The RST's Takeover Plans

PaulRFC1

I'm not really getting a lot of answers here to be fair GCL.

It seems the two posters who unreservedly back this are pretty good at telling us what's been reported, but I'm not really hearing anything new.

FFS. I don't know about this Zimmy chap but i'm not Jim McColl's financial advisor. I'm trying to give an outline of how i'd see a plan working. GCL seems to want another David Murray - except we've been up for sale for 3yrs. And you want a rammy in a hall, and us to move to Germany if your detailed posts are to be believed. :-)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I'm not as hopeful as you.

No wonder , his back of the fag packet calculations about how easy this would be to work are ridiculous......

No problem GCL - i'll get my financial advisors and legal team to put together an 80 page brief on my detailed plans for this £50m enterprise that is Rangers FC. I'll make it really easy to understand and i'll send you a copy. For the moment please make do with my fag packet calculations given we are on a fans forum and im replying in real time.

thanks

Jim McColl

No need jim, you have already ruled yourself out of getting involved with this scheme...... :lol:

What leak question ?

How does it work at barca then, do you own the shares of the club or does the scheme. It was you who said buying into this buys you part of the club so if no detail exists why say that ?

Plenty of fans have put more than 100k collectively into the club for no return. The grersave people, funnily enough, got shares for what they put in.

I think you are at it-you asked away back who leaked the story to the press infered it came from the RST and I suggested it was more damaging than good and asked you to explain why you thought it was good.

I was suggesting the difference between joining the RST and taking up the option to invest in the club was totally and utterly different-there are no details of how the ownership deal will work that's been stated umpteen times now.

The herald has been fed stories by the RST since all this strated in October (they must have forgotten how much they disliked them when they employed spiers~) and now you think they would damage that replationship by printing this...ah well each to there own i suppose. ( although with Mccoll rubbishing it he doesn't seem very happy about being linked to them)

you are right joining an organisation whose sole purpose is supporters ownership and taking part in a supporters ownership scheme is like chalk and chees.....silly me.....

You do seem pretty silly actually.

However lets expand....who is the journalist between the RST and the Herald with the links? How does the formal leaking/feeding of stories work? Was it either of the journalists who broke the story? Indeed weren't they business journalists?

Do you not think the quotes from McColl tomorrow show why the RST weren't happy with the story and distanced themselves from individuals before the story broke?

You do seem silly to me.......... :D

It seems the two posters who unreservedly back this are pretty good at telling us what's been reported, but I'm not really hearing anything new.

FFS. I don't know about this Zimmy chap but i'm not Jim McColl's financial advisor. I'm trying to give an outline of how i'd see a plan working. GCL seems to want another David Murray - except we've been up for sale for 3yrs. And you want a rammy in a hall, and us to move to Germany if your detailed posts are to be believed. :-)

I seriously doubt there is another david murray. A majority shareholder with other medium to large investors would be the most realistic route IMO.......no sign of them yet but that doesn't mean we should be distracted by flim flam like this fan ownership scheme.

What leak question ?

How does it work at barca then, do you own the shares of the club or does the scheme. It was you who said buying into this buys you part of the club so if no detail exists why say that ?

Plenty of fans have put more than 100k collectively into the club for no return. The grersave people, funnily enough, got shares for what they put in.

I think you are at it-you asked away back who leaked the story to the press infered it came from the RST and I suggested it was more damaging than good and asked you to explain why you thought it was good.

I was suggesting the difference between joining the RST and taking up the option to invest in the club was totally and utterly different-there are no details of how the ownership deal will work that's been stated umpteen times now.

The herald has been fed stories by the RST since all this strated in October (they must have forgotten how much they disliked them when they employed spiers~) and now you think they would damage that replationship by printing this...ah well each to there own i suppose. ( although with Mccoll rubbishing it he doesn't seem very happy about being linked to them)

you are right joining an organisation whose sole purpose is supporters ownership and taking part in a supporters ownership scheme is like chalk and chees.....silly me.....

However lets expand....who is the journalist between the RST and the Herald with the links? How does the formal leaking/feeding of stories work? Was it either of the journalists who broke the story? Indeed weren't they business journalists?

Do you not think the quotes from McColl tomorrow show why the RST weren't happy with the story and distanced themselves from individuals before the story broke?

its funny how you seem to no alot about this and most of your post's are in this thread. Come out from behind the curtain Jim :BELM:

No wonder , his back of the fag packet calculations about how easy this would be to work are ridiculous......

And you didn't answer the question on finance on ownership and how Celtic with their greater money behind them managed to lose the last two titles....... :D

That wasn't the question you asked ........although it's an easy one to answer

His name is Walter Smith...... :D

No I did ask it...if you check back through the thread...you couldn't be paying attention though the format of this messageboard doesn't exactly make it easy.

You suggested that the money behind the ownership was crucial-I'm suggesting clubs need to live within their incomes and therefore it is part of the reason why Celtic backed by much more cash have floundered the last two seasons. If for example Strachan had invested in Jan last year it could easily have been the title for them.

You make points, you run away, I get it. :D

He seems to be very much in favour of the scheme although he wouldn't be the the man to underwrite it.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/mastermind-yes-paymaster-no-jim-mccoll-deals-blow-to-fans-hopes-of-successfully-taking-over-rangers-1.1017087

It doesn't change any of the above from me - fag packet calculations are the same. :21:

I seriously doubt there is another david murray. A majority shareholder with other medium to large investors would be the most realistic route IMO.......no sign of them yet but that doesn't mean we should be distracted by flim flam like this fan ownership scheme.

