Rangers interested in Vladimir Weiss

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bolton wanted this lad back and I'm ashamed to say they could probably outbid us if it came to a permanent deal, lad looks like he has a future with City though :disappointment:

The tried to get him back in the summer and City said no, he didn't seem to enjoy his time there

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/rangers-win-the-race-for-manchester-city-winger-weiss-1.1049093?

Vladimir Weiss will arrive in Glasgow this morning to complete his season-long loan move to Rangers.

The 20-year-old Manchester City winger has been granted permission to fly to Scotland to complete his switch after the SPL champions won the race for his signature.

A number of clubs, including Old Firm rivals Celtic and Bundesliga outfit Stuttgart, were keen on securing the services of the Slovakia internationalist when it became apparent he wasn’t going to fit into Roberto Mancini’s first-team plans this season.

However, the Ibrox hierarchy managed to convince both City and the player that the opportunity to play in the Champions League this season would prove invaluable experience in his attempts to make the grade at the English Premier League club next season.

City have high hopes for Weiss and were reluctant to allow him to leave but decided to give Rangers the green light to open talks with the player after another round of discussion between the clubs.

It’s believed Walter Smith first registered an interest in landing the highly-rated Weiss as early as six weeks ago when Rangers reported back for pre-season training and was informed to check on his availability nearer the end of the transfer window.

Martin Bain, the chief executive, stepped up his bid to pull the deal off at the beginning of this week and Rangers are now on the verge of pulling off the signing of a player who is held in high regard throughout European football.

Weiss played three times for Slovakia at the World Cup finals this summer in South Africa, won the man-of-the-match award in their opening group game with New Zealand and also caught the eye in their last-16 defeat to Holland.

Rangers are thought to have paid City a fee as well as agreed to match his wages, which are thought to be in the region of £20,000 a week. Smith is convinced he will prove excellent value for money.

Weiss will be shown around Murray Park and Ibrox and could be paraded at a press conference later today if everything goes to plan.

Rangers are unlikely to offer deals to any of the four trialists who played against Partick Thistle on Tuesday.

£20k p/w :huh:

Rangers land Celtic transfer target starlet Vladimir Weiss - as Nikica Jelavic threatens Rapid walkout to land Ibrox move

Aug 19 2010 Exclusive by Keith Jackson

Rangers last night completed a stunning swoop from under the noses of Celtic for Slovakian World Cup star Vladimir Weiss.

Record Sport can reveal the 20-year-old Manchester City winger will report to Murray Park this morning to sign a season-long loan deal.

And while Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain was finalising the move late last night, Walter Smith's other top target Nikica Jelavic was considering walking out on Rapid Vienna ahead of their Europa League clash with Aston Villa tonight.

full article - link

also

My link

Hopefully Jelavic to follow. Weiss is a great signing IMO. I do hope we still get barazite but fuk it. VLADIMIRRRRR

WATP

Rangers last night completed a stunning swoop from under the noses of Celtic for Slovakian World Cup star Vladimir Weiss.

Record Sport can reveal the 20-year-old Manchester City winger will report to Murray Park this morning to sign a season-long loan deal.

And while Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain was finalising the move late last night, Walter Smith's other top target Nikica Jelavic was considering walking out on Rapid Vienna ahead of their Europa League clash with Aston Villa tonight.

Anxious Rapid bosses even flew to Jelavic's hometown of Zagreb to hold crisis talks with the striker's family in a desperate bid to get the 24-year-old to play.

Jelavic has pleaded with the Austrians to let him fly to Glasgow to finalise a £4million move that will see his wages increase from around £3000 a week to a sum nearer £20,000.

Bain now hopes to be finally given the go ahead to sign the Croatian star this morning even though Rapid continue to dig their heels in. But while that standoff continued Weiss was making arrangements to travel north to join up with the Light Blues.

The move is another huge transfer blow to Celtic boss Neil Lennon who has missed out on a number of big-name targets.

As late as yesterday afternoon Weiss was still on Lennon's radar but Celtic had no idea he was set to move to their rivals.

When asked about the Slovakian ace yesterday Lennon said: "Weiss is a player we've been looking at for some time."

Weiss has not made City's star-studded 25-man squad for the Premier League but is highly rated by manager Roberto Mancini who has given his blessing to the loan deal.

The move will come as a huge boost to Rangers boss Walter Smith who has been desperate to land a creative wide player.

Smith and Bain made their first cash signing in two years last week when they paid Stoke City £750,000 for former England striker James Beattie.

Now Weiss has been tied up and Jelavic may soon follow as the crown jewel in Smith's limited summer spending spree.

