Crime of the century ?

D'Artagnan

“May all who look upon the old club with a friendly eye stand prepared , by precept and example, to protects its interests and its good name”

John Allan

One is left to wonder where our club would be today had the guardians of these last few years chosen to honour John Allan’s famous quote. For only this week we were reminded of the legacy of Murray’s respectful silence policy as the multi- chinned James Traynor ripped into the travelling Bears in Sydney for singing a few naughty songs...while in Lincoln the self acclaimed “greatest fans in the world” fought amongst themselves....treated the people of Lincoln to their IRA ditties and indulged in general yobbish behaviour which led to 20 arrests which, considering the scale of the unrest, appears to have drawn little comment.

We shouldn’t be too surprised. The Daily Record has been running scared of printing negative stories about Celtic and their support for some time now. Remember the Thugs and Thieves headline after the shehanigans of the Celtic Christmas night out ? The very next home game that headline was flashed on the giant screens at Parkhead. The intent was obvious.

Contrast that with Murray’s response to Bears, incessant with rage about the latest cowards with keyboards rant against our club...”If a publication offends then don’t buy it” Way to go Sir David....so much for stand prepared by precept and example to protects its interests and its good name.

While Rangers on a Monday morning are the only club in Scotland holding an anti-sectarian meeting to expel those who have fallen foul of the McConnell ‘s Iraq War deflection (aka Scotland’s Secret Shame)...over at Parkhead Liewell will be preparing his latest statement to defend the unsavoury elements of the Celtic support. What will it be this time Peter ?....”offensive but not sectarian”...or the old favourite...”political”

How does it go Peter....”If you know your history” ? I think someone somewhere needs to put in some extra history revision. Weren’t we told for years that Sinn Fein was the political wing of the IRA. ?

Those his supporters glorify in song are those who murder by reason of race or religion. The absolute epitome of sectarianism.

But this is not about them....I offer them only to demonstrate a glimpse of the ammunition available to those” guardians” of our club....who have failed in their duty to safeguard our clubs interests and good name. It doesn’t take a lot to usurp a liar...in fact many Bears have already demonstrated that it can be done. Spiers was brought to account over his assertion that thousands of Rangers fans racially abused Bobo Balde. When challenged those “thousands” became “hundreds” and when pressed further became a “handful”.

McNee’s attempted inference that the Bouncy was based on a sectarian murder was quickly withdrawn and denied and he was forced into an embarrassing denial.

Both these examples were not accomplished by our clubs “guardians” but by rank and file supporters of this club.

Can you imagine how more could have been accomplished if instead of apathy towards these reptiles, those inside Ibrox had mounted a robust and stout defence of our club and its support ?

I sometimes have to pinch myself at Murray’s naivety over this whole issue. While he proudly showed the world everything Rangers were doing to tackle sectarianism...and patted himself on the back....the likes of Anna Smith was telling the world via her newspaper column that “Rangers cultivated sectarianism” . I sometimes think that coming from a non-Rangers background Murray has never grasped that there are people out there who hate and detest our club and its support and makes it their life’s mission to discredit our club at every opportunity.

As the extent of the financial incompetence at our club continues to unfold before our eyes many will see the embarrassing financial insecurity and uncertainty at our club as his greatest crime.

But for this Bear it is his failure to uphold the commands of our forefathers to defend our club from cowards and reptiles which will be unforgiveable.

Anyways where were we ? Ah yes fantastic post D'A ! :sherlock:

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“May all who look upon the old club with a friendly eye stand prepared , by precept and example, to protects its interests and its good name”

John Allan

One is left to wonder where our club would be today had the guardians of these last few years chosen to honour John Allan’s famous quote. For only this week we were reminded of the legacy of Murray’s respectful silence policy as the multi- chinned James Traynor ripped into the travelling Bears in Sydney for singing a few naughty songs...while in Lincoln the self acclaimed “greatest fans in the world” fought amongst themselves....treated the people of Lincoln to their IRA ditties and indulged in general yobbish behaviour which led to 20 arrests which, considering the scale of the unrest, appears to have drawn little comment.

