Manchester City agree Aleksandar Kolarov deal

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand why Barca wanted rid of Toure. He's a cracking player. Great signing for city.

DeJong is on the road put apparently.

I really don't understand why Barca wanted rid of Toure. He's a cracking player. Great signing for city.

Me too, he added a bit of balance, physicality, to a Barcelona midfield that lacked that bit of dig, a cracking player who should do really well in the EPL

£24m for yaya toure is ridiculous

if another club other than man city were interested the fee would have been nowhere near that.

According to the NOTW:

£220,000 a week (£4.1m a year after tax)

£1.65m a year after tax for his image rights

£823,000 for CL qualification bonus

£412,000 for CL winners bonus

Plus additional bonuses for winning the EPL and FA cup.

So over 5 years he will earn a minimum of £55.6m <cr>

Me too, he added a bit of balance, physicality, to a Barcelona midfield that lacked that bit of dig, a cracking player who should do really well in the EPL

Has a w*nker of an agent who convinced him that he's one of the best players in the world, and that he was unappreciated at Barca.

Well I don't disagree that he was unappreciated. He's five times the player that Busquets is but was behind him in the pecking order for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon City could genuinely contend for the title next season. At this stage, I'd say that they probably have a better squad than Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal. Chelsea will be the only real competition.

Can't see it, its good havin' all those quality players in your team but its completely different when it comes to them being able to play together.

Manchester City agree £16m deal for Aleksandar Kolarov

Manchester City have agreed a £16m fee for Serbian left-back Aleksandar Kolarov, BBC Sport understands.

The 24-year-old Lazio player, who played twice for his country at the World Cup, would be in direct competition with Wayne Bridge.

Kolarov, labelled the Serbian Roberto Carlos because of his shooting prowess, had drawn interest from several clubs.

The deal would take City's summer spending to £75m, after signing David Silva, Yaya Toure and Jerome Boateng.

Spanish international winger Villa was unveiled on Wednesday after joining from Valencia in a £24m deal, while Toure cost a similar amount from Barcelona.

Boateng, who played for Germany in the World Cup, joined City at the beginning of the month in a deal thought to be around £11m.

Heres the million dollar question for you...

Name City strongest XI?

Heres the players.

Goalkeepers:

Given, Hart, Gonzalez, Neilson, Taylor

Defenders:

Richards, Bridge, Onuoha, Zabeleta, Jarrido, Boeteng, Lescott, K. Toure, Logan, Vidal, Boyata, Cunningham, Kolarov

Midfielders:

M. Johnson, Ireland, SWP, A. Johnson, Barry, Silva, Viera, Etuhu, Kompany, De Jong, Weiss, Ibrahim, Y. Toure

Forwards:

Santa Cruz, Jo, Caicedo, Adebayor, Tevez, Nimely

Heres the million dollar question for you...

Name City strongest XI?

Heres the players.

Goalkeepers:

Given, Hart, Gonzalez, Neilson, Taylor

Defenders:

Richards, Bridge, Onuoha, Zabeleta, Jarrido, Boeteng, Lescott, K. Toure, Logan, Vidal, Boyata, Cunningham, Kolarov

Midfielders:

M. Johnson, Ireland, SWP, A. Johnson, Barry, Silva, Viera, Etuhu, Kompany, De Jong, Weiss, Ibrahim, Y. Toure

Forwards:

Santa Cruz, Jo, Caicedo, Adebayor, Tevez, Nimely

The strongest 11 and the starting 11 will be two different teams.

But my team would be...

Hart

Boateng Kompany Lescott Kolarov

Y.Toure DeJong

A.Johnson Silva

Tevez

Adebayor

Mancini will play Vieria, Richards and K.Toure though but looking like having a very good squad!