Andrew Ellis consortium...

no chance of it being done today

although i do hope someone is quoting me later saying i was wrong!

could be annonced right after raselik annouce jobby keanes coming back :lol:

:21:

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its never ending <cr>

Too young to remember when Murray took over but I bet there wasn't the long drawn out process we are witnessing today

If i recall correctly the ownership issue came totally out the blue and took a lot of people by surprise.

The way all Rangers business used to be done.

Really don't know what to think anymore. Its a shambles, one consortium set up in mysterious circumstances and the other playing games of tig with the South African authorities.

In the meantime Murray's nightmare continues :anguish:

Its never ending <cr>

Too young to remember when Murray took over but I bet there wasn't the long drawn out process we are witnessing today

If i recall correctly the ownership issue came totally out the blue and took a lot of people by surprise.

The way all Rangers business used to be done.

The way our business should be done (tu)

Couple of points on scanning through

1. If ellis borrows from a consortium to pay off the debt/ buy out Murray then he owes that debt not the club.

2. lots of points about no money to be made and not a rangers man, well it has to be one of the 2 or he'd not be here, I'd suggest the first.

3. He's only in it for the money? Ok so he makes a fortune out of this venture.... If so then it stands to reason that the club will do well out of such an arrangement so I don't see anything to fear there.

Sure we'd all like to know the exact plans but it seems pretty obvious he's not about to strip the club bare and fuck off, there would be nothing in it for him to do that unless he's a closet tim who's prepared to lose money just to destroy rangers, if you really believe something like that then frankly you belong in the other half of the city.

1. If ellis borrows from a consortium to pay off the debt/ buy out Murray then he owes that debt not the club.

2. lots of points about no money to be made and not a rangers man, well it has to be one of the 2 or he'd not be here, I'd suggest the first.

3. He's only in it for the money? Ok so he makes a fortune out of this venture.... If so then it stands to reason that the club will do well out of such an arrangement so I don't see anything to fear there.

Sure we'd all like to know the exact plans but it seems pretty obvious he's not about to strip the club bare and fuck off, there would be nothing in it for him to do that unless he's a closet tim who's prepared to lose money just to destroy rangers, if you really believe something like that then frankly you belong in the other half of the city.

Glazers were able to purchase Manchester United via loans and then saddled the club with the debt.

How that's legal I'll never know but its something we'd obviously not want happening to us.

1. See Jimenez answer above, if you borrow money you usually need to put something up against it in case you can't pay it back for some reason. If someone borrows money to buy the club then the most obvious asset with value to guarantee it is the club.

2. He's not a Rangers man, that's established beyond doubt. Because someone thinks money can be made does not make it so, many have tried to make money from football and failed, only a few have succeeded. He might be one of the latter. It might not be a money making exercise of course it might simply be an ego trip, the status owning a club such as ours brings.

3. We don't know what he's in it for, we're speculating. I'd like to meet your accountant because you seem to think everyone who aims to make money succeeds, he might make the exact opposite of a 'fortune out this venture'.

I don't think he's a Tim out to destroy us, however even the biggest bluenose in the world could inadvertently harm us if they had neither the ability, the experience nor the where-with-all to run us properly.

If this deal is successful, I don't think Ellis would be borrowing any money in all honesty seeing that he is heading a consortium of other interested parties, it's my view that these people will have the sufficient money between them (Ellis included) to buy Rangers.

I do believe that part of the reason behind all this is to get their hands on the possible property development opportunities and make money from that, but I don't believe anyone will sell the club short to achieve that.

1) The bottom line is he can't transfer debt onto rangers (like the glazers for example) as he is only buying a 57% stake in the club. We know nothing of his funding, we don't know if he is borrowing money or part of a consortium so why people are making presumptions I will let others decide.

2) His motivation will be financial but what is the problem with that ? As long as it's not to the determent of the club who cares. This dream of a Scottish protestant billionaire buying us and lavishing cash on the team ain't going to happen, live in the real world.

3) You seem to have made your mind up he is bad for the club, based on a few things you have scraped together on the internet. With that kind of savvy and attention to detail I doubt you even need an accountant.

Is there still a dry sheet left in your house , that's about three days of bed wetting now......

If this deal is successful, I don't think Ellis would be borrowing any money in all honesty seeing that he is heading a consortium of other interested parties, it's my view that these people will have the sufficient money between them (Ellis included) to buy Rangers.

I do believe that part of the reason behind all this is to get their hands on the possible property development opportunities and make money from that, but I don't believe anyone will sell the club short to achieve that.

Has that been confirmed? Someone representing him is on record saying he is acting alone.

If he buys the club for 33 million and puts a winning team on the park that is playing European football he would be able to make enough of a profit selling us on in a few years time. I think that is the motivation not property development.

We are in a similar state, in terms of low value for the club with a huge potential, that the tims were in when the bunnet took over and we all know how well he did out of it

1) The bottom line is he can't transfer debt onto rangers (like the glazers for example) as he is only buying a 57% stake in the club. We know nothing of his funding, we don't know if he is borrowing money or part of a consortium so why people are making presumptions I will let others decide.

2) His motivation will be financial but what is the problem with that ? As long as it's not to the determent of the club who cares. This dream of a Scottish protestant billionaire buying us and lavishing cash on the team ain't going to happen, live in the real world.

3) You seem to have made your mind up he is bad for the club, based on a few things you have scraped together on the internet. With that kind of savvy and attention to detail I doubt you even need an accountant.

Is there still a dry sheet left in your house , that's about three days of bed wetting now......

For a Rangers supporter you have an unusual way of speaking to other Rangers supporters.

For a Rangers supporter you have an unusual way of speaking to other Rangers supporters.

I must have missed that meeting…..

Has that been confirmed? Someone representing him is on record saying he is acting alone.

I thought some time after that was initially said (a few months after)it was then reported either from him or his lawyer he was now leading a consortium, in fact all the reports I've found since and read since indicate it's a consortium.

If he buys the club for 33 million and puts a winning team on the park that is playing European football he would be able to make enough of a profit selling us on in a few years time. I think that is the motivation not property development.

We are in a similar state, in terms of low value for the club with a huge potential, that the tims were in when the bunnet took over and we all know how well he did out of it

Time will tell on that one if it's the only motivation, but I personally believe the re-development options available for the surrounding area could also be a factor, remember there is already planning permission in place to re-develop the surrounding area.

With all due respect that has not worked for SDM :(

Back in the house and theres fuck all going on at Ibrox today. Bain and the rest of the execs arent in anyway unless they caught the bus. If theres anything happening today it has to be at Murray Towers in edinburger.

All his recent discussions have apparently taken place in Edinburgh! Not saying anything is happening though, or for that matter any other meetings have to take place, by law, what should happen now is an official offer should be made for a controlling stake in the club, don't actually require a meeting for that.

What I'm not sure about, is how long an interested party has to make an official offer though if they are going to make on after they inform the stock exchange of their intentions as what happened on Wednesday.