Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

I remember a similar saga to this regarding, I think it was Julien Faubert, deal agreed, terms agreed, goalposts shifted etc.... and then a last minute bid come in from West Ham and he has fucked off to the EPL. (Not exactly a bad thing, as he has either been injured or shit there).

Point being, the way this is rumbling on and on, I can see another club stepping in late and nabbing him. That really would be a waste of 3 weeks.

Tbf, I listen to Durham & Goughie and Goldstein & Cundy quite often and I have never felt they are anti-Rangers.

after reading your stuff on another topic, im not surprised you dont think they are anti-rangers

my sensors are doing cart-wheels

thats all im saying

(tu)

But landing top target Nikica Jelavic isn't proving easy as chief executive Martin Bain revealed Rapid Vienna have moved the goalposts again.Rangers have already agreed personal terms with the Croatian striker and settled on a £4mfee with the Austrian club.

But Rapid say they want him to stay until after the Europa League play-off matches against Aston Villa this Thursday and next week.

Jelavic was set to hold showdown talks with his club today and tell them he wants to be sold immediately to Rangers.Bain said: "Rapid have moved the goalposts and this is not acceptable.

We expect the player to be in Glasgow in the next 24 hours for a medical."

There have been conflicting reports on Jelavic's eligibilty for Rangers in the Champions League should he sign, given that he's played in two Europa League qualifying rounds for Rapid.

A Uefa spokesman clarified the situation today, stating: "If a player represents a club in any of the qualifying rounds of the Europa League, and they then go through to the group stages, he would be ineligible to play for a new club in the Champions League."

If his former club are knocked out in the qualifying rounds, he can play in the Champions League for a new team if registered before September 1."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/rangers-talent-show-1.1048807

From the above i take it that if Jelavic plays on Thursday and Rapid progress then he is cup tied, howeve if he doesn't play or they don't make it through then he is available for to play in the CL for us.

Why can we not just sign him after the villa games?? I dont think rapid will qualify and as long as he doesn't get injured whats the big problem?

And if they do qualify then we get a player to fire us to the league title, which is far more important than a defensive champions league campaign!

Here's hoping Villa thump Rapid but if this sort of situation arises, Jelavic should be as childish as they are being and refuse to play the way Novo did while at Dundee to get a move to us.

He should refuse to play and push the transfer through himself.

..........and if a Rangers player did the same?

From the above i take it that if Jelavic plays on Thursday and Rapid progress then he is cup tied, howeve if he doesn't play or they don't make it through then he is available for to play in the CL for us.

How many times?

He is cup-tied if Rapid qualify, whether he plays or not.

On the SSN website, Bain is quoted as saying he will be in Glasgow within 24 hours to have a medical but on the SSN ticker that goes along the bottom of the screen, Rapid say he will not join Rangers. Don't know what to believe.

You do realise you can be banned for insinuating that a member is a tim? Not the 1st time you've done this when someone disagrees with your point of view. :dry:

nonsense, ive been called that several times, the culprits are still here

;)

and i didnt anyway

If he gets cup-tied, Rapid will get the same money for qualification to the EL as from the transfer. They can't really lose out.

Theres a 1000 times more chance of us giving them the money, than them beating Villa over 2 legs with or without Jelavic

Theyll end up with an unhappy player and no money

With a bit of luck Villa will pump them in the 1st leg and they will admit defeat with Jelavic.

Just hope this comes to a conclusion soon one way or the other because i come straight into this thread every time i log on here and its making me depressed :lol:

There is no way Rangers are going to wait on him playing against Villa. They will walk away first. and try and get another. Jelavic and his agent will be working their way out now. I can see him signing tmrw. Its to much to risk. What happens if he gets injured playing against Villa? He will be stuck with Rapid on a shit wage.

Jelavic sees a great oppertunity now and will grab it with both hands. Staying and playing against villa could ruin a good chance for him.

Am no want to be pessimistic but why is everybody just assuming that Villa will beat Rapid? Rapid put them out last year, and villa have played just one competative game this season. The champions league is a bonus to us and I think the deal will go through even if Rapid progress. Wev still got a league to win.

It is up to Jelavic to really tell Rapid just what he wants, if it were me I'd be saying, look my hearts not in this, I want champions league football and a decent wage, now either OK this transfer or I'll not sign another contract and leave here on a free when the time comes and you'll be left with fuck all.

Am no want to be pessimistic but why is everybody just assuming that Villa will beat Rapid? Rapid put them out last year, and villa have played just one competative game this season. The champions league is a bonus to us and I think the deal will go through even if Rapid progress. Wev still got a league to win.

And they just sold james Milner so they are a wee bit weaker IMO