Ellis deal done?

warden90

Any new owner is exciting but simple arithmetic aside, how can we be certain of their intentions and their ability to transfer ideas into success?

As suggested previously, likeliest scenario is the one to examine and it won't mean £10million transfer cash (unless we sell players) IMHO.

Not a huge amount will change in the club initially either so we can only hope the initial investment, reduction in debt and any property ventures all come together to improve revenue streams and improve the club over coming years to the stage where we don't need to continually sell our best players simply to buy.

Can Ellis deliver? Obviously not without the help of other investors - including, by the looks of it, Sir David Murray. But his say will be reduced and we get the change at the top we want.

The proof will be in the pudding.

Agree with most of that Frankie!

In relation to the debt being wiped at least now if we do sell players, hopefully the majority of it can be put back into the "war chest" now the debt doesnt have to be serviced.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with most of that Frankie!

In relation to the debt being wiped at least now if we do sell players, hopefully the majority of it can be put back into the "war chest" now the debt doesnt have to be serviced.

Agreed, but problem is said war-chest has to be an ongoing one - a pot for a rainy day, as well as the present requirements.

We have to be prudent in the same way we have been so in recent times. A new owner won't change that outlook substantially and I hope he doesn't.

You would also have to presume the club would lose any liability for any tax investigation that is being carried out because no new owner in there right mind would accept that as there responsibility.

Perhaps also an explanation in there for why this won't be a full buy-out.

You would also have to presume the club would lose any liability for any tax investigation that is being carried out because no new owner in there right mind would accept that as there responsibility.

Perhaps also an explanation in there for why this won't be a full buy-out.

This is a bit of a pain in the arse eh lads? All the guesswork, not knowing who or what to believe! I take it we are dismissing Mr English story? Considering 1) all other rags have us as being bought? 2) It would kill his sweethearts press conference today if true?

Hate to burst the bubble already guys but It wont be Friday. Its going to be done middle of next week. Or if i say 48 hours does that mean i got it right? Anyway more than likely to be next week. Talk of Friday is slightly premmature. The talks have went well and if all is true its going before the panel this weekend, however it will be "accepted" no matter whatboogie.png

as i said yesterday ellis is a front for money men from bahrain i also hear today that the deal could be done tomorrow not friday when they takeover they will give walter 10 million to spend plus any sales he brings in from players

as i said yesterday ellis is a front for money men from bahrain i also hear today that the deal could be done tomorrow not friday when they takeover they will give walter 10 million to spend plus any sales he brings in from players

only 10 million? did ye get that from the sun?

:lol:

10 million war-chest..

were not likely to tell the world how much we have to spend, are we? really? doh! :lol:

of course he is to get the fans on side.

indeed we already know we have 5 million to sspend right now.

who told ye that? the papers? :lol:

no one except walter, murray, johnstone, and bain know how much we can spend........doh!

the fans are onside, getting rid of Murray is enough to get me onside, i dont want to know how many millions Walters Allys going to get to spend!

Im pretty fuckin sick of this takeover bid by ellis every week or two the rhags are writing shite and there is nothing in stone. even if the guy did publicly come out ans say all he said i`d rather he would do it instead of just talking. time to put up or shut up ellis its went on for too long now.

My my flecky1, you do seem extremely worried about this takeover :sherlock:

you swallowing the transfer kitty too papa? :lol:doh!

i cant wait till murrays gone, this farce has just gone on far too long

i will believe it and get excited when the club disclose its details not when the rhags print their shite

hopefully friday i can open the bubbly, although i wont hold my breath

:sherlock:

Has Murray moved? Used to be based in south gyle not Charlotte square?

hes been in charlotte square since i can remember, i used to work round the corner from his office

the big blue murray plaque outside