The Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour 2010. Autumn Dates.

AMMS

I did this tour today and it was hugely enjoyable, well worth the money. The guys (and girl) running it were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly; everything you'd hope they'd be. If the purpose of the tour is to help instil an understanding of the origins of our club then they succeed. Near the beginning of the trip they remind you of the ages of our founders; as they say is there a better story then ours in world football?

Well done guys, and best of luck with the future trips.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further to the incredible response from Rangers supporters world-wide to the Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour which has been running this year, we're delighted to now announce dates for the Autumn.

We will run Tours on the following days:

Sunday 15th Augaust

Sunday 19th September

and

Sunday 17th October.

We currently have a reserve list in operation for Sunday 18th July and may yet squeeze in anothet Tour before the start of the season.

If you'd like to book on any of these dates please email Iain at thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com and i'll take it from there.

Come along and join us and help spread the Greatest Story Never Told.............until now.

9pyfwx.jpg

Delighted that you enjoyed your day.

Our story continues to spread far and wide.

im looking forward to the july one as im booked on it and hopefully we get a good day

We will be encouraging our club members to go on the trail, especially thE younger ones - it is essential to understand the history of the club & this sounds the ideal opportunity to do just that

WATP

im looking forward to the july one as im booked on it and hopefully we get a good day

We will be encouraging our club members to go on the trail, especially thE younger ones - it is essential to understand the history of the club & this sounds the ideal opportunity to do just that

WATP

thats why im going Graeme as im one of the younger ones off our bus :P

WATP

thats why im going Graeme as im one of the younger ones off our bus :P

Aye but you somehow manage to look older than SD specky! :P:mutley:

I did this tour today and it was hugely enjoyable, well worth the money. The guys (and girl) running it were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly; everything you'd hope they'd be. If the purpose of the tour is to help instil an understanding of the origins of our club then they succeed. Near the beginning of the trip they remind you of the ages of our founders; as they say is there a better story then ours in world football?

Well done guys, and best of luck with the future trips.

You even got a wee bit of cricket thrown in as well, HOWZAT !! :D

I find this extremely odd.

I've been on various websites over the years and i've yet to find one thread having a go at the guys outside Ibrox or any other football ground who sell T-shirts, Scarves, Hats, Fanzines, Badges etc etc .

I've had Founders Polo Shirts and Tshirts made, because punters asked for them, i make a tiny wee bit of profit on them which goes straight back into the research behind the project,but my project is being targetted on here.

Why is that ?

Is it really down to this supposed inter-website squabble that i have scant knowledge of and have had no part of ?

Why don't you try being positive ( i know that's a big step for some ) and put our Founders and Rangers first instead of yourselves ?

WATP

Be delighted to have you along.

The younger generation are the one's who'll carry this forward for us all.

I've been on various websites over the years and i've yet to find one thread having a go at the guys outside Ibrox or any other football ground who sell T-shirts, Scarves, Hats, Fanzines, Badges etc etc .

I've had Founders Polo Shirts and Tshirts made, because punters asked for them, i make a tiny wee bit of profit on them which goes straight back into the research behind the project,but my project is being targetted on here.

Why is that ?

Is it really down to this supposed inter-website squabble that i have scant knowledge of and have had no part of ?

Why don't you try being positive ( i know that's a big step for some ) and put our Founders and Rangers first instead of yourselves ?

Now we get to the truth the founders trail is a profit making buisness.

A business that makes a profit? Shockeroonie!!!

Sounds like a great trip, not sure why anyone wants to have a go at a wee profit. If it was outrageous pricing then fair enough but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Why is that ?

Now we get to the truth the founders trail is a profit making buisness.

The irony is priceless :D

A business that makes a profit? Shockeroonie!!!

Sounds like a great trip, not sure why anyone wants to have a go at a wee profit. If it was outrageous pricing then fair enough but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Even if it were outageous pricing it would still be people's choice over whether to go on it or not.

But it isn't, it's great value for money and a great day out.

Presumably those who are moaning about the profit making aspect dont drink in Rangers pubs as the owners are making a profit from fellow bears. I dont care if the guy makes a profit, how much of his free time does he give up to do this? A fair amount I would guess and as has been said looks like good vfm and a cracking day out which I aim to go on at some point soon.

Th profit made goes straight back into the research.

I urge any of you.

