Rangers sign 18 year old Andrew Mitchell

Boab

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping he's not only got some skill and can be of use, but also has the right attitude. Last thing we need is another bawheeded youngster (like how Fleck looks to have become) thinking hes bigger than the club, thus only being used to warm the bench!

just saw on the SSN ticker that we have signed a man city youngster called andrew mitchell. i check the sky sports website and found this:

Rangers, with one eye on the future, have signed promising midfielder Andrew Mitchell from Manchester City.

The SPL champions my still be sweating on several out-of-contract senior stars but have moved to bolster their ranks at academy level.

Mitchell is an 18-year-old midfielder tipped for a bright future after catching the eye in City's youth teams.

Having made the move to Ibrox he will join up with the Gers' U19 squad for the 2010/11 campaign.

He is, however, expected to be pushing for a first-team place in the not too distant future.

Mitchell will not officially meet up with his new team-mates at Rangers' Murray Park base until the end of May.

He is due to represent Northern Ireland in the European U19 Championships and will only head to Scotland once that campaign has come to a close.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_6160122,00.html

no idea how good the lad is, but i wish him the best of luck and hope he gets a chance.

just saw on the SSN ticker that we have signed a man city youngster called andrew mitchell. i check the sky sports website and found this:

Rangers, with one eye on the future, have signed promising midfielder Andrew Mitchell from Manchester City.

The SPL champions my still be sweating on several out-of-contract senior stars but have moved to bolster their ranks at academy level.

Mitchell is an 18-year-old midfielder tipped for a bright future after catching the eye in City's youth teams.

Having made the move to Ibrox he will join up with the Gers' U19 squad for the 2010/11 campaign.

He is, however, expected to be pushing for a first-team place in the not too distant future.

Mitchell will not officially meet up with his new team-mates at Rangers' Murray Park base until the end of May.

He is due to represent Northern Ireland in the European U19 Championships and will only head to Scotland once that campaign has come to a close.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_6160122,00.html

no idea how good the lad is, but i wish him the best of luck and hope he gets a chance.

You might want to look down a line or two on the main page!! ;)

• 1 year later...