Best game you have ever been to?

TheChosenFew

Some time in the 70's,not sure of the exact date,we were 2-0 down to the scum at Ibrox at half time (I think it was Tommy Burns that scored both,him or Aitken),in the second half we came back to win 3-2 (Smith,Johnstone (2) I think our scorers were,it's all a bit hazy now after about 35 years )I remember McKean and Cooper kept swapping wings and totally terrorised them.Unfortunately there was a TV blackout at the time so I've never seen it since.

PS

Just searched the net,the game was on 10/9/77 :)

That was the same game that I reckon was my favourite as I recall THE ENEMY were 2-0 up at half time both goals by Edvaldsson, Derek Johnstone was at centre half that day and had a nightmare first half and was put up front for the second half John Greig came on as sub Rangers scored three goals to win 3-2 scorers were Smith with 2 and Johnstone getting the other one it was Smiths first season with us along with Coop and Bobby Russell HAPPY DAYS I'll need to look up the game just to make sure Greig was on the bench but I'm pretty sure he was, the other game I'd choose is Rangers beating THE ENEMY 2-1 at their own midden in 1980 Alex Miller scoring the winner near the end after we were getting beat 1-0. :uk:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CIS Cup Final 2010 was my first final, and even though it was a poor match it was fantastic how we won it and was pretty special for me.

I'd maybe go for my first Ibrox game when we beat Kilmarnock 5-1, Rod Wallace scored 2, and the other goals coming from Ronald de Boer, Lorenzo Amoruso and Tore Andre Flo. Probably best remembered for Bobby Williamson getting booed because he wouldn't bring on Ally McCoist for what would of been his last match at Ibrox as a player.

Some time in the 70's,not sure of the exact date,we were 2-0 down to the scum at Ibrox at half time (I think it was Tommy Burns that scored both,him or Aitken),in the second half we came back to win 3-2 (Smith,Johnstone (2) I think our scorers were,it's all a bit hazy now after about 35 years )I remember McKean and Cooper kept swapping wings and totally terrorised them.Unfortunately there was a TV blackout at the time so I've never seen it since.

PS

That was the same game that I reckon was my favourite as I recall THE ENEMY were 2-0 up at half time both goals by Edvaldsson, Derek Johnstone was at centre half that day and had a nightmare first half and was put up front for the second half John Greig came on as sub Rangers scored three goals to win 3-2 scorers were Smith with 2 and Johnstone getting the other one it was Smiths first season with us along with Coop and Bobby Russell HAPPY DAYS I'll need to look up the game just to make sure Greig was on the bench but I'm pretty sure he was, the other game I'd choose is Rangers beating THE ENEMY 2-1 at their own midden in 1980 Alex Miller scoring the winner near the end after we were getting beat 1-0. :uk:

Aye,I was at that game at Porkheid,it was indeed very enjoyable. :D

Well I was there as well and yes it was a brilliant feeling, but the thread's supposed to be about best game you have ever been to, not the happiest moment at the end of a game :rolleyes:

Curmudgeonly auld bassa. :pipe:

All of these

Gers V Septic 5 1 (wikins goal one)

Gers V Septic 2 2 (Roberts conducts)

Gers V Sheep 2 0 (last day champs)

Gers V Leeds 2 1

Gers V marseille 2 2

Septic v Rangers 0 3 (rangers huddle and tim shitstorm)

Monaco V Rangers 0 1 (champs league)

As a really great football match that had it all, I think I would probably plump for the 1987 League Cup Final - Rangers 3 Aberdeen 3.

That was a quality game. I got into Hampden a few minutes late and had the wrong score for the whole match. Thought wee Fleck had scored the winner. Took a few minutes for it to sink in what was happening when the extra time kicked off. That would've been a sore defeat to take after my premature celebrations. One of many great days on the old terracing.

On a more one-sided note, the 5-0 defeat of Sturm Graz seems to stick out as a great performance, although my memory is rather hazy for that season.

On a more one-sided note, the 5-0 defeat of Sturm Graz seems to stick out as a great performance, although my memory is rather hazy for that season.

I was thinking about that the other day, it was an awesome performance, particularly from RdB, great atmosphere as well.

Mind you I've only been/will be in Scotland for this season--but it would have to be the last OF where Edu scored the winner. Being in Club Deck for that one was unbelievable.

PS

Renditiond of "we chased you all over hampden" all game.

Bud Johnston bouncin the baw aff Provan just before Miller scored......Our first vicory at the Tattie dome in the Premier league.

my first time at that shit hole ..i was 11

August 1980