Play for Rangers for £1K a week?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all very well saying you would play for Rangers for free or for £1000 a week, but you need to remember a pro football career isn't exactly long at the best of times and could be much shorter than normal, so I don't blame Boyd for going where he can get more money, its just unfortunate that the club isn't in a position just now to match those terms, as if they could I'm sure he would stay and play for the club he undoubtedly loves.

No I would not play for Rangers for 1k a week.

Walter must be on about 20k a week so why doesn`t he do it for 1k ? same with Ally and every other player.

If you are good enough to play for Rangers that means you are good enough to to play for loads of teams.

If I was offered 1k a week to play for Rangers or 30k a week to play for West ham I`d play for West Ham.

By paying you less Rangers would be undervaluing you .

would you be happy where ever you work if someone was getting twice as much as you at a different company

for doing the same job ? Nope I didn`t think so .

as a lifelong fan i would say id play for free.

but as it is also a job taking up almost all your time, id happily take 1-2k a week. that would give me a pretty dam good standard of living.

No I would not play for Rangers for 1k a week.

Walter must be on about 20k a week so why doesn`t he do it for 1k ? same with Ally and every other player.

If you are good enough to play for Rangers that means you are good enough to to play for loads of teams.

If I was offered 1k a week to play for Rangers or 30k a week to play for West ham I`d play for West Ham.

By paying you less Rangers would be undervaluing you .

would you be happy where ever you work if someone was getting twice as much as you at a different company

for doing the same job ? Nope I didn`t think so .

Exactly.

I certainly wouldn't knock back 18k a week to play for a mid table at best PL side with no European fitba........

I would if I was getting 30k a week and I`m sure he won`t miss the games he doesn`t get to play in anyway.

As long as I made enough money to keep me and my family id be happy with that just to pull on that famous blue jersey and run out the tunnel would be far greater than financial gain

true mate same hear

Well to be quite honest its easy to get on the high horse on here and say you'd play for the club for nothing and if he was a real fan he'd do the same.

Fact is though thats bullshit, money talks and footballers have a short career so he's quite entitled to look after himself and his family the best way he sees fit.

Not to mention the fact that the SPL is shit and I would question the ambition of any player who didnt want to test himself at a higher level.

Boyd has given us four years of service, if he feels its in his best interests to move on then good luck to him, I certainly dont bear any grudges towards him (unless he was to go to the filth!!)

Oh and just to point out as well the club didnt show much loyalty to him when they were trying to flog him to any taker they could not so long ago...

As long as I made enough money to keep me and my family id be happy with that just to pull on that famous blue jersey and run out the tunnel would be far greater than financial gain

your right.average working man £20 grand a year for a 50 year working life.these greedy bastards earn that in a year so the arguement about a career being a short one means f all. :mad:

1k a week? You're asking if I, an ex-student just out of university, would take a 52k a year to play for the team I love? Instead of earning a few quid an hour working behind a bar? Yeah, do you know what, I think I probably would. Not doing so would be the stupidest fucking thing I can think of.

This "football careers are short and they need to plan for the future" rubbish is daft. Provided you're not Gazza or someone, it's not hard to find a career after football, often still in football. There are more important things than money. I should imagine Kris will discover this shortly when he realises he won't see another winner's medal for a while.

Its all very well saying you would play for Rangers for free or for £1000 a week, but you need to remember a pro football career isn't exactly long at the best of times and could be much shorter than normal, so I don't blame Boyd for going where he can get more money, its just unfortunate that the club isn't in a position just now to match those terms, as if they could I'm sure he would stay and play for the club he undoubtedly loves.

aye but with boydy's half arsed attitude on the pitch, he could still have a career when he's 50 :P