Should rangers be proactive

j1mgg

Should rangers be proactive  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should rangers have been more proactive

• Yes
    • No

Reading the comments with regards to the troubles we are facing at the moment should RFC have seen this coming.

They have already told us to stop doing certains things a we didnt. From what i am reading it is mainly happening at away games so should they of maybe went one step further and banned supporters from away games?.

I am not debating the right and wrong who started it first or they should stand up for us.

The sad truth is they need to ban our support from away games or more strictly control who goes. They must know who is in every seat each location and have CCTV cameras monitoring the situation.

REALLY SAD but hey these morons - minority I know- will bring us down otherwise.

All opponents must not sell RFC fans tickets. How do you stop THIS?

The sad truth is they need to ban our support from away games or more strictly control who goes. They must know who is in every seat each location and have CCTV cameras monitoring the situation.

REALLY SAD but hey these morons - minority I know- will bring us down otherwise.

All opponents must not sell RFC fans tickets. How do you stop THIS?

it would have to be a gentlemens agreement. I dont think the home club would have problems selling these tickets to their own support when the gers are in town

Well some of those apparently invovled had already been banned from Ibrox for life.

You have to ask....what more can a club do at an away game ? Especially where that clubs (and UEFA's) warnings about segregation have been ignoed by the hosts.

Well, we've ridiculed the tims in the past for being unable to control the fans at away fixtures. But ... when you look at it from this side of the fence, what can the away team really do? What is there to stop away fans buyiing home section tickets if the home club ticket office or fans are willing to sell them?

It is difficult to monitor supporters abroad who get tickets locally but in the spl the club has a record of the tickets sold for away games, individuals or supporters clubs and more action could have been taken before now.

In the home game against Osasuna morons were singing the billy boys, the stewards ignored them and it was other supporters who told them to shut up.

We have to get our house in order, home and away, but how it can be done in Europe I don't know other than the club officially refusing tickets and informing Uefa that any fans travelling abroad to he matches are doing so against the instructions and without the support of the club and that Rangers would not take resposibility for these people.

Reading the comments with regards to the troubles we are facing at the moment should RFC have seen this coming.

They have already told us to stop doing certains things a we didnt. From what i am reading it is mainly happening at away games so should they of maybe went one step further and banned supporters from away games?.

I am not debating the right and wrong who started it first or they should stand up for us.

I don't want us to ban fans travelling to away games but I think there are other things we can do. For example, my brother is a C*ltic supporter and he says that C*ltic seem to be making a deliberate attempt to change the make up of their away support. Fewer tickets seem to be going to supporters clubs and their members and just because you are a season ticket holder who has gone to their last six away matches no longer guarantees you a ticket to the next one. This means the usual suspects in their away support are much less likely to get tickets. Maybe we should follow suit.

As far as I'm concerned we just make it clear that ticket holders and supporters clubs are responsible for the actions of people sitting in their allocated seat. If they misbehave they get a warning. If it happens again they gat a season ban. Then it is three strikes and you are out and your banned from Ibrox for life.

Surely it's a case of all Rangers fans realising the world has changed. Songs that were "acceptable"; no longer are. We as a support owe it to ourselves and this great club of ours, to make the change and bin the bigot anthems (otherwise we will only be allowed to compete in a purely domestic sense). Surely none of us want to see the Gers banned from Europe?

I know it's only a minority, but they will drag RFC downwards. They have to realise the harm they are doing to our/their club.

One final point: Dezrfc, what the f**k were you thinking posting that on YouTube?

What gets me is Rangers said that they knew some of the ICF were at the ground now why not do what the English do and make them report to a police station the day of the game so not to let them travel then there wouldn't be a problem.

As a former member of the afore mentioned i know that these guys live and breath Rangers so to say they are not true supporters is nonsence but they are all intelligent enough to know the problems they cause us abroad.

I do believe the level of provocation was terrible and most men would react to that and it wasn't the ICF who were chanting fuck the pope it was guys with Rangers tops on.

We all know with a few bevvy's and a holiday atmosphere we can over step the mark and i agree with an earlier post that how can you stop people travelling abroad in a continent which has freedom of movement and if Spanish are willing to fleece guys for £160 for their own ticket surely they should be held partly responsible.

I will do something I don't often do here and defend the club.

I know for a fact how hard they are working to try and rid our great club of this unwanted baggage. So much so, that their efforts recently appeared in a UEFA magazine being praised to the hilt by the authorities.

Ridding ourselves of certain chants and songs was never going to happen overnight and trying to stop the small element of fans intent on continuing these chants will take even longer. One must remember that last week, Rangers receieved 1500 official away tickets. However, around 3 times that travelled to Spain and Rangers FC are cannot be responsible for those people.

More so when they obtain tickets for the game from the home team who should be ensuring that does not happen.

To conclude, yes the club can continue to work hard against the sectarianism problem. But, no, they are not always at fault when problems arise.