What should Hodgson do?

I've been whirring around the usual sources for this morning's sports news.

It looks like Mascherano has told Hodgson he wants to go to Inter and a price of £25m has been agreed.

Sky Sports News understands also that Torres has told Liverpool that he wants to play in the CL and a number of bookmakers have suspended bets on him moving to Chelsea.

I'd be taking the money if I was Hodgson, I think he could do very well with it.

Well Man City were linked with a 70mill move for torres but looks like that little rumour has died down a bit.

If they're not 100% behind the team then they'll just become trouble. Get shot of emm.

He should get some top notch security for his house. :sherlock:

I'd sell Mascherano but not Torres. If Gerrard gets injured for a few months and they've sold Torres they'll finish about 10th.

Can't see Torres going to Chelsea, or any English club for that matter. He'll either go to Barcelona (eventually), Atletico or possibly Real (never say never).

Torres isn't worth anything like £30m just now IMO, never mind £70m.

You just can't guarantee as little as 30 games a year out of him.

This. Add to the fact that if he isn't scoring goals then he isn't really contributing anything whatsoever to the side.

Whereas players like Rooney may have a goal drought but they'll contribute in the assists department and so on.

Don't get me wrong, when Torres is scoring goals he's a fantastic player and almost unstoppable for a CB when he's running at them but when he isn't he can be absolutely woeful.

If Villa went for £40m, I'd tell Liverpool to fuck off if they asked for anything over £30m for Torres.

He's the pinnacle on his day, but when was the last time we saw that consistently? When was the last time we saw it period?

I would sell Torres, he is far to injury prone and I feel we are stiffled at times just playing him up front. I can see Liverpool getting into the top 4 this season and maybe a domestic cup (tu)

I would sell Torres, he is far to injury prone and I feel we are stiffled at times just playing him up front. I can see Liverpool getting into the top 4 this season and maybe a domestic cup (tu)

I can see a top 4 of Chelsea, United, City and Spurs with Arsenal and Liverpool battling for 5th.

They two need to seriously get the finger out and realise a few clubs are pulling away from them and another few clubs are catching up on them.

Mascherano is definitely off. He was meant to be reporting back to training at the start of August and the only reason I can think of him turning up a week early is to tell Hodgson that he wants to leave.

Fernando Torres is the only recognised striker that Liverpool have and on his day he can be unplayable but if he does not want to stay then Liverpool should get rid of him.

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Carragher ???

Aquilani ???

Maxi Gerrard Cole

???

Sell them both, along with Aquilani

Attempt to buy a Parker or Cattermole to replace Mascherano.

And with the money made from Torres im sure he could find 2 strikers with goal scoring abilities (which is what Liverpool attack is missing when without Torres)

Maybe try to swap a Milito or Eto' in a swap deal for Mascherano, you dont know who Benitez is willing to keep or swap.

They need to balance the team, they simply cannot believe they have a chance of winning the EPL when there team is so unstable without 2 players.

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Carragher <new player>

Cattermole

Cole Parker Gerrard

Milito Kuyt

Mind i hate Liverpool so dont listen to anything i say :pipe:

Sadly i like Roy Hodgson and the look of that team.