Jelavic knows the deal could collapse if he is forced to play against Villa as he will then be cup-tied for Rangers' Champions League campaign.

He said: "If the club is asking me to play against Villa, I'll play. But I can hardly concentrate on the match when, over the past few days, I was sold several times. My head is all mixed up."

Jelavic trained on Tuesday but demanded talks with club chiefs and requested his immediate release before the Villa game.

This was rejected and his agent, Velibor Momcilovic, then told Rapid the player did not want to play for the club again.

He said: "Nikica wants to go to Rangers right away. His heart is already in Glasgow."

But Rapid sporting director Alfred Hortnagl insists Jelavic will play tonight.

He said: "It is simply too late to agree to the transfer. It would be irresponsible just before an important game against Villa to sell such a player and not have anyone to cover."

http://www.<No links to this website>/2010/08/19/rangers-land-celtic-transfer-target-starlet-vladimir-weiss-as-nikica-jelavic-threatens-rapid-walkout-to-land-ibrox-move-86908-22497603/

vladimir-weiss-image-2-714021634.jpg

Anxious Rapid bosses even flew to Jelavic's hometown of Zagreb to hold crisis talks with the striker's family in a desperate bid to get the 24-year-old to play.

Jelavic has pleaded with the Austrians to let him fly to Glasgow to finalise a £4million move that will see his wages increase from around £3000 a week to a sum nearer £20,000.

Bain now hopes to be finally given the go ahead to sign the Croatian star this morning even though Rapid continue to dig their heels in. But while that standoff continued Weiss was making arrangements to travel north to join up with the Light Blues.

The move is another huge transfer blow to Celtic boss Neil Lennon who has missed out on a number of big-name targets.

As late as yesterday afternoon Weiss was still on Lennon's radar but Celtic had no idea he was set to move to their rivals.

When asked about the Slovakian ace yesterday Lennon said: "Weiss is a player we've been looking at for some time."

Weiss has not made City's star-studded 25-man squad for the Premier League but is highly rated by manager Roberto Mancini who has given his blessing to the loan deal.

The move will come as a huge boost to Rangers boss Walter Smith who has been desperate to land a creative wide player.

Smith and Bain made their first cash signing in two years last week when they paid Stoke City £750,000 for former England striker James Beattie.

Now Weiss has been tied up and Jelavic may soon follow as the crown jewel in Smith's limited summer spending spree.

Jelavic knows the deal could collapse if he is forced to play against Villa as he will then be cup-tied for Rangers' Champions League campaign.

He said: "If the club is asking me to play against Villa, I'll play. But I can hardly concentrate on the match when, over the past few days, I was sold several times. My head is all mixed up."

Jelavic trained on Tuesday but demanded talks with club chiefs and requested his immediate release before the Villa game.

This was rejected and his agent, Velibor Momcilovic, then told Rapid the player did not want to play for the club again.

He said: "Nikica wants to go to Rangers right away. His heart is already in Glasgow."

But Rapid sporting director Alfred Hortnagl insists Jelavic will play tonight.

He said: "It is simply too late to agree to the transfer. It would be irresponsible just before an important game against Villa to sell such a player and not have anyone to cover."

also in Mirror transfer news

Manchester City are sending Slovakia World Cup winger Vladimir Weiss to Rangers – for a bigger loan fee than Celtic offered.

Talented Weiss had the choice of moving to either Old Firm side but is heading for a medical and signing at Ibrox today.

He had a brief loan spell at Bolton last season. City had Premier League interest and from Stuttgart.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Vladimir-Weiss-has-joined-Rangers-on-loan-from-Manchester-City-and-rejected-Celtic-article558275.html#ixzz0x1x9pxTC

Lets just hope he doesn't get treated the same way as Aaron Niguez.

if we're paying a "substantial" fee just to loan him for a season and £20k p/w then i doubt we'd bench him. he'll be put straight into the starting 11 (hopefully :craphead: )

also mancini is on drugs imo

ireland is a far better player than milner will ever be

weiss is far better than johnson

bellemy is far better than swp

given is far better than hart

im sure there is more examples, mancini is heading straight for the sack imo

also in Mirror transfer news

Manchester City are sending Slovakia World Cup winger Vladimir Weiss to Rangers – for a bigger loan fee than Celtic offered.

Talented Weiss had the choice of moving to either Old Firm side but is heading for a medical and signing at Ibrox today.

He had a brief loan spell at Bolton last season. City had Premier League interest and from Stuttgart.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Vladimir-Weiss-has-joined-Rangers-on-loan-from-Manchester-City-and-rejected-Celtic-article558275.html#ixzz0x1x9pxTC

already posted this mate, if you check the link after 'Also'