Craig Gordon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood why so many people didn't rate him until this season.

Fair enough consistently he hadnt produced the level of performances he does for Scotland in the EPL, until this season but he wasn't particularly bad.

Likesay, though, for Scotland and for Hearts he was always outstanding. He's saved Scotland so many times at crucial points.

I think he's also dropped more than his faire share of absolute clangers for a keeper who wants to get to that elite level.

If he was French however, Wenger would have bought him years ago.

Wenger goes for VALUE for money , if he has two players one French and one English he will look at the following :

simply being English (see Walcott) = £10+m

similar talent but French = £ 2-3M ( see Diaby / Song (Cameroon)

i mean look at Smalling he has what 10 senior games if that before MU spent a reported £10M <cr>

Arsenal have plenty of Englishmen at the club and if they are good enough they will play . see Eastmond etc

So you're saying Wenger doesn't have a bias towards French or continental players?

Right.......

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Nowhere near as in , Nowhere near being fair, or nowhere near lived up to his potential?

Atletico Madrid also have Sergio Asenjo, another promising talent, although he has been dropped recently.

You can't put Akinfeev in the same bracket as Jasskalinen, Freidel and Given.

He's 24, he's still very young in goal keeping terms and is coming along just fine. We seem to forget he is club captain of CSKA Moscow, Many International caps with Russia and already has won a European trophy by the UEFA CUP, plus helping his team reach the last 8 of the champions league this year.

Lets just wait a see where he's at in 4 years time, that's why for me Craig Gordon who's hitting the 28 years old mark has to seriously think about making a move from Sunderland, if a big club comes calling.

Fair enough consistently he hadnt produced the level of performances he does for Scotland in the EPL, until this season but he wasn't particularly bad.

Likesay, though, for Scotland and for Hearts he was always outstanding. He's saved Scotland so many times at crucial points.

I think he's also dropped more than his faire share of absolute clangers for a keeper who wants to get to that elite level.

Wenger goes for VALUE for money , if he has two players one French and one English he will look at the following :

i mean look at Smalling he has what 10 senior games if that before MU spent a reported £10M <cr>

Arsenal have plenty of Englishmen at the club and if they are good enough they will play . see Eastmond etc

So you're saying Wenger doesn't have a bias towards French or continental players?

Right.......

come onto fuck Papa , VALUE FOR MONEY - you don't get that for English players even you KNOW that .

Igor Akinfeev is vastly overrated. Great shot stopper, and reflexes, that's about it.

His positioning, communication, handling... is poor, and he struggles with crossed balls. He's also prone to making ridiculous errors.

Igor Akinfeev is vastly overrated. Great shot stopper, and reflexes, that's about it.

His positioning, communication, handling... is poor, and he struggles with crossed balls. He's also prone to making ridiculous errors.

My opinion of him also when he first broke through i was adament he would be at MAn utd or Barca/Madrid etc but after a couple of seasons he didnt fulfil his potential but tbh it's reallyhard to judge a keeper as with wine they seem to get finer the older they get

Right.......

Some of Wengers best servents at Arsenal in his time at the club have been english players.

Right.......

Some of Wengers best servents at Arsenal in his time at the club have been english players.

Bar Campbell, they were all played who he inherited when he took over.

I'm struggling to think of many English players who Wenger actually went out & signed who have been among his best servants.

come onto fuck Papa , VALUE FOR MONEY - you don't get that for English players even you KNOW that .

And Wenger's got value for money from wages and/or transfers from Almunia, Fabianksi, Eduardo, Rosicky, Arshavin or Denilson?

I wouldn't say so.

And Wenger's got value for money from wages and/or transfers from Almunia, Fabianksi, Eduardo, Rosicky, Arshavin or Denilson?

I wouldn't say so.

Arshavin apart as he was a big signing .

Eduardo has been unlucky with injuries without breaking his leg he would have been fantastic value for money but lets ignore that fact also .

