Beattie at Ibrox today

RangersAndy

You are right about short term fixes but what else can we do? The squad needs strengthening and with Walter only here for the season it looks like the bank/board will not release funds for an investment that might have some resale value.

:lol:

weve just offered 4m for a 24 year old, is it our fault he wants too much money?

we also offered 1.5 for eagles again down to the player he didnt sign

<cr>

the cash is there, i think smith just wants players he knows he can rely on, he thinks he can rely on smith and beattie, weve spunked millions on huge reputations before and they have cost us dear!

1.5 for beattie, im very happy with, delighted in fact

i would also go back in for eagles, see if he wants to talk again

:wink:

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

weve just offered 4m for a 24 year old, is it our fault he wants too much money?

<cr>

the cash is there, i think smith just wants players he knows he can rely on, he thinks he can rely on smith and beattie, weve spunked millions on huge reputations before and they have cost us dear!

We apparently offered 4mil but it wasn't enough. As I said, what can we do?

James Beattie will be good signing for us.

To all those saying it's just a short-term fix, would you rather we had someone who has the capabilities of scoring for fun and giving us a real chance to win the title or not signing anyone and give us not much of a chance and not qualify for the Champions League which will hurt us in the long term?

If people honestly think we can rely on the likes of Lafferty, Velicka and Naismith to help Miller with scoring the goals that will win the league, then your are deluded.

I know what I'd rather have.

<cr>

I thought about this today also. Presumably, he turned us down because he thought he could get a move to a EPL team (a Sunderland or Bolton etc.)

Now it looks as though that isn't going to happen maybe we should make a move again, cos the wages we offerd are more than he earns at Burnley I'm sure.

I think we should go for him again, but there is no way we will

I thought about this today also. Presumably, he turned us down because he thought he could get a move to a EPL team (a Sunderland or Bolton etc.)

Now it looks as though that isn't going to happen maybe we should make a move again, cos the wages we offerd are more than he earns at Burnley I'm sure.

I think we should go for him again, but there is no way we will

were crying out for width, skill and creativity too

I'd say he's passed his best but I still reckon he'll do a decent job up here, and Im sure he won't be phased by playing in europe. Him and Jelavic (hopefully), plus a winger (is Smith the man?) and I'd say that's good enough imo (tu)