Rangers want Obertan on loan

warden90

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabriel Obertan is far from a great player. He's mostly unproductive and has a tendency to be lazy at times. Look what happened to the last up and coming winger we got from Man Utd. Lee fcukin Martin hmmm

It really annoyed me bigtime that Lee Martin was getting hyped up and thrown into our starting 11 just cos he played at Man U - especially at the expence of one of our own youth players getting a chance of first team action (td)

Rangers would be better off concentrating on giving our own youth a chance or bringing players to the club that want to play for Rangers and are prepared to give their all for the cause not players that are simply looking for match practice ffs. :angry:

We are too good and too big for that kind of nonsense

apparently the deal will be done in 48hrs :pipe:

ur patter is becoming very boring!!!

Lighten up a think it wis funny ! :D:D Some people oan here actually think they are journos. And then again there are some oan here who are actually jhournos ! :sherlock:

apparently the deal will be done in 48hrs :pipe:

ur patter is becoming very boring!!!

Lighten up a think it wis funny ! :D:D Some people oan here actually think they are journos. And then again there are some oan here who are actually jhournos ! :sherlock:

no no BD the hardon is right

we now must put a lot of thought into our replies and make sure they are 3000 words or more in every reply

:pipe:

This the The Mail's take on it...........

Rangers are interested in taking Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan on loan. The Frenchman, 21, has made a limited impact since arriving in a surprise deal from Bordeaux and Sir Alex Ferguson is keen for him to pick up more experience. Rangers, however, would need United to subsidise the deal.

And that's it, nothing more nothing less. Packed full of information that paper is.

Some people need to get with the times. The reality now is that this is a type of market Rangers must explore and just cause the boy hasnt made a huge impact at Man United yet doesnt mean he is a bad player. The EPL is a million times better than the SPL and is hard for anyone to stand out apart from the very cream of the crop. Plus we dont seem to have any youngsters of note in that position that have the potential to be better than Obertan in that position.

Watch Obertan a few times and he wasn't really that good when on the pitch. Will he do it in the SPL possibly, but I doubt we would manage to get him on loan. Man Yoo would want wages paid and hes prob n £50k a week or something - not worth it either.

Watch Obertan a few times and he wasn't really that good when on the pitch. Will he do it in the SPL possibly, but I doubt we would manage to get him on loan. Man Yoo would want wages paid and hes prob n £50k a week or something - not worth it either.

he will not be on anything like 50k a week :lol:

(tu)

welcome aboard btw :wink:

(tu)

thx for the welcome and I just threw that number in - but he is probably earning more than our highest earners though

(tu)

thx for the welcome and I just threw that number in - but he is probably earning more than our highest earners though

i doubt very much hes on more than davis and the like

not all players in england are on huge salaries, thats a myth the mhedia in scotland love to spin to put Rangers fans off looking at the premiership for players. :wink:

obertan has done nothing in the game, he was bought as a youngster for manu reserves to develop for a year or 2, i dont even think he was a regular for bordeaux

i dont think wages would be an issue with him, just sounds like his attitude and his lack of ability would be a problem, most of the posters seem to think hes pish

(tu)

My friend who goes to OT rates him really highly and says he always looks class when he has played. Very fast strong, good dribbler - basically a tradtional direct winger.

Would destroy the SPL IMO.

Dunno what the chances are, we can only hope.

It's a loan signing.

Well done....

Don't see the point in loan signings at all, i'd prefer to buy players and build for the future.

Totally agree. How people can get excited about bringing on another club's youth is beyond me.

It's a loan signing.

Well done....

Don't see the point in loan signings at all, i'd prefer to buy players and build for the future.

Totally agree. How people can get excited about bringing on another club's youth is beyond me.

Because this particular youth player is better than all of our youths and most of our first team