We shouldn’t be too surprised. The Daily Record has been running scared of printing negative stories about Celtic and their support for some time now. Remember the Thugs and Thieves headline after the shehanigans of the Celtic Christmas night out ? The very next home game that headline was flashed on the giant screens at Parkhead. The intent was obvious.

Contrast that with Murray’s response to Bears, incessant with rage about the latest cowards with keyboards rant against our club...”If a publication offends then don’t buy it” Way to go Sir David....so much for stand prepared by precept and example to protects its interests and its good name.

While Rangers on a Monday morning are the only club in Scotland holding an anti-sectarian meeting to expel those who have fallen foul of the McConnell ‘s Iraq War deflection (aka Scotland’s Secret Shame)...over at Parkhead Liewell will be preparing his latest statement to defend the unsavoury elements of the Celtic support. What will it be this time Peter ?....”offensive but not sectarian”...or the old favourite...”political”

How does it go Peter....”If you know your history” ? I think someone somewhere needs to put in some extra history revision. Weren’t we told for years that Sinn Fein was the political wing of the IRA. ?

Those his supporters glorify in song are those who murder by reason of race or religion. The absolute epitome of sectarianism.

But this is not about them....I offer them only to demonstrate a glimpse of the ammunition available to those” guardians” of our club....who have failed in their duty to safeguard our clubs interests and good name. It doesn’t take a lot to usurp a liar...in fact many Bears have already demonstrated that it can be done. Spiers was brought to account over his assertion that thousands of Rangers fans racially abused Bobo Balde. When challenged those “thousands” became “hundreds” and when pressed further became a “handful”.

McNee’s attempted inference that the Bouncy was based on a sectarian murder was quickly withdrawn and denied and he was forced into an embarrassing denial.

Both these examples were not accomplished by our clubs “guardians” but by rank and file supporters of this club.

Can you imagine how more could have been accomplished if instead of apathy towards these reptiles, those inside Ibrox had mounted a robust and stout defence of our club and its support ?

I sometimes have to pinch myself at Murray’s naivety over this whole issue. While he proudly showed the world everything Rangers were doing to tackle sectarianism...and patted himself on the back....the likes of Anna Smith was telling the world via her newspaper column that “Rangers cultivated sectarianism” . I sometimes think that coming from a non-Rangers background Murray has never grasped that there are people out there who hate and detest our club and its support and makes it their life’s mission to discredit our club at every opportunity.

As the extent of the financial incompetence at our club continues to unfold before our eyes many will see the embarrassing financial insecurity and uncertainty at our club as his greatest crime.

But for this Bear it is his failure to uphold the commands of our forefathers to defend our club from cowards and reptiles which will be unforgiveable.

Brilliant lad (tu) that made my day reading that. ;)

I see some disagree or are offended by this why?

Only the 'Offended' gets 'Offended'.

:lol:

I just got called a f*nian by PM.

I would like to take this (opertunity) opportunity to apologise for any comments promoting the IRA that I made in this thread.

That is all. :sherlock:

F*nian spellcheck? :rolleyes:

:lol:

I just got called a f*nian by PM.

I would like to take this opertunity opportunity to apologise for any comments promoting the IRA that I made in this thread.

That is all. :sherlock:

F*nian spellcheck? :rolleyes:

Thanks. :sherlock:

Wouldn't want the person who sent me the PM noticing that.

Yes, it does. They are as entitled to their views as you are.

Do you understand that songs about wars and ulster have no part in RFC?

I don't agree with that statement, whatsoever.

You seem to have trouble accepting that others have a different viewpoint to you?

No trouble at all. So, can I ask why you don't agree with it?

The fans are the club, and their views are a part of who we are. You can't just dismiss something as unimportant, purely because you don't agree with it.

I heard about this thread, popped in to have a look, and, hilarious! Seems to be some newer people as well as the obvious ones who like to go on rants whenever someone makes a post like this! Although, I see that now they go as far as to call Minstral a bheast?? That seriously may be the most amusing thing I have ever read on here!

caseyjones, Your post here, that I am replying to, is, quite simply... how it is! Great words.