Go and spend the next four+ years of your life researching anything that's close to your heart, go to the Mitchell Library , Records Office in Edinburgh and various other places.

Keep a note of all costs ,come back on here an and we''ll discuss the hunderds of pounds it will have cost you. That was all done straight from the pocket.

The research goes on regardless and neither that nor me posting on here will cease.

Our story and our Founders will be celebrated.

To be fair Edinburgh isn't cheap... ;)

Not sure why people complain about folk making a wee bit of money off the back of providing something suitable for the support. The club struggle to provide good value on their range of services, so as long as the alternative supplier doesn't rip people off, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Be it the WRC, the Louden, the fanzines or the various merchandise suppliers; all do a decent job of selling a product to the fans which is value for money.

I urge any of you.

Go and spend the next four+ years of your life researching anything that's close to your heart, go to the Mitchell Library , Records Office in Edinburgh and various other places.

Keep a note of all costs ,come back on here an and we''ll discuss the hunderds of pounds it will have cost you. That was all done straight from the pocket.

The research goes on regardless and neither that nor me posting on here will cease.

Our story and our Founders will be celebrated.

Not forgetting the two other guys who are part of this project. I don't think the small profit made would amount to much if split three ways.

Id be interested to see why people are trying to pick holes at the Founders Trail, asking about profits? Did people ask how much profit was being made by Gary Ralston with the Gallant Pioneers? Or the authors of the few new fan-made books about Rangers you find in Waterstones at the moment? Or even the stalls outside Ibrox selling old tickets, books and scarves?

These guys are doing this for the love of the history of the club, and to tell the great story of Rangers to the fans, I thought that would be apparent.

The people selling scarves and flags, as well as books etc, don't make any bones they are making profits from the business venture of their choice. I dare say the lads involved in the trail also do a great job and some fans love what they do. I've no problem with anyone making cash, but at least come out and say this is a business venture where profits are made from tours and T shirts.

Unfortunately, the T shirt vendor from a certain website is hawking the Founders Trail memorabilia on Ebay as we speak, which is sad, but very predictable.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rangers-Founders-Tribute-Dinner-Brochure-/370397945923?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item563d702043

:lol: £2.99, you kidding?

I could understand your trepidation at them making profit if they were raking in an absolute ton, but they aren't. From what I've seen it's been self funded research by these guys for years, which isn't cheap itself, I've spent plenty of my spare time also researching the history of the club, and travel costs, printing costs, etc all add up. Research needs funding, thats a given. People I know that have done PHD's in History and Archaeology needed funding from somewhere, some even need to get funding to do the PHD in the first place.

I don't know why people bother to enter threads with the sole intention of badmouthing the people or the project for which it was started ! The OP has never once badmouthed the William McBeath project which was undertaken by people on here and from VB, and in fact he refers to this during his tour, i thought it was fantastic project and i hope the same people are continuing with their research in the same way the " Founders " guys are doing with theirs.

Can we not just knock this stupid " Us and Them " thing on the head ! as the Moonlighter has said on many occasions, He is not putting any of the " profits " into his pocket and none of it is going into MD's pocket either. FACT.

so come on guys instead of the bickering, get yer Arse on one of these Tours and see what it's all about.

and then and only then if you Don't like it, or feel ripped off, you can on and discuss your views. end of rant. ;)

No, it's about people like you who deny there's any money being made, when you actually do make cash from it.

Perhaps you missed this post:

I can't see any denial there.

I don't know why people bother to enter threads with the sole intention of badmouthing the people or the project for which it was started ! The OP has never once badmouthed the William McBeath project which was undertaken by people on here and from VB, and in fact he refers to this during his tour, i thought it was fantastic project and i hope the same people are continuing with their research in the same way the " Founders " guys are doing with theirs.

Can we not just knock this stupid " Us and Them " thing on the head ! as the Moonlighter has said on many occasions, He is not putting any of the " profits " into his pocket and none of it is going into MD's pocket either. FACT.

so come on guys instead of the bickering, get yer Arse on one of these Tours and see what it's all about.

and then and only then if you Don't like it, or feel ripped off, you can on and discuss your views. end of rant. ;)

Seems to me and possibly others the only reason the guys from VB are so pissed off with this is because the organisers didnt advertise this on their website. Either way I'm sick of hearing about this and so what if money is being made, what about the money spent on research etc.