Australia vs Germany

Feel a bit of a smug bastard seeing as i've been preaching all week how good the German's are :sherlock:

I do think this world cup will be too early for them, their my bet to make the final but end up runners-up. I honestly think this squad could be one of the great national teams. World cup winners in 2014 for definate :pipe:

You might be right but you gotta remember that it was AUSTRALIA, an old bad AUSTRALIA that they played mate.

The signs are all right for them though, they played good football the way Germans are brilliant at. Patient smooth passing football

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a treat tae get Mr. McCoist, M.B.E., as an announcer for this match (in the U.S., anyway). Belter!

How did he get on?

Acquitted himself well, but I was certainly surprised to see that he was sharing the duties at the mic. Too bad the match was such a one-sided affair, though.

Cheers, tbf to Ally, I ask that and that was his job before coming to rescue the Rangers.

Ally was a right laugh as a pundit during the France 98 (tu)

Craig Brown's still a cunt for not taking him though.

Ally was a right laugh as a pundit during the France 98 (tu)

Craig Brown's still a cunt for not taking him though.

Damn right, even to come off the bench!

Credit to Ze Germans who played very well, and Ozil was outstanding. But as an Australian...THAT WAS F*CKING DISGUSTING!

No idea what the manager was thinking with Cahill alone upfront. The World Cup only comes around every 4 years you miserable dutch c*nt.

Credit to Ze Germans who played very well, and Ozil was outstanding. But as an Australian...THAT WAS F*CKING DISGUSTING!

No idea what the manager was thinking with Cahill alone upfront. The World Cup only comes around every 4 years you miserable dutch c*nt.

Yeah m8, that was a huge letdown. Didn't think your lads would win it, but I had hoped for a lot better showing than that.

Glad I didn't get up early to watch that match. That was embarrassing for Australian football. They did well in the last World Cup but you have to bear in mind most of the players were at their peak then. Now Neill and Moore are slow, Kewell is constantly injured. Wilkshire, Grella, Culina and Emerton are 4 more that are past it really. They're solid against most teams but Germany showed them up for what they really are. Cahill is the only player that is of true world class quality and he's going to be missing the next game.

Even if they do go on to beat Ghana and Serbia (fat chance) and qualify for the next round I honestly hope all the players I mentioned retire from international football. I'd prefer to see Verbeek blooding some young talent in the Asian Cup next year and giving them some experience of a big tournament before the qualifiers for the next World Cup.

Yeah m8, that was a huge letdown. Didn't think your lads would win it, but I had hoped for a lot better showing than that.

I've been saying since the groups were drawn we'd struggle to even get a point with the squad we have but to get thumped like that was just brutal.

Glad I didn't get up early to watch that match. That was embarrassing for Australian football. They did well in the last World Cup but you have to bear in mind most of the players were at their peak then. Now Neill and Moore are slow, Kewell is constantly injured. Wilkshire, Grella, Culina and Emerton are 4 more that are past it really. They're solid against most teams but Germany showed them up for what they really are. Cahill is the only player that is of true world class quality and he's going to be missing the next game.

Even if they do go on to beat Ghana and Serbia (fat chance) and qualify for the next round I honestly hope all the players I mentioned retire from international football. I'd prefer to see Verbeek blooding some young talent in the Asian Cup next year and giving them some experience of a big tournament before the qualifiers for the next World Cup.

Agree with all of the above. If we fail to beat Ghana we can blood players in the Serbia game, I think we need our strongest possible line up against Ghana. That said our strongest line up is old, slow and sh*te.

It looks as though our young talent is a bit thin on the ground atm but that said, Cahill came from nowhere and became our most critical player, so who knows who will be in the team in 4 years.

Need to keep Cahill, Emo and Neill in for the Asian cup so the new breed have some experience to rely on and learn from.

Edit: Wilkshire had a bad game, but he's a solid player. Should be in the team going forward.

Don't blame the guys on the park mate!...The guy to blame is Verbeek wholly and solely.I don't like slagging other coaches but I said from day one when he took over that we would get found out big time due to his inability or stubborness to have a back up plan when his system and tactics are not worth a pinch of shit.

Thank fuck he is pissing off after this world cup because that team selection he put out against Germany was a fucking total farce and a slap in the face to supporters.I watched the other two games, went to bed for 2 hrs sleep and got up to watch that crap???? I need my fucking head seen to.doh

The man hasn't a clue...pure and simple.All players were fit to play, so he leaves Kewell, Bresciano and Kennedy out...Garcia as a striker:anguish:

...Plays Valeri... brings on that useless cunt Holman...Ahhh Fuck it! I never want to see that cunt anywhere near Australia ever again.:craphead:

BTW... German deserved the win easily...good for them.:clap: and while I'm on the rant, that was NEVER a red card for Cahill in a month of sundays:angry:

Don't blame the guys on the park mate!...The guy to blame is Verbeek wholly and solely.I don't like slagging other coaches but I said from day one when he took over that we would get found out big time due to his inability or stubborness to have a back up plan when his system and tactics are not worth a pinch of shit.

Thank fuck he is pissing off after this world cup because that team selection he put out against Germany was a fucking total farce and a slap in the face to supporters.I watched the other two games, went to bed for 2 hrs sleep and got up to watch that crap???? I need my fucking head seen to.doh

The man hasn't a clue...pure and simple.All players were fit to play, so he leaves Kewell, Bresciano and Kennedy out...Garcia as a striker:anguish:

...Plays Valeri... brings on that useless cunt Holman...Ahhh Fuck it! I never want to see that cunt anywhere near Australia ever again.:craphead:

BTW... German deserved the win easily...good for them.:clap:

Yeah was a shame we missed out on Advocaat. I'd take anyone over Verbeek though. Kennedy should have been a starter. Cahill and Garcia ( who before tonight I honestly don't think I've seen) had no hope against Mertesacker. Kennedy still isn't as tall as that guy but at least he's a bit closer.

I've got to stand up for Holman a bit and say he did ok when he came on. Certainly not the worst of the players on the park. Rukavystya was a bit of a deer in headlights.

If we lose to Ghana, Verbeek should just play the young guys. I don't care about getting a result against Serbia for our dignity, that was lost against Germany. I'd rather see some young talent get some experience before the Asian Cup next year.

I'd rather Tommy Oar got a spot ahead of Kewell if he's just going to languish on the bench.