Greig Conducts Loving Cup Ceremony

Frankie

The directors of Rangers and guests took part in the traditional Loving Cup ceremony in the Blue Room ahead of last night's Cup tie with Hamilton.

The Loving Cup was presented to Rangers by Stoke City in 1937 after they played in a match to raise funds for victims of The Holdhitch Colliery disaster.

Only 30 Loving Cups were made to celebrate the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (the late Queen Mother).

The then Stoke City President, Sir Francis Joseph, requested that the vessel be used to drink to the health of the reigning monarch on the occasion of the first Rangers home match of each year.

Every year since The Loving Cup is taken out of the Ibrox Trophy Room on the first home game of the New Year and the directors and guests of both clubs toast The Queen.

John Greig conducted the ceremony and was first to toast Queen Elizabeth.

0,,5~8262591,00.jpg

The directors of Rangers and guests took part in the traditional Loving Cup ceremony in the Blue Room ahead of last night's Cup tie with Hamilton.

The Loving Cup was presented to Rangers by Stoke City in 1937 after they played in a match to raise funds for victims of The Holdhitch Colliery disaster.

Only 30 Loving Cups were made to celebrate the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (the late Queen Mother).

The then Stoke City President, Sir Francis Joseph, requested that the vessel be used to drink to the health of the reigning monarch on the occasion of the first Rangers home match of each year.

Every year since The Loving Cup is taken out of the Ibrox Trophy Room on the first home game of the New Year and the directors and guests of both clubs toast The Queen.

0,,5~8262591,00.jpg

The glorious establishment members :praise::praise::sherlock:

0,,5~8262591,00.jpg

The glorious establishment members :praise::praise::sherlock:

:praise::praise:

Guest therabbitt
Ritualistic ceremonies being conducted by individuals wearing uniforms, some with bizarre face paint.

The Establishment.

Sorry, that's just Martin Bain.

Ritualistic ceremonies being conducted by individuals wearing uniforms, some with bizarre face paint.

The Establishment.

Sorry, that's just Martin Bain.

like Tiki Warriors!

As an aside our Reserve team won 3-0 against Dunfermline this morning with Pedro Mendes making his return from injury.

Rory Loy got the first and Andrew Shinnie (pen) got the second; not sure about the third yet.

:)

Frankie, do you know who any of the trialists were?

Not many of them adhere to basic dress code fashion principles. Brown shoes with black trousers and navy blazer ??

My wife wouldn't let me out the door with that error. (td)

Anyway nice to see the wee tradition played out again..

Always wondered why Rangers staff do this. It doesn't look right. Is it a masonic thing? :D

So I wonder how the 'ritual' went in the days of say Bob Kelly or Desmond White. I assume there was no animosity.

Id like to be first taking a sip... regardless!

remember watching a video and they were talking about desmond white and when the directors of both clubs were singing the national anthem white was singing it the loudest

not bad for a mhanky bastard

So I wonder how the 'ritual' went in the days of say Bob Kelly or Desmond White. I assume there was no animosity.

Id like to be first taking a sip... regardless!

remember watching a video and they were talking about desmond white and when the directors of both clubs were singing the national anthem white was singing it the loudest

not bad for a mhanky bastard

I wonder if the unwashed are aware of that........

Tell you what....Id love to be a fly on the wall and watch when the bheggars are there!