Oh well then we'll just wait and see................

So what happens if Jim Mccoll or whoever the backer is, buys the club and the fans cant stump up the cash the RST believed would be raised... are we left with someone who does not want to run a football club... again?

What leak question ?

The bold daryll is the journo who has mainly been having his belly tickled by the rst although others within ibrox have joined them on that front, if you want to know how journalists get "exclusives" ask papa, he's the expert in that field......

Just like florida billionaregate it seems someone has jumped the gun again........

I'm sure i do seem silly to you, yet you believe a supporters ownership scheme that you know no details of is a realistic proposition...stupid is as stupid does.....

[

its funny how you seem to no alot about this and most of your post's are in this thread. Come out from behind the curtain Jim :BELM:

Wow stimulating debate mate...you got a question ask it.

he's a follow follow poster out to spread the word, it's what happens when these subjects get brought up on here.......

So what happens if Jim Mccoll or whoever the backer is, buys the club and the fans cant stump up the cash the RST believed would be raised... are we left with someone who does not want to run a football club... again?

I would suspect if there is an underwriter to the deal then it works like the following.

The proposal would go to the fans for X amount-the underwriter would guarantee below a certain % to make the difference up. If the % wasn't met i.e the uptake wasn't enough the deal would collapse and the underwriter would walk away and the club would need someone else to buy.

I would suggest given the most interest we can garner is a London property developer who is barely a millionaire or a SA based businessmen whose assets have been frozen it is your large and medium sized investor angle that seems flim flam 3yrs down the line. Despite the fact that we're heading for 2 in a row and another bumper CL payout.

Perhaps it would do us no harm to open our eyes and ears to other propositions? It doesn't mean anyone has to indellibly sign up to any idea before seeing detail. However isn't it true that there is more detail to be had on the fans ownership scheme at the moment than Ellis's plans for the club. Yet is he your preferred option?

And you didn't answer the question on finance on ownership and how Celtic with their greater money behind them managed to lose the last two titles....... :D

That wasn't the question you asked ........although it's an easy one to answer

His name is Walter Smith...... :D

No I did ask it...if you check back through the thread...you couldn't be paying attention though the format of this messageboard doesn't exactly make it easy.

You suggested that the money behind the ownership was crucial-I'm suggesting clubs need to live within their incomes and therefore it is part of the reason why Celtic backed by much more cash have floundered the last two seasons. If for example Strachan had invested in Jan last year it could easily have been the title for them.

You make points, you run away, I get it. :D

Eh i did answer that......the mb format did confuse you seemingly......

[

he's a follow follow poster out to spread the word, it's what happens when these subjects get brought up on here.......

thought it would be something along those line GCL, Cheers mate

What leak question ?

The bold daryll is the journo who has mainly been having his belly tickled by the rst although others within ibrox have joined them on that front, if you want to know how journalists get "exclusives" ask papa, he's the expert in that field......

Just like florida billionaregate it seems someone has jumped the gun again........

I'm sure i do seem silly to you, yet you believe a supporters ownership scheme that you know no details of is a realistic proposition...stupid is as stupid does.....

But Daryl King didn't break the story and suggested tonight King was his preffered option in the reality stakes.

Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I would suspect if there is an underwriter to the deal then it works like the following.

The proposal would go to the fans for X amount-the underwriter would guarantee below a certain % to make the difference up. If the % wasn't met i.e the uptake wasn't enough the deal would collapse and the underwriter would walk away and the club would need someone else to buy.

Now now you don't know the detail of this scheme , no point in idle speculation.......

[

I thought I was a Rangers fan on a Rangers fans messageboard. I do post over there though I'm not particularly popular maybe you have more in common with FF than you thought........ :D

What leak question ?

But Daryl King didn't break the story and suggested tonight King was his preffered option in the reality stakes.

Yes the name beside the article not being Daryll's was the first hint he didn't write it, thanks for pointing that out though.

Sometimes having no knowledge is even more dangerous......

Now now you don't know the detail of this scheme , no point in idle speculation.......

Neither do you but you know it won't work.

:D

Yes the name beside the article not being Daryll's was the first hint he didn't write it, thanks for pointing that out though.

Face facts no one interested in the ownership model leaked this story and you were wrong..... :D

[

I thought I was a Rangers fan on a Rangers fans messageboard. I do post over there though I'm not particularly popular maybe you have more in common with FF than you thought........ :D

How can i have more in common with a football Mb than i thought, what is that meant to mean .....?

I'm surprised you're not popular...... :lol:

Flippin Eck - good question mate. These are the kinds of things that would need to be covered in a detailed fact finding exercise. We'd perhaps need to have a certain percentage of fans legally committed to buying shares in certain conditions are met.

Like a credit agreement that says if A, B and C happen then i owe X. Beyond my financial knowledge but this is why we need a debate. Maybe GCL could just steal his bike back from the big boy at the RST who nicked it and we could have an open debate and raise some interesting questions like yours that would need to be answered?

I couldn't give a she-it if the RST, Rangers Media, Follow Follow, the Church of Scotland or the Masonic Lodge propose the fans ownership scheme. I think it's an idea that needs to be explored further. Thats all. :21: :21:

Face facts no one interested in the ownership model leaked this story and you were wrong..... :D

and how would you be in the position to know any facts on this matter, you a poor outcast from follow follow...?