How many internationists such as Rosicky would you get for £8m that were English ? Carrick ? £18m <cr> again unlucky with injuries but he did have these at Dortmund but when we signed him MAn tud /Liverpool were all looking to sign him also.

Denilson ? yes £3m fucking pound name one midfielder in England with similar abilty for that money ? i'll not hold my breath , Huddlestone £10m ? :lol:

Goalkeepers is my pet hate with Wenger so i can't argue there but again hardly an abundance of top quality English keepers are there ..

:D

Wenger will sign Lloris from Lyon, but I'm not overly assured by him.

Yes hes a fantastic shot stopper on the big occasions, but against smaller clubs his concentration often lags. Also his unorthodox method of parrying means that very often the ball goes straight back to the attacking team.

Watch a highlight reel on him, what it won't show you is that a lot of his "wondersaves" resulted in goals for the opposition shortly after :sherlock:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

yeah lets just ignore all the youth players he has brought in and concentrate on how many 20 m plus englishmen he has signed <cr> fucking crazy

The vast majority of the youth players a foreign...

I wouldn't say so.

Eduardo has been unlucky with injuries without breaking his leg he would have been fantastic value for money but lets ignore that fact also .

How many internationists such as Rosicky would you get for £8m that were English ? Carrick ? £18m <cr> again unlucky with injuries but he did have these at Dortmund but when we signed him MAn tud /Liverpool were all looking to sign him also.

Denilson ? yes £3m fucking pound name one midfielder in England with similar abilty for that money ? i'll not hold my breath , Huddlestone £10m ? :lol:

Goalkeepers is my pet hate with Wenger so i can't argue there but again hardly an abundance of top quality English keepers are there ..

Eduardo wasn't even a regular before his leg break.

For Rosicky, see Tim Cahill and Pienaar. Together, they cost half of what Rosicky cost.

Similar ability to the incredibly poor Denilson? Craig Gardner at Birmingham, he cost less. Zoltan Gera was free, Barry Ferguson cost £1m.

I'm not saying English players are great value for money, but the teams that do actually WIN things seem to have an English spine. Wenger has just made a lot more fuck ups in the transfer market than people are willing to admit to.

yeah lets just ignore all the youth players he has brought in and concentrate on how many 20 m plus englishmen he has signed <cr> fucking crazy

The vast majority of the youth players a foreign...

last time i checked there were 16 youth players in the full squad of 54. the majority of the yoth squad is English (tu)

I wouldn't say so.

Eduardo wasn't even a regular before his leg break.

For Rosicky, see Tim Cahill and Pienaar. Together, they cost half of what Rosicky cost.

Similar ability to the incredibly poor Denilson? Craig Gardner at Birmingham, he cost less. Zoltan Gera was free, Barry Ferguson cost £1m.

I'm not saying English players are great value for money, but the teams that do actually WIN things seem to have an English spine. Wenger has just made a lot more fuck ups in the transfer market than people are willing to admit to.

Denilson was bought 3 years ago , Barry would not be going for £1m and with injuries issues etc and nearing the end of his career . not sure about gardiner was he playing regular football 3 years ago ? ( i don't know that one) Gera i don't actually rate myself but thats another matter :D

Agree with Cahill but again at the time of signing it was a choice between an AUSSIE :D playing for Millwall or an top class International being monitored by the top clubs , and Pienaar was signed by Dortmund as Rosicky's replacement but he never settled and was sold 1 year later to Everton at a knock down price (tu) in HINDSIGHT either of the two you mentioned would have been better value for money IMO but at the time you wouldnt complian about signing Rosicky and he did have a blinder in 2006 and 2008 for the czechs just always came back injured :lol:

Goalkeepers and defenders i'll give you Papa thats been my thing with Arsenal for a few years now , im glad that i read he is looking at Subotic and Adler , two players i would love at Arsenal but i feel Joe Hart would be the better option for goalkeeper , Never rated Galas so would want 2 CH to help Tommy out subo i would be happy with and the other i would personally go for is Shawcross but his pricetag will see thats unrealsitic IMO