The Official Clyde Vs Rangers Thread

andymc10

Had a few mates who were at the game tonight, and supposidly Jamie Ness was a stand out. Always looking to get on the ball, looked composed, kept it neat and tidy, sprayed balls about, and controlled the midfield. Used to watch the youth teams and he always looked like a player who had the ability to push on and make the grade at Rangers. Hopefully he get's his chance, and I'm sure he will.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a few mates who were at the game tonight, and supposidly Jamie Ness was a stand out. Always looking to get on the ball, looked composed, kept it neat and tidy, sprayed balls about, and controlled the midfield. Used to watch the youth teams and he always looked like a player who had the ability to push on and make the grade at Rangers. Hopefully he get's his chance, and I'm sure he will.

Absolutely delighted to hear this, hopefully this will be the year he breaks through. (tu)

I commented on Jamie Ness about how he trained in the Australian tour and made a statement that he will be a far better prospect than Danny Wilson for Rangers if he is given the chance. ( and I really rated Wilson btw! )

I didn't see any of the Clyde game, but I have no doubt at all that Ness will play in the 1st team this season. (tu)

rofl

look at the size of velicka, ffs :lol:

thats hilarious

he needs some serious treadmill activity

flecky! put yer specs on son...That's no fat on Velicka...it's solid MUSCLE :wink:

He's going to be our Derek Johnstone battering ram clone of the 2000's, or if we get a lot of injuries, we can play him as a back four on his own.

Jamie Ness is a fantastic player.

Seen him play a couple of times and he's probably the closest thing we have to a Xavi. Yes, I know he's not that good, but he looks to play the game in exactly the same way.

I know that a number of the Ibrox youth coaches think that he's on a different planet to Wilson and Fleck in terms of pure ability with the football.

I agree, Ness is definetly has potential to become a mainstay for us now an for the future and he should just look at Barry Ferguson for inspiration.

Hopefully, hopefully Walter sees past his fickle ways towards giving the youth we have games. McMillan, Ness, Shinnie, Fleck and Wylde are capable of playing for the first team and should be given games. I'd like to see us deploy a similar attitude to Wenger when it comes to cup competitions, give the youth a chance to shine and whoever really impresses a chance in the SPL as well because it's hardly the La Liga in terms of quality.

Obviously we can't field a large proportion of the team with youngsters but a blend of youth and experience. If we don'tat least give them a chance to play then what was the point in spendig £14m on Murray Park?

Barry Ferguson, Alan Hutton, Charlie Adam, Ross McCormack, Chris Burke, Danny Wilson are the proof that we do have and have produced good players over they years who can make it and with our financial situation i think Walter's going to have to look at the youth as an outlet, back them instead of criticising them which isn't good for confidence.

This could be the only positive thing coming out of our financial situation at the moment.

I agree, Ness is definetly has potential to become a mainstay for us now an for the future and he should just look at Barry Ferguson for inspiration.

Hopefully, hopefully Walter sees past his fickle ways towards giving the youth we have games. McMillan, Ness, Shinnie, Fleck and Wylde are capable of playing for the first team and should be given games. I'd like to see us deploy a similar attitude to Wenger when it comes to cup competitions, give the youth a chance to shine and whoever really impresses a chance in the SPL as well because it's hardly the La Liga in terms of quality.

Obviously we can't field a large proportion of the team with youngsters but a blend of youth and experience. If we don'tat least give them a chance to play then what was the point in spendig £14m on Murray Park?

Barry Ferguson, Alan Hutton, Charlie Adam, Ross McCormack, Chris Burke, Danny Wilson are the proof that we do have and have produced good players over they years who can make it and with our financial situation i think Walter's going to have to look at the youth as an outlet, back them instead of criticising them which isn't good for confidence.

This could be the only positive thing coming out of our financial situation at the moment.

This (tu)