Kevin Thomson

papaguy51

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm agreeing it was a poor tackle, but no way did he go in to 'seriously injure' the guy.

Do you agree he lost control and was seeking revenge?

Yup, he was clearly raging.

But it wasn't two footed, knee high or focussed on a planted leg.

He definitely wanted to clatter the boy though.

I fully expect the usual over-reaction here, but I'd ask people not to judge him or his season on that incident.

They are becoming fewer and farther between, and today was just a bit of frustration after a clear foul on him was missed by the ref.

Can't defend the tackle, but it was one-footed and low, far from the worst I've seen. Plus, it got the crowd and team going.

I still love the guy.

if mcculloch had done that you would be slating him thomson had no thought for the team with that tackle just personal vendetta

will he ever learn with these reckless tackles?

He was immense in the 07-08 sseaon, struggled to get to fitness 08-09 but this season he's been improving, obviously struggling with fitness due to his injury. No excuses about the red card today though, the tackle was awful and it was at the worst possible time because he had just lost out 10 seconds before diving in like a man possessed. Definate red card IMO

i agree it was done in fustration, but people cant praise him for his tackling when he is trying to get in to the other team e.g celtic, and then say he is bad at doing what hes doing for getting a red card. we were standing off them too much and thommo tryed to go in for the ball maybe alot more than he should have but he had to because the team werent doing it enough as a group.

i have no issue with gers players going in hard etc

but thomson gave the ref no option BUT a red card because he set out first and foremost to clatter the guy

mcmanus did the exact same thing to andrew driver in the league cup earlier this season, and was properly slated for losing the head etc

one time, thomson will lose the head and cost us

and if he misses the tynecastle game along with wilson, he will have already cost us

We were better with 10 men and got even better with 9!

If it had stayed with 11 men we probably wouldn't have won, we were dire with no cutting edge and as St.Midden were just sitting in it looked like we were never going to score.

Going down to 10 and then 9 men helped us as it put pressure on them to come forward and attack which left gaps at the back!

It was a stupid tackle but at the end of the day we won so couldn't really give a fuck. He also wasn't trying to 'seriously injure' the play, think he just wanted to clatter him and take the ball at the same time to send a message! Same sort of thing that he done with Keane but the only difference is that he mis-timed his tackle.

All I want to know is when the suspensions will come..?

Thommo went in for a hard challange from the side. It wasnt two footed and no studs were showing. Additionally he made an attempt to get the ball and was only fractions away from making contact with the ball. For me there was no way it should have been a red. Also for Wilsons red card, Weir was in the middle providing some cover so I cant believe Wilson was deemed to be the last man.

Every good side needs a CM with an aggresive streak, look at Roy Keane or Patrick Viera in their glory days. Thommo just needs to control himself a bit better and channel his agression without getting carried away.

He's 25 now and hopefully he can improve this aspect of his game over the next few, hopefully injury free, seasons.

I can't believe anyone could criticise the Thomson decision. Easily a red.

your a bawbag the closeline on thommo should have been delt with so go and fuck your self prick

we won get it right up ye! :ph34r:

Its time to grow up Kevin. You have to remember your playing for glasgow Rangers, and as much you were frustrated there is better ways to deal with it. Selfish to leave your team mates down to 10 men. Although the boys were brilliant after that

Im sure the red cards only follow on to league games in the scottish cup and not the co-op cup. Walter doesnt mention about both of them missing the game vs hearts or anything on the rangers website

Does his suspension carry on into the league? The tackle was a red card but the referee should have blown for the foul before it.

think so mate

So if Bougherra is still out, McCulloch at CB? Or Broadfoot :anguish: :anguish: We can cope without Kevin Thomson for a couple of games or however long he is suspended. I don't welcome it, I am just saying we have cover.

He was clearly fuming that he didn't get his own free kick and the red mist descended.

It was stupid in that it could have cost us dear but didn't.

Problem is, if you take away his aggresive streak you make him half the player.

Thomson recieved a straight red, and will miss the Dundee United game. Wilson will be available (will miss Co-Op Cup game next season). That's my take on it, maybe wrong, if so, then no doubt someone will correct me.