Jozy Altidore set for Besiktas move

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1614/americans-abroad/2010/08/04/2055613/breaking-news-jozy-altidore-set-for-move-to-turkish-club

A source familiar with American striker Jozy Altidore has told Goal.com USA that the Villarreal player will be on his way to Turkey in the near future to play with 13-time champions Besiktas.

Altidore has been rumored to be on the move again after Hull City, the English club where he spent last season on loan, was relegated to the second tier of English football and the striker was sent back to his Spanish club.

The 20-year-old does not seem to fit into the plans for the Spanish side moving forward and has been linked with move to Ajax already this summer.

Now it seems the USA star will head to Turkey on what the source says will be a long term deal (between four and six years) that should allow Altidore to find a regular home with one team for the first time since moving to Europe in the summer of 2008.

Altidore started all four of the USA's games at the 2010 World Cup and has impressed with the US National team at times, but his European club career has been marred by a lack of goals.

If the move does become official Altidore will be given a chance to play in the Europa league and will be teamed with one of the great passers of recent times in newly signed midfielder Jose Maria Guti, who signed with the club from Real Madrid earlier this summer.

It would have been nice to Jozy at Ajax, but as long as he gets regular playing time in Turkey it's a good move. Still hard to think he's only 20 but this will be his 4th club <cr>

oh thats a tough one,he wasnt his best and hull city but we all know he is capable of being a pretty awesome player,good at the world cup aswell.but maybe this move may benefit him for the future?

I think moving out there kind of rules out a move to the premiership.

Not entirely but you don't get very many players going to the prem from out there.

Good player though. Whats the fee?

I like him but he's basically Emile Heskey.

Excellent comparison Alan :lol:

But aye, he's guff.

I kept calling him Alti-heskey at the World Cup, and whenever he would fuck up I'd be screaming at the telly like "FUCKSAKE HESKEY." :lol: