Lennon looking for a "big name player" to win fans back.

NEIL LENNON has urged Dermot Desmond to bankroll a big-name signing to win back Celtic fans.

The Hoops caretaker manager has already earmarked Aruna Dindane and Damien Duff - as SunSport revealed yesterday.

And Lenny - who could land the job for keeps with back-to-back wins over Motherwell and Rangers - admitted: "We need signings to get the crowd interested.

"We need to get them to think 'Yes, that's the type of player we like and want to watch'.

"A couple of leaders, a couple of winners.

"I'm pragmatic, but I do like an entertainer. Someone with a bit of creativity.

"We're looking at all those areas.

"I wouldn't call it a marquee signing, but if you get three or four in and then someone who grabs the imagination, that's great. Robbie Keane captured the imagination.

"Whether it's a loan signing or a permanent signing I think the club are capable of doing it."

Fewer than 3,000 fans turned up for Wednesday's friendly with AZ Alkmaar.

Now Lennon wants to get peeved-off punters back in the stands.

He said: "The crowds haven't been great, but the only way to get fans back is to put a team on the park to perform well and on a consistent basis.

"It runs hand in glove. A successful first-team means the club runs smoother in all departments."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2955411/Ive-got-my-eye-on-a-big-un.html

Damien Duff, what's the chances? He's at a top half of the table club, going into the Europa League final, playing in one of the better leagues in the world and getting regular first team football?

Seems about right.

As for Dindane, he would cost them too much, he would probably flop here anyway.

Damien Duff, what's the chances? He's at a top half of the table club, going into the Europa League final, playing in one of the better leagues in the world and getting regular first team football?

Seems about right.

As for Dindane, he would cost them too much, he would probably flop here anyway.

they want jimmy bullard aswell.

Seems about right.

:(

I love Jimmy. Guy's a legend.

Seems about right.

:(

I love Jimmy. Guy's a legend.

I love him too, what a guy and hes funny as fuck man.

Seems about right.

Can't see them getting Bullard either, wages will be a major factor, pftt... Well, they could always settle for Sebo.