Bougherra committed to Rangers?

I know a player can say one thing and then do another, but if this is true then at least it's a little moral boost for us whilst looking for other players.

Sought-after defender Madjid Bougherra has handed Rangers a welcome boost by committing his future to Ibrox.

Financially-stricken Gers were in danger of losing their prize stopper this summer after the 27-year-old attracted interest from numerous European clubs.

But the Algeria centre-back has revealed he will remain at the Scottish champions, admitting his decision was influenced by manager Walter Smith and the club's supporters.

"Yes, I'll stay with Rangers," Bougherra said in the Daily Record. "I prefer to stay with the team so I can maintain stability at the club.

"Also, I have to be fair to the Rangers supporters. They have insisted I stay at the club.

"And I have the highest respect for the Rangers manager too."

Meanwhile, Bougherra could be joined in Glasgow by two new signings, with Rangers reportedly targeting USA internationals Alejandro Bedoya and Benny Feilhaber.

Bougherra says the same every week.

If the club doesn't agree a package that's suitable for him and for us, then he's happy to stay.

If the club does agree a decent fee for him, and the interested club is suitable, he'll be away.

Simple.

Madjid Bougherra has come out and said that for the past couple of transfer windows and he is still here.

As long as we don't receive a massive bid for him I think he will stay with us.

We were talking to him after one of the training sessions in Sydney and he did say that he was very happy to stay where he was and was really looking forward to the new season, so I hope it stays that way...He really appreciates the value of the fans and goes out of his way to make them feel important, BTW!:clap: It's about time some other members of our squad took some lessons from him in the PR department.

very annoying Boogie stop angling for a switch :mad:

Bougherra keeps options open

Published 15:01 13/08/10 By Pa Sports

Recommend

Madjid Bougherra has refused to rule out the possibility of quitting Rangers before the end of the month if the Scottish champions receive an offer they cannot refuse.

The defender still has two years left on his current deal and insists he is happy to remain at Ibrox and bolster hopes of a third successive Clydesdale Bank Premier League championship. Several players have departed since the end of last season and the Ibrox faithful may be surprised that the club's prize asset - who has been linked with Arsenal and Liverpool - has not been part of the exodus so far.

"I have a two-year contract and I am very happy here so if I stay here, there is no problem," said Bougherra. "But if there is a big opportunity for the club or for me, we will see what happens."

He continued: "At the moment, I am very comfortable and I want to play again this year. I'm ready for the new season and we are ready to prove again that we can win the title so I'm excited to play the first game at home

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Bougherra-keeps-options-open-article553929.html#ixzz0wUrdxnHb

with boogie we know where we stand really, hes happy to stay and he would go if the club wanted him too, honest guy minus the passport debacle but what we need, straight talking and lets us know where we stand with him

with boogie we know where we stand really, hes happy to stay and he would go if the club wanted him too, honest guy minus the passport debacle but what we need, straight talking and lets us know where we stand with him

According to Rothen the club tried to sell him twice last season and he wouldn't go.

According to Rothen the club tried to sell him twice last season and he wouldn't go.

do you believe that, dont you think it would be all over the place and i think boughy would have had summit to say on the matter, hes had ample opportunity

do you believe that, dont you think it would be all over the place and i think boughy would have had summit to say on the matter, hes had ample opportunity

It was all over the place. I remember seeing iton SKY Text page 300 and on Sky Sports News.

Might just be sou grapes from Rothen but I remember Bougherra saying he's happy and would consider a move to a big club, but the clubs Rangers probably tried to punt him to were second tier.

Didn't Laurent Blanc say recently that he tried to sign him for Bordeaux last year but Bougherra rejected him?

Wait, I found it. Here it is: http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/189230-blanc-bewildered-by-bougherras-rangers-stay

Was just hearing Bougherra's interview there and loved it when quizzed on Celtic and thier new signings and if they looked stronger and he said something along the lines of "I don't care, I just want to concentate on my team" :praise:

I don't see what he's saying wrong.

As he always always always says, he's happy to stay unless an offer that's suitable to both him and the club comes along. He's no different to any other player.

He said on an interview that was on the BBC website a few months back that he would consider signing a new contract no problems.

Only problem being, with a wage cap of somethin like 17/18 grand - it wouldn't be much of a raise, if any? so I can't see the club or his agent rushing for extension talks as things stand, which is a shame.