Most Underrated Players Of The Decade

While we're on the subject, who do you all think is the most underrated player of all time?

Michael Laudrup for me. Obviously we all love Brian but Michael was a different class to anyone most of the time. No idea why he's not remembered in the same way Platini is.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that Robert Pires never got the praise he should have. World class but was always overlooked for some reason, IMO.

Gary Neville.

And a big shout out to Michel Salgado. Pitty he is at Blackburn now :anguish:

He was a bad player in a good team, not even a good player in my books.

Until he got his move to Real Madrid the most under-rated player has to be Xabi Alonso, look at the state of Liverpool without him.

Le Tissier?

Ha, I dunno, I think Le Tissier has the recognition he merited by his career. Cult hero seems fitting for someone who scored goals of stupendous quality if, and only if, he could be bothered, and who never aspired to anything more than playing for Southampton.

A ridiculous talent but underrated only in the same way as the likes of Djalminha. Anyone who spent any amount of time watching him sure as hell rated him. One could hardly expect the rest of the world to bother.

Speaking of which, Djalminha :drool::praise:

With people mentioning Raul, I can't help but think how underrated Fernando Morientes was. Scored goals almost everywhere he went, and that season where he and Raul tore up La Liga was magical.

Le Tissier?

Ha, I dunno, I think Le Tissier has the recognition he merited by his career. Cult hero seems fitting for someone who scored goals of stupendous quality if, and only if, he could be bothered, and who never aspired to anything more than playing for Southampton.

A ridiculous talent but underrated only in the same way as the likes of Djalminha. Anyone who spent any amount of time watching him sure as hell rated him. One could hardly expect the rest of the world to bother.

Speaking of which, Djalminha :drool::praise:

:lol:

I remember Djalminha, he was fantastic.

When he and Diego Tristan linked up in their prime, it was amazing to watch.

With people mentioning Raul, I can't help but think how underrated Fernando Morientes was. Scored goals almost everywhere he went, and that season where he and Raul tore up La Liga was magical.

Great shout.

Morientes when he put Madrid out of the CL whilst on loan at Monaco :praise:

Nesta perhaps?

Nesta and Maldini are held in higher regard than anyone in Italy, Italians idolise great defenders..

Ask an Italian who was the best ever they'd probably say Baresi.

Frederic Kanoute, Mancini, Steve Finnan, Philippe Mexes, Danny Murphy, Luis Enrique, Ray Parlour, Jari Litmanen - never really given the chance at Barcelona and Liverpool, although injuries at Barca didn't help, Roy Makaay...

Frederic Kanoute, Mancini, Steve Finnan, Philippe Mexes, Danny Murphy, Luis Enrique, Ray Parlour, Jari Litmanen - never really given the chance at Barcelona and Liverpool, although injuries at Barca didn't help, Roy Makaay...

:drool: especially Luis Enrique

:drool: especially Luis Enrique

What a player!

What was the name of the boy that scored goals for fun at Bayern Munich?

Elber, I think?

Had a spell at Lyon me thinks.

AC Milan

Grasshopper

Stuttgart

Bayern München

Lyon

Borussia Mönchengladbach

Cruzeiro

380app (191goals) with 15 caps and 7 goals

thats his career stats