Next Week

gsa

My thoughts on Sunday for what they are worth!

After two poor performances from us in the first two Old Firm games I really hope Walter changes the attitude of the team. Imo we should not revert back to our European style and sit deep allowing them to dominate possession. They are a poor team and very fragile in cm and at cb. They would find it really hard to deal with an aggressive, attacking start from us and imo if they went a goal behind they would crumble.

We are not playing Barcelona or Sevilla so let's not give them respect they don't deserve. We also have to be much, much sharper than we were at New Year.

I also noticed Tony Mowbray saying that after the first two old firm games celtic can look forward to playing Rangers again. It's just my opinion but I would like Walter and Ally to put a bit of pressure back on him and Celtic this week and then really go for their thoats on Sunday.

A final point and again it's just my opinion but I would like people at Rangers to stop cosying up to celtic. I know walter and ally are gentlemen and we must never drop to celtics level but I hate it when our management team constantly talks about "how hard it is for Rangers and celtic" and "the old firm". We have seen how mowbray, lawell and reid talk about rangers so let's not suck up to people who have sly digs at every opportunity.

When we win on sunday I don't want to hear walter and ally talking about how good celtic are and how difficult a job it is managing the "old firm".

The biggest thing for me is for Rangers just to concentrate on what we intend to do to them just in the same way we go about any game at Ibrox. We are the home team and must play with the confidence we normally would at home.

We have the best defence in the league, the most potent attack in the league and we are 7+ points clear. They recently scraped past a Dundee Utd team we beat 3-0 and 7-1 so for all of their hype and conceit we have nothing to fear.

The good thing about sunday we have a fully fit squad to play against them, the first two games we have been missing players through injuries,although not playing well against them we have taken 4 points, with a fully fit squad we should put in a better performance against them than the previous two games.

Walter is not on the same level as Reid n Liewell ie he has dignity and doesn't go for the snide remark routine as they do all the time

I also hope we can get as much width in the line up as possible and really attack their defence which is clearly their weak point.