Realistically when will we get a new management team?

Bobby83

I think smith and ally will be here next season TBH. If I'm honest I'd b quite happy with that, new owner or not. Smith deserves another season or 2. He has been pretty much our knight in shining armour after that wanker PLG and his nonsense

Tbh I am not looking forward 2 walter leaving because he is has done so much for us over his 2 spells in charge its gonna be a sad day for the fans and walter when he walks out of ibrox for the last time I think when this day happens the club should look 2 do somthing in memory of him and 2 thank him for everything he has done for us eg name a stand after him or somthing

new management team after the weekend

ive just heard from my mate that works at heathrow airport that donald trump has flew into the country ith 2 objectives

1) to laff at his old bint now on celeb big brother

2) to buy the glorious glasgow rangers in a 50million up front deal

trust me im in the know

and if something screws the deal up, i'll jump in with my euromillions winnings and buy the club instead, and then sell to dave king for a quid

sorted

i don't care what people say he is too negative etc etc but walter smith and ally mccoist are the only two men on this earth who can guide rangers through this rough patch you every season with walter being the manager we will challenge for title and 9 times out of 10 we will win it no matter what the circumstances are i will always be there at ibrox supporting my team

Hopefully not imo.

why not just out of interest?

We need to win the league this season more than ever, I get that. But he has absolutely no regard for the long term future of the club. He only thinks about his own record.

Hes wasted money on so far failures.

The fact that cup games against much lower opposition didn't see the introduction of youth players.

Dropping Wilson when he was playing well and above all needed game time when we were at risk of losing Boogie and Weir is on his last legs. Wilson needs as much game time as possible as more than likely he will have to step up as a full first team player next season.

He has absolutely no regard for how he leaves us when he goes - in the shit with a squad majorly made up of players lacking basic technical skills in favour of graft and defensive ability, guys on their last legs and a group of once youngsters that have barely played a game by their early twenties.

Hopefully not imo.

We need to win the league this season more than ever, I get that. But he has absolutely no regard for the long term future of the club. He only thinks about his own record.

The fact that cup games against much lower opposition didn't see the introduction of youth players.

Dropping Wilson when he was playing well and above all needed game time when we were at risk of losing Boogie and Weir is on his last legs. Wilson needs as much game time as possible as more than likely he will have to step up as a full first team player next season.

He has absolutely no regard for how he leaves us when he goes - in the shit with a squad majorly made up of players lacking basic technical skills in favour of graft and defensive ability, guys on their last legs and a group of once youngsters that have barely played a game by their early twenties.

That's quite a reduction of Walter, and totally conjecture on your part

I agree they should go with their heads held high in the summer, the longer Walter stays the worse it will be in future. If Walter is here next season ill bet he keeps Davie Weir again and like the guy above said he only cares about his own record with no regard to what he's leaving behind. Now is important but so is the future half our first 11 most weeks are over 30 so theyve no sell on value. If he stays next year we'll probably bring in more experienced players aged 30+ just to get the job done again and if he ends up here another year or two we'll be left in the shit When he leaves well need a full scale rebuilding job and have little money if any to get it done, will be like the McLeish years again with 5 bosmans every season, maybe 1/2 of them kept year on year for 3/4 years.

Hopefully not imo.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you basicly saying Walter doesn't care about rangers ?

Hopefully not imo.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you basicly saying Walter doesn't care about rangers ?

No I agree with him, Walter's the type of manager who cares more about himself than the club he's working for. He will buy old guys to get the job done just to have success then leave his club in the shite, he done it to us in 9iar, left all aging players and Advocaat had to sign a whole new squad. And he'll do it again only this time weve not got to bob to replace anyone, the sooner he goes the betetr for our future.

Walter Smith is a great manager, he is comparable to Sir Alex. Walter was assistant manager at Man Utd when Cristiano Ronaldo was brought to the club. You could say, he was part of making Man Utd play better football.

Walter Smith is a great manager, he is comparable to Sir Alex. Walter was assistant manager at Man Utd when Cristiano Ronaldo was brought to the club. You could say, he was part of making Man Utd play better football.

Smith has many positives but he is in no way comparable to Ferguson. Martin Ferguson scouted Ronaldo and Smith was only there for about four months I think.

It's all very well saying get rid of Smith but who would the new manager be. We can't afford to bring in anyone of a better quality without paying compensastion to another club which we will not do in our current financial situation

No I agree with him, Walter's the type of manager who cares more about himself than the club he's working for. He will buy old guys to get the job done just to have success then leave his club in the shite, he done it to us in 9iar, left all aging players and Advocaat had to sign a whole new squad. And he'll do it again only this time weve not got to bob to replace anyone, the sooner he goes the betetr for our future.

Exactly what I am saying.

We have a young squad so your point is rididulous.

The end of the 9 in a row team was a unique time and Advocatt could have kept players on but he decided to get rid of all of them.

Which cost us alot of money and already had much first team experience. Walter doesn't have this luxury anymore and for the future of the club needs to use the mroe than competence players coming out of MP - but he won't. He has stiffled Flecks progressed so bad its unbelievable.

Ness is 19 now. Loy is 21 albiet signed a young age from Killie). I could go on

Hopefully not imo.

I just find the criticism laughable. we are fecked financially and smith has taken us to European finals, made us league champions, won multiple domestic cups and has us 7 points clear in the league and still in all domestic competitions but it’s not enough as he doesn’t play youth players more in cup competitions (even though he did this at Dundee this season)…..

Weir is still a better player than Wilson at this stage and our strongest defence is boogie and Weir without a doubt.

What a selfish manager smith is restoring us to our rightful place after years of playing 2nd fiddle to sellck….the bastard

We have a young squad so your point is rididulous.

The end of the 9 in a row team was a unique time and Advocatt could have kept players on but he decided to get rid of all of them.

Which cost us alot of money and already had much first team experience. Walter doesn't have this luxury anymore and for the future of the club needs to use the mroe than competence players coming out of MP - but he won't. He has stiffled Flecks progressed so bad its unbelievable.

Ness is 19 now. Loy is 21 albiet signed a young age from Killie). I could go on

He will use them if they are better than what we have, the sad fact is few of them are....very few.

To answer the original question - "How long is a piece of string?" :rolleyes:

We're told the banker's aren't running the club yet the headlines in the rags the past few days scream "Bankers decide if Boyd gets contract offer!"

In light of all this speculation, what stock market rules would the club be breaking to tell the fans, "These headlines are a load of pish - the bank are NOT running things!"

The club's silence is deafening on this matter.

I'm afraid 'Oor Alistair' is an absentee landlord. :angry: