The RST's Takeover Plans

PaulRFC1

Got told Edgar was on the radio and the plans for payment was 20'000 fans pay 650 upfront and 15 a month for 5 year and that would get 30million

Also they would do a Barcelona style election where they voted for the chairman of the club

I think that payment structure is very reasonable and there's a good possibility this could work !

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of people supporting this on the radio tonight. Not sure if it will go threw but. I Agree with alot of people that it is a dream to be able to say i own my football club or have a big part in it.

The title of this thread is misleading. If this goes ahead there will be an ownership opportunity for Rangers fans-the Trust aspect is irrelevant.

As for where the money comes from after this-where does it come from now, where will it come from any new owner?

The football club has to be self supporting especially in the current climate.

The title of this thread is misleading. If this goes ahead there will be an ownership opportunity for Rangers fans-the Trust aspect is irrelevant.

As for where the money comes from after this-where does it come from now, where will it come from any new owner?

The football club has to be self supporting especially in the current climate.

I'll change it m8

didn't realise

Edit : Dont know how to m8 :lol:

Got the train home from edinburger after being out with the Mrs and bought a Times on the way back had a few shandys and reading this i had my card ready to payout!!!!! Was offering people who wants to buy shares in the champions, she is still not really talking to me...

OK so the RST are in talks the club about a possible takeover in which people like myself are going to cough up 1500quid.

However, as is often the way with people who think they are a little bit more important than some others, myself and my fellow fans/friends dont know ANY information about it.

And if by some freak of nature the deal is secured what will the reaction be when they return like conquering heroes all smiles asking for some cash and they are politely declined?

ah the good old mistrust will only need to recruit 19,000 mugs to join theyre jolly band

Could you be any more ignorant?

i could be but i know how they work being an ex member

so they dont need 19,000 more to add to theyre 1,000 members(im being kind)

i could be but i know how they work being an ex member

so they dont need 19,000 more to add to theyre 1,000 members(im being kind)

What makes you think that anyone taking up this scheme will have to join the Trust ?

I'm sure if there ever is going to be a supporters buyout initiative it will encompass a lot more than the Trust.

I've no idea where exactly things stand but if McColl is involved I'm sure he wont be allowing himself to be used as a pawn in some kind of RST power grabbing initiative.

I think because of divisions people are losing sight of the fact that the Trust are made up by Rangers Fans. You might not always agree with them sure, but does everything they do have to have an anterior motive in your opinion ?

When are they planing to recruit these supporters? There is nothing on the RST site and i have not had any info by email from them either

I'd imagine that will be a long way off yet.

OK so the RST are in talks the club about a possible takeover in which people like myself are going to cough up 1500quid.

However, as is often the way with people who think they are a little bit more important than some others, myself and my fellow fans/friends dont know ANY information about it.

And if by some freak of nature the deal is secured what will the reaction be when they return like conquering heroes all smiles asking for some cash and they are politely declined?

You clearly haven't paid attention, the RST aren't in talks with the club. There isn't any official information available they are having to respond to a press leak to a work in progress.

They clearly don't think they are more important than others they are merely trying to deliver on what they are set up to do-if at the end of the day Bears don't fancy the deal then it won't go ahead.

Is this the level of debate this board serves up on what is a very important subject for the support?

Had this idea for the RST to get involved all Bears of age and financial levels of commitment.

The Rangers Pledge

I solemnly promise to Follow and help my team Glasgow Rangers F.C. Through good times and poor, during trials and troubles, highs and lows, win, lose or draw. As a loyal supporter I also vow to undertake the commitment to give my financial support in the form of an monthly cash bond of my choosing from this date the taking of my Rangers pledge until I die. In return for my Pledge I would ask only that it is used for the benefit of Rangers Football Club and administered by our supporters representatives

RANGERS TILL I DIE

The bottom line is that an ownership proposition will supercede the importance of the RST by its very nature. It will be for the whole support to buy into, when the detail is delivered (if it is) it will be clear how the scheme works and how the administration of the club will work.

Imho a workable version will feature people at a level working directly for the club that are top professionals in their given fields-it won't be punters or RST members etc etc. It will be clear how voting would work and what factors would trigger a fan vote.

Getting ownership of the club is only the first hurdle. Whoever owns the club will need to have a viable strategy of how the club can progresss and sustain success in very trying circumstances.

Still we have supporters saying oh I don't trust this, I don't like that-we seem to be utterly focused on individuals appearing that are going to deliver us a golden dawn. Last time I checked the club had been up for sale for years. The Ellis deal may go through, he may be succesful (I hope he is if he is the man) but the ownership model may well be a viable model at some stage in the future-it shouldn't be dismissed.

You clearly haven't paid attention, the RST aren't in talks with the club. There isn't any official information available they are having to respond to a press leak to a work in progress.

They clearly don't think they are more important than others they are merely trying to deliver on what they are set up to do-if at the end of the day Bears don't fancy the deal then it won't go ahead.

Is this the level of debate this board serves up on what is a very important subject for the support?

I wonder where the "press leak" came from.......

I wonder where the "press leak" came from.......

Well that is the million dollar question-if you are suggesting the RST themselves then I would suggest it would need to be a board member intent in scuppering the possibility of this deal happening. That's not imposssible but it seems to me to be pretty unlikely and against others who have undoubtly worked very hard to progress matters.

The way I read the article it looked more like someone saw the documentation and thought the press might be interested.

Still if you think something why not say it rather than infer it.

to be honest the fan buy out plang with the RST would be the ebst option for the long term, but right now were looking at this for next season. I Will wait and bide my time and wait to and see who comes out and givs us quotes themselves.