Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

Yes, we do know.

He is cup tied if Rapid go through. We've known that since he played in the previous round.

we obviously havnt or else a uefa spokesman would not have had to come out to clarify it the other day, even then, fans didnt understand

I think if one more person asks you might end up in a mental home, the amount of times you have had to explain it :D

I swear tae god I'm pulling my barnet out.

I've got a funny feeling flecky was fishing though.

we obviously havnt or else a uefa spokesman wqould not have had to come out and clarify it the other day, even then, fans didnt understand

First of all, that UEFA quote was taken from March, it wasn't an attempt to clarify our situation.

Second of all, just read the rules. They're on the UEFA website. Paragraph 18.07.

Why would rangers want him so quickly tho if it doesn't matter cos if rapid win we can't play him in Europe!

we wanted him before all this shit, its walters main target and he obviously wants him.

Why would rangers want him so quickly tho if it doesn't matter cos if rapid win we can't play him in Europe!

Because he would have been cup-tied if he had played against Villa, even if rapid had gone out. I know a lot of people here don't believe that, but that would have been the situation.

Thankfully he didn't play and that part doesn't matter any more though.

But he'll stll be cup-tied if they progress, since he played in the 3rd qualifying round.

Thurs 19 Aug 2010

Jelavic On His Way

by Lindsay Herron

THE INCREDIBLE Nikica Jelavic transfer saga is set for a happy ending tomorrow with the Croatian striker poised to become Walter Smith's third summer signing.

Jelavic will arrive at Murray Park for a medical and to conclude personal terms after Rangers finally reached agreement with Rapid Vienna today.

The deal has swung one way then the other in the past couple of weeks with Rangers thinking they had an agreement in place only for the situation to change.

However, the 24-year-old hitman is now on his way after forcing the issue with the Austrian side and all things being equal will beocme a Rangers player tomorrow.

Chief Executive Martin Bain told rangers.co.uk: "We have agreed a fee with Rapid for Nikica Jelavic and we have also agreed personal terms in principle.

"He will arrive tomorrow when we will hope to complete these and when he will also undergo a medical."

Jelavic's arrival will add to the loan capture of exciting Slovakian winger Vladimir Weiss earlier today and the signing of experienced English striker James Beattie six days ago.

He was due to play to Rapid tonight against Aston Villa in the play-off round of the Europa League but was left out of the side.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100819/jelavic-on-his-way_2254024_2128191

HE WAS REGISTERD TO PLAY IN THE GAME, he's cup tied, regardless if he plays or doesn't play thats the way it is, so he's registerd.

HE'S NOT FUCKING CUP TIED!!!

HES ONLY CUP TIED IF RAPID REACH THE FUCKING GROUP STAGES, HOW FUCKING HARD IS THAT FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND????!!!!

FUCK SAKE

HE'S NOT FUCKING CUP TIED!!!

HES ONLY CUP TIED IF RAPID REACH THE FUCKING GROUP STAGES, HOW FUCKING HARD IS THAT FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND????!!!!

FUCK SAKE

i realy can not believe people aren't getting this <cr>

rapid reach group stage - cup tied

rapid dont - not cup tied

its as simple as that, it realy is.