Charlie Adam

The guy's pants.

The Championship is a terrible standard of football. Hull, Wolves, Burnley... West Brom etc are terrible and have all been in the Premier League, nevermind the Championship. They're the best the Championship had to offer.

There's no way Adam could perform in a team that's expected to win every match with other teams raising their game and closing down more because they're playing the mighty Rangers.

The current Rangers side wouldnt be top 3 in that league - and a mid table SPL side like Motherwell would be relegation fodder from it

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always got a vibe that Charlie Adam was easily led, always wondered if part of the reason he didn't end up making it with us... Was because of other reason behind the scenes.

now now DB, just what are you implying :pipe:

le guen turned adam into a footballer, fuck knows what happened when he left

PLG didnt turn Adam into a footballer, he already was one, PLG just was able to utilise him properly

The guy's pants.

The Championship is a terrible standard of football. Hull, Wolves, Burnley... West Brom etc are terrible and have all been in the Premier League, nevermind the Championship. They're the best the Championship had to offer.

There's no way Adam could perform in a team that's expected to win every match with other teams raising their game and closing down more because they're playing the mighty Rangers.

The current Rangers side wouldnt be top 3 in that league - and a mid table SPL side like Motherwell would be relegation fodder from it

:lol:

Charlie Adam was not cutting it at Rangers and we were right to sell him.

The same could have been said about a few others at the time, Kev.

Why In your opinion was he not cutting it ? Is it because he was being asked to play wide left ?

I think we made a mistake selling him and that IMO have been proven by his success in the championship and the rave reviews he is getting from the English press, TV pundits and more importantly the Blackpool fans

Playing wide left is no excuse for looking fat and out of shape.

He looks no different now than he did then, yet here is is in the center of the park running the show week after week. Strange eh?

So did you just choose to ignore the fact that he was regularly visibly blowing out of his farter after 60 minutes in order to suit your agenda?

Ah, I disagree with you so I must have an agenda

He didnt seem to be blowing much during the PLG season did he?

And that great goal vs Stuttgart? How far into the game was that? If I remember, it was a a point in the game where he would be knackered according to your, erm, agenda. So how was he able to cut back inside the defender and curl a beauty into the far corner then run 40 yards in celebration?

The guy's pants.

:lol:

Seriously, this team we have right now? Every game would be a tricky game, even the teams at the bottom of that league could survive in the SPL. We struggle against Dundee Uts and Aberdeen, St Mirren too give us problems. How do you think then we would do against a side like Newcastle? I think we might be 3rd-5th

The thing that annoys me is that he played through the middle with le guen and im sure he scored 15+ that season.

Then Walter came in and played him out wide <cr>

Going on memory here but I'm sure Adam played on the left when PLG was here.

Charlie Adam was not cutting it at Rangers and we were right to sell him.

The same could have been said about a few others at the time, Kev.

Why In your opinion was he not cutting it ? Is it because he was being asked to play wide left ?

I think we made a mistake selling him and that IMO have been proven by his success in the championship and the rave reviews he is getting from the English press, TV pundits and more importantly the Blackpool fans

Playing wide left is no excuse for looking fat and out of shape.

He looks no different now than he did then, yet here is is in the center of the park running the show week after week. Strange eh?

So did you just choose to ignore the fact that he was regularly visibly blowing out of his farter after 60 minutes in order to suit your agenda?

Ah, I disagree with you so I must have an agenda

He didnt seem to be blowing much during the PLG season did he?

And that great goal vs Stuttgart? How far into the game was that? If I remember, it was a a point in the game where he would be knackered according to your, erm, agenda. So how was he able to cut back inside the defender and curl a beauty into the far corner then run 40 yards in celebration?

64 mins?

