Football Writers P.O.T.Y

Ozblue

Just read that Davie Weir has won the Football writers player of the year.A great honour for the big man.:praise::clap:

Thoughts?

<br clear="all"> David Weir has become the oldest ever winner of the Scottish Football Writers Association Player of the Year award.

The Rangers captain, who will be 40 on Monday, picks up the prize on Sunday, after taking the Clydesdale Bank Premier League player of the year.

Superb. Played every minute. An example to young(er) players - make that all players!

I am indeed proud he is the Captain of our great club. "Almost" right up there with Caldow imho. Not quite... But if Big Davie came to us 10 years ago? He would be the Eric Caldow of 'modern' times.

what is exactly a football writer ?

Weir made more appearances for rangers than anyone else even he's 40, the captain deserves whatever is this "football writers" :happy:

People who write about football.

Football journalists.

Weir made more appearances for rangers than anyone else even he's 40, the captain deserves whatever is this "football writers" :happy:

Football journalists.

How do you get through these tough questions, big man? Is it tiring?

Football journalists.

I was on the verge of ripping the cunt out of the OP then realise they were Algerian and thought I'd better give a sensible answer.

Nice of you to show patience and understanding to our foreign friends Chambo, as for Davie Weir, excellent news and well done to the big man, another person associated with Rangers winning an award. :21:

I'm a pillar of the forum! :D

Football journalists.

I was on the verge of ripping the cunt out of the OP then realise they were Algerian and thought I'd better give a sensible answer.

hihi, I appreciate

fact is, this kind of rewards doesn't exist in our country, or lets say I never heard of.

so then, Wein is not only a great football player but an amazing writer as well

well done big guy (tu)

cunt o_O this is more like me :wink:

Football journalists.

hihi, I appreciate

fact is, this kind of rewards doesn't exist in our country, or lets say I never heard of.

well done big guy (tu)

I'm in fucking stitches over this one....Oh git me a doacter ffs.:lol:

Football journalists.

hihi, I appreciate

well done big guy (tu)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Football journalists.

hihi, I appreciate

well done big guy (tu)

Bit of a mix up. Davie Weir is not a writer. He received an award that was voted for by people that write about football in Scotland (tu)

Congrats to big Davie (tu)

well done big guy (tu)

me as well :lol: funniest thing i think iv ever read on here

Does anybody know what the full team is, or does it only get announced tomorrow?

I'm asking because I read on SkyText this morning that Jim O'Brien has been named in the PFA team of the year.

I guess it must be named tomorrow, 'DBBTB' because I've searched everywhere I know and can't find it.It will be interesting to see what the writers select.I saw the one Jack Ross of St.Mirren picked for his B.B.C. blog and I was stunned.....Just goes to show that because you play fitba' you actually know anything about it.<cr>

glad I made you laugh then ^^

god almighty,,,,,,you didn't only make him lagh,you've got me in stitches ILYES mate :D:D:D

well done weir,i thought he's passed it when i used to watch him a few years back playing with the toffies,but it looks like he's found a new gear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well deserved:the question is:HOW LONG CAN HE GO ON FOR?i reckon another 2 years at the most(unless he wants to be burried in the centre half of ibroax) (tu)

Football journalists.

hihi, I appreciate

well done big guy (tu)

Where the fuck does big Davie he find the time. Fucking brilliant