Rangers and celtc to make history with Boston friendly clash?

maxwellrfc

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've already had a bit of a chat about this one CR.....

Ya, but I am approaching it from a somewhat stranger angle.

NARSA itself, and I have read the president say, isn't keen on the idea.

Makes me wonder if Rangers are in touch with people over here about it. You wouldn't want the day one sided with respect to fans. We only filled about 1/10th of the place in Toronto.

I am not a big fan of this idea. Boston just seems like the absolute most one sided location ever.

If something like this was to be done, you'd think it would be in a place that would not involve having thousands of Bears travelling into such a 'Celtic' friendly atmosphere.

I really wouldn't expect the Boston police to be able to deal with this if it got ugly. NARSA emotions on it are mixed. Great to be able to travel to a game in North America, but the location of the proposed meeting is highly suspect.

I suppose. I would have preferred Toronto and played in the BMO Field with a 50-50 split, that way it stops 50,000 Americans pretending to be Irish for the day. :BELM:

I am not a big fan of this idea. Boston just seems like the absolute most one sided location ever.

If something like this was to be done, you'd think it would be in a place that would not involve having thousands of Bears travelling into such a 'Celtic' friendly atmosphere.

I really wouldn't expect the Boston police to be able to deal with this if it got ugly. NARSA emotions on it are mixed. Great to be able to travel to a game in North America, but the location of the proposed meeting is highly suspect.

I suppose. I would have preferred Toronto and played in the BMO Field with a 50-50 split, that way it stops 50,000 Americans pretending to be Irish for the day. :BELM:

Agreed, but what about the 50,000 Americans who don't just pretend to be Scottish...

Oh crap, they are playing this at Fenway Park.

Yeah, expect to pay out the ass for this one. And I hope they know enough to have segregated sections.

fenway_580x326.jpg

For the hockey game on 1/1:

full.jpg

That's atrocious. It might be fun, but they shouldn't be playing football at a baseball stadium--the site lines were bad enough for the Winter Classic. God, this is a disaster.

The Sox are willing to do just about anything to make money these days. I think pretty much every date this summer where baseball isn't being played they're having concerts or something else. But I just don't get why Gillette wouldn't be the venue, considering it has more than double the capacity.

I just googled fenway park it holds around 37-38,000, is a baseball stadium big enough for a pitch looks kinda small and square from that picture Chowda posted

Yes on all counts. It's an amazing stadium, but not for football.

A Horrible horrible idea, fair enough playing friendlies in the states and trying to get a bit of exposure, but i am dead set against playing them in a friendly. Hope to god this never goes through.

I thought the idea of playing at Gillette was bad, but this takes the cake. FFS, the idiots in charge of this scheme have no idea what they're getting themselves into.

I have to agree with you this time Fenway would be murder to have the game. At least Gillette is out of the town and the police are used to moving the traffic around that area and not everyone will go back into the city.

I thought the idea of playing at Gillette was bad, but this takes the cake. FFS, the idiots in charge of this scheme have no idea what they're getting themselves into.

I have to agree with you this time Fenway would be murder to have the game. At least Gillette is out of the town and the police are used to moving the traffic around that area and not everyone will go back into the city.

I just now phoned about the tickets, but was told there's no definite info on it now - the person I spoke to said to try back in a couple of weeks.

Has Boston heard of The Billy Boys Del? :uk:

Nah, seriously, I loathe the thought of this game going ahead.

Has Boston heard of The Billy Boys Del? uk.gif

Del sings it all the time down in Southie that's why he is always in trouble. :lol:

Del sings it all the time down in Southie that's why he is always in trouble.

Does he sing it with an Alex Harvey voice? :lol:

Del sings it all the time down in Southie that's why he is always in trouble. :lol:

OHHHHH. THAT'S why... :lol::lol::lol: