Do we get right into the group stages

macranger

Got told from a guy at work today that if Lyon were to win the champions league, we would have to qualify, as lyon would go in as holders, as they aren't going to qualify by their league position. Mind you he is a tim, so don't know if he's telling porkies.

:uk:

WATP

if who ever wins the CL doesnt qualify for europe automaticly threw there league place then we will have to play a qualifier, but if they are in a position were they finish in the top 2 we go straight in.

This thread and "where will we lift the title" is all I see these days.

FFS Only asking a question. Are you not allowed to ask for a bit of info on here anymore. A lot of us aren't on here all the time & it's a bit of a hassle to look through every old post.

WATP

if who ever wins the CL doesnt qualify for europe automaticly threw there league place then we will have to play a qualifier, but if they are in a position were they finish in the top 2 we go straight in.

(tu)

That is correct. but the way bayern played tonite I wud say they shud see Lyon off in the 2nd leg absolutely no problems, 1-0 completely flattered Lyon.

So to be clear as long as Lyon don't win the CL, we are good

This thread and "where will we lift the title" is all I see these days.

FFS Only asking a question. Are you not allowed to ask for a bit of info on here anymore. A lot of us aren't on here all the time & it's a bit of a hassle to look through every old post.

WATP

Lazy!

Lyon at home will be a hard tie for Bayern, but at least Lyon did not score an away goal. Will 1-0 be enough for Bayern? To me its a toss up still. Some players from both teams will miss the return due to red and yellow cards.

I would dread Lyon winning the CL because they shouldn't even have been in the semi at all.

Bordeaux were robbed blind by that fucking referee in the first leg because if that was a penalty then I've wasted about 55 years of my life playing and managing in football.

The only good news (if you could call it that) is if we have to qualify then we won't come up against the better teams, so I am told.

Anyway,I just can't see Lyon beating either Inter or Barcelona even if they knock out Bayern, so we should go straight in to the group stages IMO.

I would dread Lyon winning the CL because they shouldn't even have been in the semi at all.

Bordeaux were robbed blind by that fucking referee in the first leg because if that was a penalty then I've wasted about 55 years of my life playing and managing in football.

The only good news (if you could call it that) is if we have to qualify then we won't come up against the better teams, so I am told.

Anyway,I just can't see Lyon beating either Inter or Barcelona even if they knock out Bayern, so we should go straight in to the group stages IMO.

Me neither. I just got done watching the game, and Bayern were all over Lyon in the second half and could have scored a couple more goals.