Unfortunately, thats EXACTLY what "some" poeple do. It seems their sole aim in life is to make others who dont agree with their point of view, to feel wrong, and, try to force them to become outcasts in their own circles. Tragic really. I wonder if these people think the founders, and, the likes of Mr Struth are also "wrong"? And would they insult both their memories, and, would they TELL them they were wrong? I believe the Queen is also the head of this religion in this country, perhaps, since its SO important to them, they should write to Buckingham Pallace, or perhaps go down there and protest about how wrong it is, and, how it has no place in modern society.

Traveling wilbeary :praise:

People like you make me proud to be a bear.

They honestly don't deserve our club some of them

I'm speechless right now.

Makes a change!!

You know it makes sense

Just couldn't get over how much of a brown nose you sounded in that post and the audacity of you passing judgement on who deserves to support this club and who doesn't.

Yes, it does. They are as entitled to their views as you are.

Do you understand that songs about wars and ulster have no part in RFC?

I don't agree with that statement, whatsoever.

You seem to have trouble accepting that others have a different viewpoint to you?

No trouble at all. So, can I ask why you don't agree with it?

The fans are the club, and their views are a part of who we are. You can't just dismiss something as unimportant, purely because you don't agree with it.

I heard about this thread, popped in to have a look, and, hilarious! Seems to be some newer people as well as the obvious ones who like to go on rants whenever someone makes a post like this! Although, I see that now they go as far as to call Minstral a bheast?? That seriously may be the most amusing thing I have ever read on here!

caseyjones, Your post here, that I am replying to, is, quite simply... how it is! Great words.

Unfortunately, thats EXACTLY what "some" poeple do. It seems their sole aim in life is to make others who dont agree with their point of view, to feel wrong, and, try to force them to become outcasts in their own circles. Tragic really. I wonder if these people think the founders, and, the likes of Mr Struth are also "wrong"? And would they insult both their memories, and, would they TELL them they were wrong? I believe the Queen is also the head of this religion in this country, perhaps, since its SO important to them, they should write to Buckingham Pallace, or perhaps go down there and protest about how wrong it is, and, how it has no place in modern society.

Outlaw they can call me a beast if the like, but the one thing i can do is look in the mirror every day and know that i have sold our fans down the river. The thing is that they cant as they are willing to betray everything that generations of bears helped build, just to appease our enemies who hate us.

The old support would have strung you hanwringers up at the nearest lampost on Copland Road, you are everything thats wrong with our support and should hang your heads in shame.

Amen, I no longer recognise or understand our new breed of fans. Sadly they will reap what they sow.

This thread just has to be polluted. :(

Good to see you back Outlaw (tu)

:lol: Cheers, looking at this one though, will be about 15 mins before I am called a bheast! Seems to be even more anti-everything on here now. Troubling Wilberly seems to have gotten all his mates to join up :lol:

The old support would have strung you hanwringers up at the nearest lampost on Copland Road, you are everything thats wrong with our support and should hang your heads in shame.

Amen, I no longer recognise or understand our new breed of fans. Sadly they will reap what they sow.

A new breed of fans?

What type of fans are they do they inter-breed with each other like what F*nians do? :lol:

It may be partially due to jealousy, given the quality of the writing in the original post. Something that many will never atain.

Its sad mate when they turn on their own support. :(

If it was polluted by taigs on the wind-up, it wouldn't be so bad, sadly, I doubt that is the case here.

How do you feel about embra mick suggesting you're an earl minst, that must be a first :D

Manti thats a classic but i had a run in with him the other night in the off topic board. But as i say i can look in the mirror every mornig and know that i have not sold our fans down the river, something he will never be able to do.

How do you feel about embra mick suggesting you're an earl minst, that must be a first :D

Not sure about the old man, but, I fair pished myself when I saw it! :lol:

Aye me too.

Good to see you back outlaw.

We arranged this thread just for you, so you'd feel at home :D