Wayne Bridge makes himself unavailable for England

Jimbo.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought JT pumped his burd when Wayne was still going with her. I don't see how he could be THAT mad at him.

They had been split up for 3 months or something I think. Mother of his kid fair enough. But a scrap and that would be that? Surely?

I thought JT pumped his burd when Wayne was still going with her. I don't see how he could be THAT mad at him.

They had been split up for 3 months or something I think. Mother of his kid fair enough. But a scrap and that would be that? Surely?

Of course.

Manchester City defender Wayne Bridge has made himself unavailable for England selection, thereby ruling himself out this summer's World Cup.

In a statement released by his lawyers, Bridge, 29, said his position in the national squad had become "untenable and potentially divisive".

The left-back has been in the spotlight over allegations that his ex-girlfriend had a relationship with John Terry.

England coach Fabio Capello stripped Terry of the captaincy this month.

In Bridge's statement released on Thursday, he added: "I have thought long and hard about my position in the England football team in the light of the reporting and events over the last few weeks.

"It has always been an honour to play for England. However, after careful thought I believe my position in the squad is now untenable and potentially divisive.

"Sadly therefore I feel for the sake of the team and in order to avoid what will be inevitable distractions, I have decided not to put myself forward for selection.

"I have today informed the management of this decision. I wish the team all the very best in South Africa."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8536491.stm

If my "best mate" pumped the mother of my kid a matter of weeks (not 3 months, dont know where that "fact" comes from) after we'd split, I would not be able to play alongside him & take instructions from him. I'd kick his cunt in but some people are not so confrontational, also battering Terry & possibly injuring him would not exactly be the most popular move & may be, as Bridge says "devisive".

If my "best mate" pumped the mother of my kid a matter of weeks (not 3 months, dont know where that "fact" comes from) after we'd split, I would not be able to play alongside him & take instructions from him. I'd kick his cunt in but some people are not so confrontational, also battering Terry & possibly injuring him would not exactly be the most popular move & may be, as Bridge says "devisive".

TBH it makes Wayne Bridge look like a bit of a shitebag. He should confront Terry doesn't have to fight or anything, but just running aay from it wont help anything. It will always be playing on his mind, Wayne Bridge's I mean. Sort it like a man or be a child and run away from it. Easy choice for me.

I think he is doing it to take pressure away from the team and the situation, Terry should have been forced to withdraw IMO as what he done was wrong and he has got away with it scotch free so I think Bridge is quite correct but thats only my opinion?

doh

What a daft little girl.

JT's came out and handled this well I think. His performances haven't been their usual best (although I thought he was terrific after the first five minutes last night), but he's not hid from anything.

Wayne Bridge is a poof.

Is John Terry a bigger man than Wayne Bridge will ever be, after this at least?

No doubt JT fucked up majorly, but would you let that rob you of a chance to play at your last World Cup? Or would you just be up for sorting it out like a man?

I have absolutely no doubt that Terry would have faced him over the situation.

I think Wayne's decision is the best thing for England. If he were to make the World Cup squad the build-up to the tournament would be completely overshadowed by the media inevitable reporting on him and Terry. Without Bridge there it will be forgotten to a large extent and the football is what will be making the headlines in the build-up to the tournament.

It is a poor choice from his personal perspective but for the team and England as a whole, it is a decision which will benefit the squad.

I also think Baines and Warnock are better players anyway.

No big loss, Baines, and Warnock are better options IMO. Lescott can play out there (not too sure if he'll go to South Africa?).

Is Kieran Gibbs out for the rest of the season?

If only Danny Fox hadn't played that friendly for Scotland, he could have been going to the World Cup :lol:

No big loss, Baines, and Warnock are better options IMO. Lescott can play out there (not too sure if he'll go to South Africa?).

Is Kieran Gibbs out for the rest of the season?

If only Danny Fox hadn't played that friendly for Scotland, he could have been going to the World Cup :lol:

Gibbs is out all season. And I dont see why Gibbs and Bridge are ahead of Baines anyway?

Baines has had a excellent season.

Great player.