The guy's pants.

laugh.gif

Seriously, this team we have right now? Every game would be a tricky game, even the teams at the bottom of that league could survive in the SPL. We struggle against Dundee Uts and Aberdeen, St Mirren too give us problems. How do you think then we would do against a side like Newcastle? I think we might be 3rd-5th

Newcastle had an EPL squad. WBA have a big budget compared to most, if we were in that leauge we would have money to spend so dont go posting shite. How do you find Barca would adapt to life in leauge 2? What about osasuna sometimes there good others there shite. Dont even get me started on Padova in the russian 1st division

The thing that annoys me is that he played through the middle with le guen and im sure he scored 15+ that season.

Then Walter came in and played him out wide <cr>

Going on memory here but I'm sure Adam played on the left when PLG was here.

We played a 4-2-3-1 quite alot with PLG and Adam played behind the striker im sure.

The guy's pants.

hilarious stuff from the championship fanboy.....did you not claim i didn't know the difference between opinion and fact......

The guy's pants.

hilarious stuff from the championship fanboy.....did you not claim i didn't know the difference between opinion and fact......

Yup, I did, as clearly you did not. Same as how I am stating my opinion above.

Unfair to say how Rangers would do in the Championship because if we were in the English leagues then we would have far more money and be able to attract better players.

If you did take our current team and pop them in that league, IMO we would still have easily made the playoffs, not sure we'd be able compete with West Brom and Newcastle over a season tbh.

The guy's pants.

laugh.gif

Newcastle had an EPL squad. WBA have a big budget compared to most, if we were in that leauge we would have money to spend so dont go posting shite. How do you find Barca would adapt to life in leauge 2? What about osasuna sometimes there good others there shite. Dont even get me started on Padova in the russian 1st division

All you are doing there is justifying why we would not be able to compete with West Brom and Newcastle which would mean we would finish 3rd to 5th so you are agreeing with his predicition <cr>

Fair enough, if we were in that league we'd have more money, but thats not the question. If we an English team, we'd be at the top end of the EPL due to the size of the club.

If we got rid of Naismith, and he went onto excel at his next club, which there is every chance of, then we'd get similar threads about him too. Fact is sometimes it doesn't happen for players at certain clubs and a move is what they need. Not just Rangers, but every club.

Evident with the likes of Burke, Rae, McCormack, Adam, etc. All good players, but it wasn't happening for them at Rangers. Of them, I'd say only McCormack we didn't give ample chance too.

Burke, unlucky with injuries, when fit, one of the best and most creative players we had - sadly not the type of player to flourish under a Wattie Rangers

Naismith, Continually played out of position - plenty of ability though, and still hope he can contribute in his preferred position

Adam - continually played out of position - as he is showing this season and did also for us under PLG, a game changer from the center of the park

McCormack - never given a chance - the type of player who would flourish in the current team, bags of ability, great at set pieces

The guy's pants.

laugh.gif

All you are doing there is justifying why we would not be able to compete with West Brom and Newcastle which would mean we would finish 3rd to 5th so you are agreeing with his predicition <cr>

Fair enough, if we were in that league we'd have more money, but thats not the question. If we an English team, we'd be at the top end of the EPL due to the size of the club.

if we were in that league, we might have a little more money, not that much - but we would not be able to buy the top talents because of the league we would be playing in

Just a reminder that Charlie Adam will be back in action tonight on SPx2 @ 19:45 not much else on so I will watch the game to see how he is performing. I think he could have done a job if he had been given a decent run in the team. Look at Big Lee he was being slated at the start of the season now he is some kind of cult hero. ;)

Not sure if this is true, but a poster on FF said that there was a clause in his contract that means we would get around £500,000 if Blackpool reached the EPL.

saw this too, hope its true cus looks like they could make it.

Untrue, he wasn't fit and didn't look after himself properly.

Glad he is a nice guy and i'm glad he is now doing well but i won't pretend he was good enough for us at the time, he wasn't.

He was!,but there were too many blinkered people like yourself,who couldn't see the abundance of talent,that he had.(unfortunately) :(

Was Smith blinkered too?

As much as I love Walter,I'm pretty sure he got this one all wrong.Maybe the blinkered fans helped him make the poor decision

to let him go. :unsure: