Riquelme to Brescia?

Boab

I would love this, definitely, get his name on the back of my shirt!

Newly-promoted Brescia could be lining up a shock swoop for Argentine legend Juan Roman Riquelme.

The Rondinelle make their return to Serie A in 2010-11 after beating Torino in the play-offs.

According to Tuttosport, they plan a top drawer signing to further inflame the fans, just as they did with Roberto Baggio in the past.

Riquelme’s contract with Boca Juniors has expired and he has reportedly long been interested in testing himself out in Serie A.

The 32-year-old would be a free agent and eager to prove a point, as he backed out of Argentina’s World Cup squad following a row with Coach Diego Armando Maradona.

Brescia’s promotion campaign was stuttering, as a solid defence often failed to disguise the lack of creativity in midfield.

Riquelme would go a long way to resolving that problem.

http://www.football-italia.net/jul04i.html

his agent was on SSN weeks ago almost confirming he was set to sign for West Ham

Really? I must have missed that <cr>

I always thought Riquelme wanted to stay in Argentina and raise his family there

This would be cool. I like Brescia and it'd be cool if they had a second glory era. Baggio's career seemed to be a constant case of going to the right clubs at the wrong time but what he did for Brescia when he was supposedly past it was wonderful.

Riquelme could do a job for them.

This would be cool. I like Brescia and it'd be cool if they had a second glory era. Baggio's career seemed to be a constant case of going to the right clubs at the wrong time but what he did for Brescia when he was supposedly past it was wonderful.

Riquelme could do a job for them.

Yeah, Brescia have also Hagi in the past and Guardiola though the latter not as successfully.

his agent was on SSN weeks ago almost confirming he was set to sign for West Ham

I always thought Riquelme wanted to stay in Argentina and raise his family there

you must have mate

he said he wants to goto a club where he can make a difference, he said he would knock back man u or a chelsea coz they are used to winning trophies, but said he would love to goto West Ham coz he would be a real hero, the main man and the main reason behind them winning silverwear, if they did win anything of course

hes defo coming back to europe with the noises coming from his agent, maybe his camp were just angry with argentina at the time coz he missed the world cup squad, his agent sounded so sure he was going to upton park though

and hes a bosman, incredible stuff

(tu)

:anguish:

Far, far too good for them!

So was the Divine Ponytail, with that logic? :wink:

I'd say so.

And you don't see the appeal in going to a small club and becoming a hero? He's 32. This would be a great move for everyone involved.

You can bet your life that Baggio remembers his time at Brescia more fondly than his time at Milan and Inter.

you must have mate

he said he wants to goto a club where he can make a difference, he said he would knock back man u or a chelsea coz they are used to winning trophies, but said he would love to goto West Ham coz he would be a real hero, the main man and the main reason behind them winning silverwear, if they did win anything of course

hes defo coming back to europe with the noises coming from his agent, maybe his camp were just angry with argentina at the time coz he missed the world cup squad, his agent sounded so sure he was going to upton park though

and hes a bosman, incredible stuff

(tu)

That'd be a great signing for West Ham if true

:anguish:

Far, far too good for them!

So was the Divine Ponytail, with that logic? :wink:

I'd say so.

And you don't see the appeal in going to a small club and becoming a hero? He's 32. This would be a great move for everyone involved.

You can bet your life that Baggio remembers his time at Brescia more fondly than his time at Milan and Inter.

I do see the appeal but he's one of my favourite players of all time and I'd prefer to see him at a big club winning big trophies.