Rangers Cult Heroes

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great topic I'd go for Cutty Young loved the goal he scored against THE ENEMY in 1975 I think it was, also Gregor Stevens must get a mention the guy who looked as if butter wouldn't melt but would put the boot into you in a minute big style, but my favourite has to be Willie Johnston what a winger wee Bud was and a real character, sitting on the ball against THE ENEMY in the 1970 League cup final, pure class, bouncing the ball off Davie Provan before taking the shy to Alex Miller who crashed a last minute volley into the net in a 2-1 win against THE ENEMY at their own midden in 1980 but the best was when he kicked a linesman up the arse while playing for West Brom just wish he'd have kept that one when he was at the brox "those were the days my friend I wish they'd never end" :21: fuck I forgot about Gabriel Amato I loved that guy one of my fav players during the Advocate era just wish he'd have been at the brox a bit longer, a fucking genius with a ball at his feet. :uk: .

Bobby Russell, fondly remembered by those who saw him play. He had a great touch and excellent vision. Not most people's first midfield pick in an all time great Rangers XI, but a class act all the same.

Agree 100%,was a class player from day one.Spoke to him a few years ago when he was coaching Rangers under 12s, really nice guy who wanted his team to play fast attacking football.

I'll have to go for Laudrup by far one of the best players I've ever seen play for the Gers :)

Hardly a cult hero.

Anyway mine would be Dale Gordon, Ian Ferguson, Bert 'Zico' Konterman purely for that goal gainst the beed rattlers and big Marvin Andrews. For a guy to play on through the season despite his knee being fucked deserves a mention