good game, coupled with a few victories over the years against Rangers and Celtic have seen him be a lot more highly quoted than he should be.

Im gonnae second the shouts for Davies...He's obviously not my number one choice but out of all the most realistic possibilities he certainly is.

Billy Davies would be a good appointment, but yet again unless we get bought over we wouldn't be able to afford the compensation needed to buy out his contract.

he would leave forest if he knew he had a chance of coming here, that wouldnt cost us anything except hs future contract!

;)

Billy Davies would be a good appointment, but yet again unless we get bought over we wouldn't be able to afford the compensation needed to buy out his contract.

he would leave forest if he knew he had a chance of coming here, that wouldnt cost us anything except hs future contract!

;)

That's all we would need Forest claiming we tapped him up, at the moment he's out of reach until we sort ourselves out financially.

;)

That's all we would need Forest claiming we tapped him up, at the moment he's out of reach until we sort ourselves out financially.

billys not daft, he knows the score

in any case, by the time Walter steps down, im fully expecting us to be out of this situation, we cant go on like this forever! Thats been what, 6 years weve been downsizing, just how much smaller does Murray want to make us? Its ridiculous.

The two Jimmies, that's some fishing rod you have out :sherlock:

No me honest - i never liked fishing too up front for that sort of thing... :D