Mitre launch new SPL ball

H72

Mitre reveal new SPL ball

Published : Wednesday, April 28, 2010

new%20mitre%20ball%20header.jpg

Mitre, the world’s oldest football brand, have launched the new TENSILE ball - the most advanced football in the world - which will be used in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League next season.

The TENSILE is a revolution in football design and technology, comprised of just 10 panels and has over 30% less stitching. This optimises power and efficiency, improving airflow and reducing drag on the ball. This increases the average speed of a shot, making it a strikers' dream.

The ball is the first of its kind and will be used in all SPL matches from the beginning of the 2010/11 season, as well as in the Football League.

TENSILE’s graphic design is completely unique, with each of the 12 SPL Clubs having their own match balls printed in club colours and adorned with their club badge.

Mitre’s heritage and reputation for making the world’s best footballs is unrivalled, with the TENSILE being another example of Mitre’s innovations in football over nearly 200 years. The TENSILE’s revolutionary design delivers a greater transfer of energy, superior efficiency, stability and aerodynamics than ever before, and will retail at £74.99.

Nick Crook, Marketing Manager for Mitre, said: "We are very proud of the TENSILE and the innovation and technology used to create the ball underlies what Mitre has been associated with for nearly 200 years. The TENSILE is a players' ball, uses the very latest technology and we’ve no doubt it will add to the excitement and spectacle of the new season – and hopefully more goals!"

Interesting. I like the look of it.

i thought the world cup ball was the most advanced in the world?

As did I. I have a funny feeling each brand will say their own is better than the others, but theres something about this one that looks rounder.