Billy McNeill MBE

I think we have to accept that a man with the career of Billy McNeill is entitled to have his views respected.

This is after all a man who won 9 consecutive League Championships as a player with his beloved Celtic, 7 Scottish Cups, 6 Scottish League Cups, the European Cup, and as a manager with Celtic several more Titles and Cups. A quite remarkable set of achievements given that every dubious refereeing decision went against them. Indeed during this illustrious period in their history in every Old Firm match played they were never once awarded a penalty or had a Rangers player sent off against them, let alone had a debatable decision go their way. Rangers were awarded every advantage going yet gallant Celtic managed to overcome these unfair decisions and still emerge victorious. Quite astonishing.

Let’s not also forget big Billy managed, as well as Celtic, ( correct me if I’ve missed any team ) Clyde, Aberdeen, Manchester City, Aston Villa, and Hibs. Clearly a man with a vast experience in the game. It is clear therefore that when Caesar speaks we must listen.

In light of his recent pronouncements Rangers, as a club with integrity, should take the lead in approaching the other clubs in the country prior to approaching the Scottish League with a view to having the last 50 league titles ( in years where they didn’t actually win it ) awarded retrospectively to Celtic. Clearly if it hadn’t been for bad refereeing decisions they would have won every one.

I think we have to accept that a man with the career of Billy McNeill is entitled to have his views respected.

This is after all a man who won 9 consecutive League Championships as a player with his beloved Celtic, 7 Scottish Cups, 6 Scottish League Cups, the European Cup, and as a manager with Celtic several more Titles and Cups. A quite remarkable set of achievements given that every dubious refereeing decision went against them. Indeed during this illustrious period in their history in every Old Firm match played they were never once awarded a penalty or had a Rangers player sent off against them, let alone had a debatable decision go their way. Rangers were awarded every advantage going yet gallant Celtic managed to overcome these unfair decisions and still emerge victorious. Quite astonishing.

Let’s not also forget big Billy managed, as well as Celtic, ( correct me if I’ve missed any team ) Clyde, Aberdeen, Manchester City, Aston Villa, and Hibs. Clearly a man with a vast experience in the game. It is clear therefore that when Caesar speaks we must listen.

In light of his recent pronouncements Rangers, as a club with integrity, should take the lead in approaching the other clubs in the country prior to approaching the Scottish League with a view to having the last 50 league titles ( in years where they didn’t actually win it ) awarded retrospectively to Celtic. Clearly if it hadn’t been for bad refereeing decisions they would have won every one.

We dont have to respect anything he says after his recent tirade , any respect that was there is now gone FACT .

:wink:

Aye he relegated man city and astin villa in the wan season and that wis before he had dementia ! :sherlock:

Beat me to it BLUE, has anyone else managed this achievement?

Paul Hart could do it this season but that's in unbelievable circumstances

Aye he relegated man city and astin villa in the wan season and that wis before he had dementia ! :sherlock:

Beat me to it BLUE, has anyone else managed this achievement?

Paul Hart might do it this year with portsmouth and crystal palace

What i would like to ask all the bitter tims is, where were all the mason refs, from the years 1963-64 up until souness arived.I think we only won 4 titles in about 23 or 24 years or our bad times in the 80s when we were finishing down the table. :)

Fuck off.

I give Ra Shellick credit for fuck all.

They are and deserve to be the speckle of shit on my shoe.

Correct mate as you should never give the scum any credit, people forget that the hate us.

Fuck off.

Correct mate as you should never give the scum any credit, people forget that the hate us.

:clap::wink:

Could somebody dig up how many fouls N'Guemo committed before being booked, and how many fouls Bougherra made after being booked.

Badger i think it was about 6 or 7 fouls he committed, yet Bougherra got booked for his first tackle.

Fuck off.

They despise the very air we breathe mate.

Fuck them, Fuck Ra Sellick and Fuck McBungle.

The bandy legged filth stays just along the road from my mother in law, I make a point of telling him what he is everytime I see him and now he crosses the road when he sees me or mall or whatever. My mate asks me why I have to speak to an old man who has never done anything to me personally in that manner. After this he can cross the road all he wants He'll just get it shouted at him. These filthy bastards don't desevre a place in society in this fine Protestant country.

Wee quote for McBungle from fellow pape Jim Duffy about how Ra Shellick and paranoia go hand in hand..

From todays Sun:

I once did hold that belief, but that's going back many years.

Way back to the time when I was on the books at Parkhead as one of their up-and-coming young players.

Having come through the ranks I heard it said time and time again that: 'Celtic never get anything'.

When it's said often enough you begin to believe it but it simply wasn't true.

Had I stayed at Celtic for my entire playing career I'd still hold that opinion now, I have no doubts about that.

Instead, I played for and I managed smaller clubs and, believe me, Celtic got their fair share of big decisions.

In fact, as a big club they got far more then they were entitled to.