Maurice Edu: I want Gers to sign Hamilton's James McArthur

Stu1993

how much do they want 1-2 million ? for that wee could try and loan out O'Hara from spurs since Harry has just brought in another CM, that brazilian Sandro

Reid said that Wigan were having him down for a few days this week and if they were to take their interest further, we'd be better throwing shite at the moon than taking part in a bidding war.

O'Hara, even more so than McArthur, will have interest outwith Ibrox (If we were to have a pop). He's played well down there and, last week, Redknapp said that he expected him back next season.

Like so many people have said, though, we need to sort out our priorities and the middle of the park isn't very high up the list.

how much do they want 1-2 million ? for that wee could try and loan out O'Hara from spurs since Harry has just brought in another CM, that brazilian Sandro

Reid said that Wigan were having him down for a few days this week and if they were to take their interest further, we'd be better throwing shite at the moon than taking part in a bidding war.

O'Hara, even more so than McArthur, will have interest outwith Ibrox (If we were to have a pop). He's played well down there and, last week, Redknapp said that he expected him back next season.

Like so many people have said, though, we need to sort out our priorities and the middle of the park isn't very high up the list.

:lol: :lol:

I would rather not waste money on someone like James McCarthur. A player who is not good enough, IMO, to hold down a first team place in an area where we have more than enough cover.

Davis, Edu and Thomson are all better players than McCarthur and would be ahead of him in the pecking order.

He's a great player but midfield is about the only position we have covered. We need wingers and probably a replacement for Boyd.

not to mention a right back r whatever whitticker is masking hiself as. keep him for mid cover e gd going forward

I don't rate McArthur that high comparing him to Davis and even Edu so i'd say no we don't need him.

Edu is very average IMO, people on here make him sound better because of that goal against them

Average :rolleyes: as Muff has said he was one of our best players last year and i think he is actually one of our most consistant player's in our team.

He's had one good game against Rangers.

I think we should sign him too, then we could play a midfield of:

Edu Thomson

Davis McArthur McCulloch

I don't rate McArthur that high comparing him to Davis and even Edu so i'd say no we don't need him.

Edu is very average IMO, people on here make him sound better because of that goal against them

Average :rolleyes: as Muff has said he was one of our best players last year and i think he is actually one of our most consistant player's in our team.

Wouldn't say he was one of our best players, but when he came in and replaced Barry Ferguson, he played exceptionally well, and was one of the reasons why we managed to put a run of wins together, which helped us to go on and win the league title.

I'd have no problem selling Kevin Thomson and replacing him with McArthur. We'd probably come out financially up on that deal and I think McArthur is a better player. I doubt we could compete with clubs like Wigan on salary though so it might require a large signing on fee to make it happen. The other two Hamilton players who left recently haven't exactly set the heather on fire down south so we might be able to get him next summer for less than just now!

He's a great player but midfield is about the only position we have covered. We need wingers and probably a replacement for Boyd.

not to mention a right back r whatever whitticker is masking hiself as. keep him for mid cover e gd going forward

Oh yeah, good point. I dare say we may need a replacement for Boughie as well but Walter has a nack for signing quality defenders.

He's not very average at all.

A key factor in our league success last year.

last year, this year he has been average at best

Watched this lad 7 times now at close quarters and still not convinced.

A Rangers man by all accounts but do we honestly need him? Do we need another midfielder?

I think the lads time has come at the wrong time to be in a Rangers side.

I'd have no problem selling Kevin Thomson and replacing him with McArthur. We'd probably come out financially up on that deal and I think McArthur is a better player. I doubt we could compete with clubs like Wigan on salary though so it might require a large signing on fee to make it happen. The other two Hamilton players who left recently haven't exactly set the heather on fire down south so we might be able to get him next summer for less than just now!

McCarthy has played every game since the turn of the year and is rumoured to have Arsenal on his trail as a direct result of his form.

McCarthy has played every game since the turn of the year and is rumoured to have Arsenal on his trail as a direct result of his form.

Is he now, I stand corrected. I thought he was struggling to get a starting place.

I'd have no problem selling Kevin

Thomson and replacing him with McArthur. We'd probably come out financially up on that deal and I think McArthur is a better player. I doubt we could compete with clubs like Wigan on salary though so it might require a large signing on fee to make it happen. The other two Hamilton players who left recently haven't exactly set the heather on fire down south so we might be able to get him next summer for less than just now!

Is he now, I stand corrected. I thought he was struggling to get a starting place.

He was mate. Koumas was keeping him out, but Martinez suddenly threw him in & tbh he's been pretty excellent since he came in.

McArthur had a good game against us but not as good as Neil and no one would suggest us signing him. We have to remember almost every midfielder plays well against us.Any time I have seen McArthur against other teams he looks very average and see no point in signing him.

Unless we are thinking about selling Thomson or Davis, then we should be looking at other options.

I'd definitely go with the swapping of Thompson for McArthur! imo Thomo hasn't lived up to the hype or produced to the level he was supposed to.

If McArthur is blue through and through as rumored... we would get a far better work rate outta him.